US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

Wow, that colour sort of hits you right full on!
You're right about how much time posting can take. How my Missus puts up with it I'll never know... But you know that the serious guys (and gals) on here really do appreciate it.
If you're not going to post a thingy, maybe I should have a stab and say it's up all the way tomorrow and close at HOD....just this once. If it doesn't, we can all have a good laugh at my expense. If it does, then you can all call me lucky....

However you cut it, you can't get away from the fact that the triangle has broken to the upside with a target around 9550

Attachments

• indudly.gif
    indudly.gif
    12 KB · Views: 698
And the S&P has broken the bull flag, target 1150 +

Attachments

• s&p500dly.gif
    s&p500dly.gif
    11 KB · Views: 676
Craps, I didn't realise so much has happened on the board over the last couple of weeks. I've been really busy with home stuff and not had a chance to get the boards 50 times a day like I was before. I just finished all the posts.. woah..
Hope all is well... my trading has been really crap over the last couple of weeks.. I'm gonna wait until I see something for sure.. lost a whole bag load.. :(
Greets to you all again.. I'll try get post more when things calm down.. :) :)

chartman, I thought I wanted to brighten my charts up a bit. Someone emailed me saying they were a bit "boring"?

1150, chartman, you make me look bearish!!!!!!

chart coming up

the effect of a Guarana overdoes is wearing off. I was playing around with some cycles that I pciked up from a book i read.

Not quite sure what to make of it right now, but it seems to point to continuation of the rally...

g'nite

Attachments

• dow3.png
    dow3.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 703
going back ten years (monthly chart) and all incarnations inbetween everything says bullish. In fact, this may explain why I seem unable to make a sucessful go at shorting recently (great practice at setting stops though)...

trio.gif

Sorry, not strictly intraday and probably stating the bleedin' obvious but...

I think the Dow may struggle at the downtrend that crosses at around 9500.
So far, the Dow is the only one of the three principal indices to break out above previous major highs (9400) on a closing basis. Confirmation from the others must occur soon or the breakout is, imho, suspect.

The SPX needs to break through 1015. If it reaches 1015 there is a potential triple top in the offing; 1015 also represents the underside of the previous uptrend which should pose more resistance. The daily RSI & CCI look like they may show a marked ND on a test of 1015. Weekly RSI and momentum have already turned down from an overbought condition and MACD looks to be on the verge of issuing a sell signal.

The Naz looks very like the SPX, though it is having a crack at the previous high, at least intraday, but I remain wary of its strength given the pronounced ND on the daily RSI & CCI. Weekly RSI and momentum have also already turned down from an overbought condition and MACD looks to be on the verge of issuing a sell signal.

A low stake swing short on any index is a tempting propostion, especially on the SPX with a stop at 1020 or thereabouts.

Sod's Law,missed the run up after the opg, been trying to short it since, stopped out a few times, lost $$ and when the b*st**d goes ,I'm not on it!

See you later

Does anyone have experience of trading several S&P mini contracts?What are the fills like when trading two or more?

Last edited:
oatman,
looks like you have another chance.What a volatile day...............drop attibuted to fat fingers again....these guys must cost fortunes !!

Someone punched in the wrong order....instead of selling 1000 contracts 10,000 instead

cheers

jonnyy40 said:
Does anyone have experience of trading several S&P mini contracts?What are the fills like when trading two or more?

The speed of fills for anything up to around 20 contracts is just the same as trading single contracts. The only thing is that when you trade 50 and 100 contracts at market, instead of 'click', fill, it goes click, um, fill. The 'um' lasts one or two seconds during good volatility, and a little longer during the quiet times such as over lunch.

Skim

P.S. Just in case you are wondering, I don't trade 50 and 100 contracts at a time, but I spent a few months trading with someone who did, so I know the fill times. One day I hope I shall have first-hand knowledge of fill times on 100 contracts but I'm a long way from that at the moment. :D

Anyone else having problems getting charts for ES-200309-GLOBEX? I get 'no security definitionexists for the request'.

Here is an inspirational 360 degree view from the top of the great pyramid/rice price calculator in Giza:

http://www.aeroinvest.com/broadcast/mta2000pr/movies/Khufu-hi-res.mov

Needs Quicktime.

Those intrigued by its relevance to trading might want to explore Connie Brown's truly excellent analysis at www.aeroinvest.com.

Happy Trading

-----------------------------------------

Price might go up; price might go down; but everytime price will go round.

:D

Last edited: