US Indices Intra-day Trading for August 2003

boy - SP: ES-200309-GLOBEX
FTSE: Z-200309-LIFFE

Sorry don't speak german so can't help u on that.

I would agree with that. Has been dull for the last 2 weeks and hope it picks up in September.

"..seriousness of the situation" reminds me of that German joke.

Its the very final stages of WW2 and Vienna German Army HQ rings up Berlin German Army HQ, "Hello, can you tell us, what is your situation? Berlin responds, "The situation is serious but not desperate. Can you tell us your situation in Vienna?" Vienna replies, "Oh yes of course; the situation here in Vienna is desperate .. but not serious."

Of course this is a little self-parodying amusement for Austrians because the Austrians consider themselves above the mundane Swiss and Germans.. but don't ask me about the swirls and currents between regions and sub-regions of Europe because I really know jack nothing on that subject.

Last edited:
Forgive me for being cynical, but could the real reason for Sun not displaying his path on T2W be that he is planning to sell it on Tactical Trader?

Fair due if you are Tom, I have enjoyed following your path and on more than one occasion made money from it. I just hope the charges will not be too high!

purple..........I believe Tom is genuinely trying to help traders better themselves,and that is what he considers payment.
........the less said about your comment the better

cheers

I am not having a go Steve, but Tactical trader is advertising "the map" an exclusive from Tom Hougaard. If it is something different then I apologise, to you and Sun

purple,
just took a look myself.Perhaps it's me who should be apologizing.....
sorry to jump on you,it's just all the hassle on this thread of late,didn't want another can of worms opened

Ah! now talking off Kipling

" I kept six honest men, they taught me all I knew, There names were : What & Why & When & How & Where & Who"
..............................................................Rudyard Kipling

No worries Steve - as I said I have no beef with Sun, he obviously puts a lot of time and effort into his work, and if he can make a few quid on the side then good for him.

Cheers

"I believe Tom is genuinely trying to help traders better themselves,and that is what he considers payment.
........the less said about your comment the better"

I am Steve, I really am, and thats what I have done for the last 3 months.....and will continue to do so....

I hope you understand that....

I know this is a very sensitive topic, so I will thread carefully. I will continue to post here, i just wont post the you know what....The reason is that i have spent and still do spend lots of time on it...
I hope no one took offence, it was meant as an aide, an edge, that is what it is for me...

I think the market is setting up for a big rally. the you know what seems to point in that direction :) :)

but it looks like we will have to wait to tomorrow....

We need to get through that blasted 1004. There will be a mountain of stops above there guys. All the shorts of the world will have their stop aobve 1005

Sun,
I`ve been away for a few days and have just caught up with the goings on. When you first started posting the "you know what" I congratulated you on your guts for doing so.

My reason for this was I was worried this might happen. Some people just love to knock others. It`s far easier to feel good about yourself by knocking others, than to improve yourself.

The level of selflessness you have shown by posting the "you know what" FOR FREE cannot be overstated. Althogh I never used it, I would like to take this opportunity to thankyou for doing so, as I can think of no finer example of the spirit behind this BB.

Cheers Tom and may good things continue to come your way

Wow Steve, that is really nice of you to say that. I dont know about other regular posters, but I also found that it took quite a lot of my time away from my trading posting this much. I want to lead toward less posting but still be able to contribute and pass on knowledge, and learn myself. At the end of the day I have only one goal and that is to become the best trader I can be.
I post here and on Tactical Trader because I think that is the goal of most of us, to keep improving and learn. This is a pretty tough business to crack and you need all the motivation and help you can get.

Anyway, got to go. I am looking at the SOX index. I am not very strong on fundamental analysis. However, I gathered that the semiconductors are leading stocks higher in the anticipation that the corporate spending and investment will increase as the economy picks up. However, what if it does not pick up???????? :(

up up and away, and showing no signs of weaknes, despite 75-80% rise in 6 months

Attachments

• sox.png
    sox.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 721