Turbo Morning Trade EA

I haven't traded TMT or FMT for over a week. I think Christmas week into New Years is a good time to take a break

Mark are you still trading? I remember reading somewhere that you would continue through the holidays.

December's losses, this year and last, suggest that Turbo needs a new feature that allows you to go opposite the signal. Profits would have great with 40 TP, 35 SL in the opposite direction. With this feature installed, ideally we could backtest it against the volume, so we could identify if there are certain volume conditions, particularly around other holidays, where Turbo would shine as a negative indicator.

I wanted to try having FMT and TMT open to see what would happen. What TMT did was open a trade without SL or TP and FMT is working normally. This is all on a demo account of course but it is kind of scary. So the TMT trade is running completely blind now. Has anybody else had that happen before?

I wanted to try having FMT and TMT open to see what would happen. What TMT did was open a trade without SL or TP and FMT is working normally. This is all on a demo account of course but it is kind of scary. So the TMT trade is running completely blind now. Has anybody else had that happen before?

I figured it out lol. Its because both EA's have the same magic number. My own fault

I've been having problems with this as well. Even with two different magic numbers, and running each EA in it's own MT4 window, but on the same Alpari-US account, problems continue. It seems as if each EA controls the other whenever it modifies the order. In other words, if TMT calls for a modified S/L to BE, it will modifiy the FMT order as well. Likewise if the FMT modifies, it modifies TMT. The TP modified to "0.000" doesn't seem to matter. The EA seems to close the orders at +35pips even when the TP reads "0" (of course, we haven't seen that for a while!:(). Check your journal to see this process as it happened during the trade. The entries will show the chronological order of the changes in TP and S/L.

I've emailed Mark about this, but haven't heard back.

I've been having problems with this as well. Even with two different magic numbers, and running each EA in it's own MT4 window, but on the same Alpari-US account, problems continue. It seems as if each EA controls the other whenever it modifies the order. In other words, if TMT calls for a modified S/L to BE, it will modifiy the FMT order as well. Likewise if the FMT modifies, it modifies TMT. The TP modified to "0.000" doesn't seem to matter. The EA seems to close the orders at +35pips even when the TP reads "0" (of course, we haven't seen that for a while!:(). Check your journal to see this process as it happened during the trade. The entries will show the chronological order of the changes in TP and S/L.

On one Alpari US account, I have only been able to run one FMT EA or one Turbo trade at a time. The few times I tried to double up, I had to quickly dump the trades. In the future, I will be opening a second MT4 Pro account and run a second EA trade on my Alpari VPS, which you can get for free with a minimum of 5 lots traded a month.

Good to know thanks.

Backtesting again from Oct 30 - Dec. 17:
A combination of the time, the BE Add pips, and higher SL gave higher profits.

Time: 5:45 - 6:15 London time
PF 3.50
44SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 1, 35 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 5.79
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0. 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR False

PF 6.33
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit, 1, 50 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 6.45
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR True

Great work. Can you please show your results in pips per contract? Or quantify the winnings in another way?

Hi MagicPips
Followed all your posts last month - thanks for the effort - which of your many formulas are you going to trade with this month?

Yes, FMT works great. Just can't seem to get TMT to fire more trades. The time I'm using is 06:00-06:30. Only traded once over eight days and that was for a loss.

Hi Prof8t - did Think Forex work for you eventually - I'm planning to use Think for my live trades starting next week.