USA Debt Crisis

Is there a debt crisis in the US? I didn't realise. I just thought it was a slow news week now that phone hacking has become passe.

So predictable.

1st Social Security
2nd Migrants...

I thought this was where you were going and did say in my previous posts.

You really know your economics don't you... ;)

I think it is you that is so predictable. He wasn't having a go at immigrants.

So predictable.

1st Social Security
2nd Migrants...

I thought this was where you were going and did say in my previous posts.

You really know your economics don't you... ;)

No not at all, at the moment this is where the thread has gone.

I actually wanted to talk about "state size reduction" and getting govt back in it's place where it enables things to happen instead of legislating our every move. Do you think that big safety net govt is a good thing ? Or should the people be encouraged to get off their arses and go do something productive. Govt of course can be the final safety net ( much reduced of course) so that nobody falls between the cracks, but seriously, there is no poverty any more, everyone seems to have what they want ! There is no incentive in the system if everything is provided over and above basic need.

This is polarising the debate. Very good and interesting to listen to and largely typical. Hits all the points with no clear winner imho.

I don't believe either side has the answer but solution lies in both Demand and Supply side management. One sided solution simply doesn't exist.

Atilla, do you think it's a good idea the government in cahoots with the central banks, intervene on rates like they do post every crisis which only fuels the next boom and bust?? Surely you recognise rates are best left to the market kind sir?

Atilla, do you think it's a good idea the government in cahoots with the central banks, intervene on rates like they do post every crisis which only fuels the next boom and bust?? Surely you recognise rates are best left to the market kind sir?

One of the problems the EC has right now is that they have different countries at different levels of economic activity and key instrument is not available for them to manage inflationary effects.

If the BoE has inflation target of 2% and if that target is exceeded the only instrument it has to tweak is interest rates. Should be raised. However, raising it will directly impact the sterling as well as making probably good few million homeless in the current climate.

I've said this many times before - the remaining adjustment then becomes a demand side action - raising taxes to stave off demand. Or as some may suggest cut back on all services which are to some the real cause of our problems.

Of course neither of this has happened in the US. Instead they dropped rates carrying a loose monetary policy to finance war debt and cut taxes to the rich and oil companies. Hey presto twin defecits.

I'm not sir and don't patronise me, but you certainly come across as a dim wit.

So what do you suggest is the solution smarty pants? I bet you'll come out with two half baked sentences.

6f872bd9-c5fd-4db5-b725-bb87a4c3855b.jpg

I can see the disintegration of USA now, just as Soviet Union went down.
C'mon TEXAS - go for INDEPENDENCE!

I can't believe I waste my time listening to that debate. It was horsesh1t from both sides.

It was two one dimensional :cheesy:

I did enjoy it though... Good stuff (y)

I always think of Milton Friedman and not Fred Hayek as the guy who did the work on monetarists view of supply side management. I must be getting old.

Simple questions >
italy, Greece, Spain, portugal and Ireland are all in a **** hole! they have borrowed

They borrowed mostly from Germany, France and UK.

Germany, France and UK. are also in a **** hole by lending money to these stupid countries
USA is in a Bigger **** hole

so the big question is FROM WHERE is all the MONEY coming from????????
In balance sheet - there is always a DEBIT and CREDIT and the books are balanced

but here everyone is in a **** hole

I am baffled! - can someone help me?

you come up with some quite pertinent points, but then you go and ruin it by spouting such utter crap like this......

Reason why Europe doing better than UK is because their labour and social policies prevent the mass unemployment and firing of staff for short term corporate gain. This is precisely why Germany, France and Italy are doing better than the UK.

precisely why? you really think this? and you dare to add a rolling eye smiley when i question your hideously myopic assumption that short selling is causing economic woes, and i am still awaiting evidence of such. crikes.

though i do like this gem....

You give it to well endowed people

agree, give it to women with big breasts.

i am done with this thread.

you come up with some quite pertinent points, but then you go and ruin it by spouting such utter crap like this......

precisely why? you really think this? and you dare to add a rolling eye smiley when i question your hideously myopic assumption that short selling is causing economic woes, and i am still awaiting evidence of such. crikes.

though i do like this gem....

agree, give it to women with big breasts.

i am done with this thread.

How you read my reply and if so how about you answer some of the points and questions raised.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/131524-usa-debt-crisis-9.html#post1635836

Bit of a joker aren't you - give it to women with big breasts... :LOL:

Daft muppet...

poor chap, you're like a lost puppy

since no one will tell you, the answer is fiat money

Simple questions >
italy, Greece, Spain, portugal and Ireland are all in a **** hole! they have borrowed

They borrowed mostly from Germany, France and UK.

Germany, France and UK. are also in a **** hole by lending money to these stupid countries
USA is in a Bigger **** hole

so the big question is FROM WHERE is all the MONEY coming from????????
In balance sheet - there is always a DEBIT and CREDIT and the books are balanced

but here everyone is in a **** hole

I am baffled! - can someone help me?