US Indices intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Nice post genti,

Bit of mischief, always lighten's things up!!!
Don't think, there's many City fans on this site, I think Tom trades direct access, so read in to that what you will!!! :D

Hope everyone went short on the TA tip!!!

Cheers a320

Sidinuk, I think you said it yourself m8
"wow that ISM figure was a lot higher than expected!"

Skim. I knew you'd be on that one as well. 2 points on the S&P? Not bad my friend. In fact better than me. I was on the mini dow. But still have a grin. I was tempted to go for the second leg because as you know 9 out of 10 times after a drop like that it jumps back like a rubber band being stretched, Giving those that missed the first leg a fair crack at the second. But I'm happy with mine.
All three majors bombed. The liffe future hardly registered on the chart, something like 20 odd points I think. That is really begining to annoy. Just no volume to it anymore. Think I may pack that one in soon and give myself a couple more hours in bed.

Oh well, early holiday I think.

God bless America. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

options, the ISM numbers caused the little pop up at 3pm but what happened at 3.38 to cause the YM to drop 600 pts and ES to drop 15 pts. I can't find any news so it must be fat fingers in a thin market?

Well done Skim for taking advantage. I was short ES but by the time I reacted we were back to where we started! doh!

PS Not Tim's year again, then!

DaxTrader tells me that apparently some muppet put 38000 in the volume box instead of 3800, but i dont know if thats the case or not.

Sidinuk. In that case m8 I have no idea.
I turn off all the news feeds while trading and even turn the speakers down. The chart tells me all I need to know. I find the tv, bloomberg etc a distraction and other people's view a hinderance. No matter who they are.
I'm not clever enough to decide which way the market will break on news announcements.

sounds about right Rossored! When you see a dip like that you fear the worst though don't you.

Indeed you do sid. Fortunately I was short from 9130 but wasn't quick enough to close my short when IG's price fell to 8780 (not that I could anyway), then it bounced back to 9080. Still caned 'em for 49pts though. ;)

Options - I also didn't bother riding the swan up again, lol. But having made an extra day's money on one single 5 minute bar, I decided to sit back and relax. I looked on briefing.com for any news at the time, but there wasn't any.

This was the only mention on briefing.com:
11:01 ET Market sell off : As a follow up to 10:58 comment on market sell off, hearing that a major house sold 2000 SPX contracts instead of the 200 order.
10:58 ET Hearing that bad program trade took market down :

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY i MISS THE OPPORTUNITIES LIKE THAT SPIKE. I MISSED THE 1-2-3 ON FED DAY BECAUSE I FELL ASLEEP. Now you guys are rubbing it in all over my face that I jsut missed the spike of the century....

WELL, I hope you guys made some of it....i was sitting in traffic after a CNN interview.....

not a happy man right now.....but at least I am short from last nights close

Reg. the City Index score.....they have just changed the platform so you can place all sorts of order, stops, limits ets...it is the dogs Bu....., but the spreads,,well, what can I say.....

how about that the market is not going higher and we are going DOWN.....in my opinion

SUNNYSEEKER

A.C.E. have cancelled all the dow future trades in the spike. Dunno about Globex or spreadbetters

Never mind Tom, we all miss terrific trades from time to time.
Being in the right or wrong place at the time I guess.
I can relate to the falling asleep bit. Did that mid trade once and burnt away 36 points.

Bit of bad news for anyone who followed that spike down from 9017 and below @10.38.00 est to 10.40.04
Ace compliance are rulling it as erroneous and are busting all trades.

My guess is that a lot of big boys got burned.
Ahh, shame.

thanks ace, thnx options....

I have never fallen asleep over a trade, but the FED sleep over psid me off as i had warned everyone, and I got a few mails saying thank you for the tip, and all I could say was GREAT, I missed it]

:cheesy:

another thing though is that if they dont bust the trades in the e-mini, the geometry will be horrible on Monday and the path will be completely weired

2 charts, interesting to see that the SP cash obeyed the structure and the Dow did not...leads me to conclude that the Dow less liquid or more manipulative ( nothing new there then )

Attachments

• sp cash vs dow cash.png
    sp cash vs dow cash.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 409
No Trading After 1pm EST Until Monday

US markets and therefore most of their trading closes today at 1.00pm EST and there is no trading tomorrow because the US is celebrating the 4th July

Paul

i know Paul....what am I going to do????

Where is the nearest Bingo Hall? Gotta get the adrenalin flowing somehow....keepts the arteries flowing you know....no, dont suggest I trade FTSE....I am talking about REAL adrenalin :cheesy:

Yes, it's certainly a problem having a whole day and this evening just for thumb twiddling. And then the weekend. I'll have gnawed my thumbs to stumps by then ...