Vacancy In Sudan.

"I'm bound to get some politically correct individual commenting"
Good morning, how are you today?

"than throw more money at a backward continent like Africa"
http://www.usafricaonline.com/chido.petrogas.html

The asset-rich african countries are being divested of their natural resources by conglomerates. Something like 90+% of nigerian oil is taken out of Nigeria into western countries, so that we can stay warm, rather than build african economies.
Africa doesnt need aid, it just needs to keep its own natural resources for its own growth.
This would be like you breaking into someones house, steal all their valuables, beat up the owners, and then complain about the cost of buying the owners bandages for the wounds you yourself have inflicted upon them.

The same story could be said about metals-mining, and diamonds, etc.

There are clearly issues about ethnic problems and border disputes, but lets get get too high and mighty, from our cosy, warm, centrally-heated homes about the underlying causes.

EDIT: LOL, CB. that thought occured to me as well! Anyway it was the KIDS that agreed to call the teddy Mohammed, didnt they? The teacher had nothing to do with it; she merely asked the question.

Well someone somewhere has done a deal to allow the likes of BP, Shell, Exxon to come and get the oil. You see the problem is expertise, Africans can barely feed themselves so how are they expected to get the cash to get the oil out of the ground ?? Or have the people trained to do it ??

If they have negotiated deals with BP and the like that aren't to their favour, who's fault is that ?? Bp's I guess....Gee's they got the oil at a cheap price, they should offer to pay more, because that's what all businesses do. Furthermore it's AFRICANS digging up the diamonds and robbing from their own people. A couple of Illiterate African warlords sitting in a tent, swapping $$$$$ of diamonds for a couple of Kalashnikov's and two hand grenades...Great business sense....

If people want to keep contributing to African Charities go ahead. I for one don't and won't, for my "small minded" reasons explained above.

Yes my friend I do think you are making a humangous mountain out of a little incident and a little lateral thinking would go far...

Spot on.

It is a tiny incident which will be totally forgotten long before Christmas, Ramadan, Yom Kippur...whatever.

And Sudan will have had its place in the limelight and will be forgotten too.

Well someone somewhere has done a deal to allow the likes of BP, Shell, Exxon to come and get the oil. You see the problem is expertise, Africans can barely feed themselves so how are they expected to get the cash to get the oil out of the ground ?? Or have the people trained to do it ??

If they have negotiated deals with BP and the like that aren't to their favour, who's fault is that ?? Bp's I guess....Gee's they got the oil at a cheap price, they should offer to pay more, because that's what all businesses do. Furthermore it's AFRICANS digging up the diamonds and robbing from their own people. A couple of Illiterate African warlords sitting in a tent, swapping $$$$$ of diamonds for a couple of Kalashnikov's and two hand grenades...Great business sense....

If people want to keep contributing to African Charities go ahead. I for one don't and won't, for my "small minded" reasons explained above.

Exactly! What the hell would the famine decimated people of Etheopia want with diamonds and oil. Fly repelant and Ready Break, is all they need.

Of much more pressing importance is whether Aston Villa can beat Arsenal today.

Of much more pressing importance is whether Aston Villa can beat Arsenal today.

Right, that's the... 'woman locked up in a horrible country'... problem, debated and solved.

Now, Football. What about the England international squad.

PS - Morocco, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Guinea, Congo, Kenya, Angola, Zambia, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, S.Africa, Madagascar all seem to be doing reasonably well.

So you pick couple of countries going through a rough patch and throw in the whole continent and good charitable work.

That is after it has been raped for good couple of hundred years by America and Europe...

What's wrong with the countries above?

What is it with some people and I didn't mention this or that? So WHAT? I did.

You are extreme in your views for what a little teacher incident and some over zealous religeous gits.

I assume your point is this little incident proves you are right about the continent of Africa and foreign aid.

How do you view the Marshall aid to rebuild Europe after 2nd World War then?

Not only did we have WW1 where 5 million people died in horrendous conditions being gassed to death and even tortured by their own kind for being shell shocked, we had to have WWII cause we didn't have enough blood 20 years earlier.

Yes my friend I do think you are making a humangous mountain out of a little incident and a little lateral thinking would go far...

You are going a little over the top, I have posted why I DON'T give aid to Africa. By the way the countries you list are real winners.

Angola - More than 50% of the country unemployed, with 70% living below the poverty line, 1 phone line per 100 people and a 27 year Civil war that finished a few years back leaving more than 4million people displaced and 1.5 million dead....Right let's book the flights

Mauritana - only 2% of the pop live til they're 65 + , It is also a destination country for forced child labour. Also on the tier 2 list for SLAVERY.

Seriously, I really cannot be bothered to debate the point anymore. I could write a whole load of facts on each of the countries listed but I have better things to do with my saturday afternoon.

If you want to give your hard earned to countries like that, go ahead. I personally don't.

Now, Football. What about the England international squad.

See the thread entitled " Justice" in The Lounge Sports section.

Would really like to see Villa win today but I think Arsenal will breeze it.

Any Sudanese players in the Arsenal team ?

Give em a bit of stick if there are eh ? :cheesy:

BTW, Did anybody see Ronaldo's superb goal in the Champion's League the other night ?

All Aston Villa has to remember is that they will be playing a bunch of well paid foreign mercenaries.

I've been an Arsenal fan most of my life and am sorry the way things are, today. It's a London club in name, only, and they are likely to have a Russian president, soon.

Split

Just checked out Sudan.

They are 105 in the FIFA rankings.

Probably give England a good game at Wembley.

We could use Teddy Bears as mascots just for the game.

All Aston Villa has to remember is that they will be playing a bunch of well paid foreign mercenaries.

I've been an Arsenal fan most of my life and am sorry the way things are, today. It's a London club in name, only, and they are likely to have a Russian president, soon.

Split

We used to live on Plimsoll Rd, near the old Highbury Stadium and when Arsenal scored the windows used to rattle from the cheer.

Those were the days. I'm almost tempted to give you a reputation for being an Arsenal supporter Split... Good on yer matey...

BTW, Did anybody see Ronaldo's superb goal in the Champion's League the other night ?

The free kick? Great goal. A couple of seasons ago he was being knocked for his 'show-boating', personally i think it's great to watch, and Ronaldo himself just seems to get better.

And i'm a Man City fan.:-0

We used to live on Plimsoll Rd, near the old Highbury Stadium and when Arsenal scored the windows used to rattle from the cheer.

Those were the days. I'm almost tempted to give you a reputation for being an Arsenal supporter Split... Good on yer matey...

No, I wasn't quite so close. I come from Hampstead ( where the Nobs hang out :p )

Split

And god said, have a pint, go to the curry house ,for those are for you to enjoy...

mmm, i still think any prophet would probably suggest , do not strike your fellow man/woman if they are ignorant, instead offer to teach them your ways in a gentle and constructive manner in order that exchange of beliefs/knowledge may flourish.

You telling me Mohammed suggests, whipping, and locking people up is good for a man's spirit & soul ?

maybe its time for some sort of common policy to be headed up under ministry of religious & spiritual affairs. Accountable to United Nations or something......

Locking people up over religion seems, well ,isnt it offending all gods? the disgust of it?

Today as yet Ive not had a beer. But maybe I'll sink a few to see if 3 pint philoshopy wacks in and makes things clearer. :p

Amen to that.

mmm, i still think any prophet would probably suggest , do not strike your fellow man/woman if they are ignorant, instead offer to teach them your ways in a gentle and constructive manner in order that exchange of beliefs/knowledge may flourish.

You telling me Mohammed suggests, whipping, and locking people up is good for a man's spirit & soul ?

maybe its time for some sort of common policy to be headed up under ministry of religious & spiritual affairs. Accountable to United Nations or something......

Locking people up over religion seems, well ,isnt it offending all gods? the disgust of it?

Today as yet Ive not had a beer. But maybe I'll sink a few to see if 3 pint philoshopy wacks in and makes things clearer. :p

Amen to that.

What curry do you like, CB?

I like the hot ones, vindaloo, phall and that. Don't get me wrong, i don't eat hot curries for the machoism involved like some, i love all indian food and i don't need a gallon down my neck to enjoy it.

The one i normally eat is, balti chicken tikka vindaloo, it's got everything, heat, spice, taste and consistancy. I love it.

Indian food is probably my favourite, especially cold on a Sunday morning.

Today as yet Ive not had a beer.

Shame on you.

You should be locked up for not drinking until after 3pm on a Saturday.

I am happy to say that I am already in orbit.

What curry do you like, CB?

I like the hot ones, vindaloo, phall and that. Don't get me wrong, i don't eat hot curries for the machoism involved like some, i love all indian food and i don't need a gallon down my neck to enjoy it.

The one i normally eat is, balti chicken tikka vindaloo, it's got everything, heat, spice, taste and consistancy. I love it.

Indian food is probably my favourite, especially cold on a Sunday morning.

yep, same here mate, i was at a curry house with my bro in law, best mate once, he ordered vindaloo, i order Phall, lol now he is a boy racer, im not havin none of that type, so he changed to phall too. **** me,,,,,, it was rocket hot, the sweats, started getting hiccups, at which he p!ssed himself, I said wait a mniute you'll get the hiccups in a mo... sure enough he, did..

It was a MONSTER phall..... he was battered by it... lol muppet , have you heard of that daves insanity sauce..... lol he came over to a BBQ once, he dont learn, took a teaspoon of it neat. he said he actually bled for a couple days inside and when going for a dump........ LOL.

Daves insanity sauce.... its mental. always got some hot pepper sauce flying about on my food.