Turbo Morning Trade EA

ATR trailing default is FALSE. I am saying to use ATR Trailing TRUE. All the rest of the settings after that are default.

OK, i think we are closer now.:clap:

If "UseAtrTrailing = True", then there is also a setting for AtrTrailingPeriod and AtrTrailingCoef. If these are at default values, then they are 20 (AtrTrailingPeriod) and 1.0 (AtrTrailingCoef).

I've read that 2.0 and 4.0 for the AtrTrailingCoef also produce good results.

With exit = 2 and "UseAtrTrailing = True," there is no need to use second TP = 35 because it does not work. That's what was confusing me, the use of the 2nd TP = 35, because if you were using a 2nd TP = 35, then UseAtrTrailing would have to be False.

Thanks for catching the error. It was quite late last night :)
ATR Trailing should be False. I re-ran the backtest between 10/30 - 12/16. 4.39 PF, 94%.

I bailed at -9 pips. First time I have done that but the indicators were showing it wasn't going to be a profitable trade. It looked wrong

My TMT got stopped on the retracement so made just +2, SL set at BE +2!
FMT Out at SL -40

Last edited:
because this is my last FX-Day today I wish all of you a very nice X-Mas and a Happy and Pipful New Year
Animated-Santa.gif

Backtesting again from Oct 30 - Dec. 17:
A combination of the time, the BE Add pips, and higher SL gave higher profits.

Time: 5:45 - 6:15 London time
PF 3.50
44SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 1, 35 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 5.79
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0. 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR False

PF 6.33
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit, 1, 50 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 6.45
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR True

Backtesting again from Oct 30 - Dec. 17:
A combination of the time, the BE Add pips, and higher SL gave higher profits.

Time: 5:45 - 6:15 London time
PF 3.50
44SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 1, 35 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 5.79
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0. 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR False

PF 6.33
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit, 1, 50 2nd TP, ATR Trailing False

PF 6.45
49SL, 20 BE, 5 Addpips, 0, 0, 27 TP, 82%, Exit 3, 50 2nd TP, 50 Trailingstop Pips, ATR True

Hi Magic
Thanks for sharing your backtesting - I tried out the ideas from last week and they worked ok even using same time throughout year (on Think Forex). I look forward to backtesting your latest ideas. All the best for a happy holiday season

Hi Magic
Thanks for sharing your backtesting - I tried out the ideas from last week and they worked ok even using same time throughout year (on Think Forex). I look forward to backtesting your latest ideas. All the best for a happy holiday season

It does not work in the long run, maybe for the holidays. I have backtested it for 2010. The 40Stop and 40TP is still the best option and then the 40Stop 35TP.

It does not work in the long run, maybe for the holidays. I have backtested it for 2010. The 40Stop and 40TP is still the best option and then the 40Stop 35TP.

Thanks F-razor - I will keep your findings in mind as I backtest magic's ideas over the holiday. Best wishes

Entered at 8-15, 5528, out half at 64, other half running with the 3 candles SL, that will lock in 18 profit even if it all goes wrong on the second half.

UPDATE:
Out of SL with 19 in the bag on second half, using Mark's method of comparison that is +35, +19 divided by 2 to give "real" pips so 27 pips.
Am happy with that!

Some people were posting entries on FMT but I did not have a signal.

Last edited:
Some people were posting entries on FMT but I did not have a signal.

On AlpatiUK demo,one above and one below, so no bet.

:confused:

On monday I quite like the thought of using 24 i.e. 6 hours on both indicators, instead of the prescribed medicine, it cuts out the gaping at the weekend.

;)

I got a buy trade with FxPro but none with Forex.com.
I don't see why there was no trade on Forex.com because indicator values were clearly for a buy trade. Does anyone have any idea?

I'm using ThinkForex.

Be aware that ThinkForex data are not correct in the timing. What I mean is that their Server does not has the correct time (offset of about 2 minutes into the future) (n).
You can compare it with Alpari and than you will see it.

If these guys are not able to use a correct timing ....

Antomi