USA Debt Crisis

CV you still there???

Deap breaths - take it easy now...

At last there are some leaders with vision and dare and the balls of a raging bull...

Spain raises taxes on the rich | Business | The Guardian

Go Jose go... Rodriguez Zapatero is the new Zorro...

He has my vote.

Phew at last a bleeding common sense tax raising Government to solve this daft crises....

Spain leads where others will ultimately follow... HOOORRRRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

The question is it enough, unlikely to make much of a dent in debt.more likely to make a dent in the wealthy immigrating. What they need is a competitive edge which is unlikely while they remain in the EU. I think they should create a separate union\ currency for the likes of these struggling countries so that they have a competitive edge. Countries like Germany can provide quality goods and services while this other group can provide europes answer to china, india etc.

The question is it enough, unlikely to make much of a dent in debt.more likely to make a dent in the wealthy immigrating. What they need is a competitive edge which is unlikely while they remain in the EU. I think they should create a separate union\ currency for the likes of these struggling countries so that they have a competitive edge. Countries like Germany can provide quality goods and services while this other group can provide europes answer to china, india etc.

The part I bolded is a good idea but defeats the purpose of the EMU. I really hope the EMU gets through this crisis without needing to resort to abandoning the single currency (and by extension the single monetary policy).

Plus taxing the wealthy more decreases incentives to be wealthy. It is a disgusting, politically motivated and inefficient tax system. Over the last few years there've been many calls here for the government to increase taxes on the wealthy i'm so glad the government hasn't listened.

Reminded me of a line i read in an old journal article (1886 i think) "The wealthy have a right to property and the poor have a right to labour"

The part I bolded is a good idea but defeats the purpose of the EMU. I really hope the EMU gets through this crisis without needing to resort to abandoning the single currency (and by extension the single monetary policy).

Plus taxing the wealthy more decreases incentives to be wealthy. It is a disgusting, politically motivated and inefficient tax system. Over the last few years there've been many calls here for the government to increase taxes on the wealthy i'm so glad the government hasn't listened.

Reminded me of a line i read in an old journal article (1886 i think) "The wealthy have a right to property and the poor have a right to labour"

How do you feel about flat rate tax increase on everyone - not just the wealthy?