Turbo Morning Trade EA

-40 pips on Alpari UK demo, my first (test) trade with TMT.

Also stopped out were were all the other similar morning trade systems! :( Fortunately all on demo, I will be on a live account from January.

OnTMT, after the EA opens my order it modifies it to put in the SL, but on my Alpari-US acct., it sets the TP at "0.000..." This has happened the last couple of trades, and yesterday it still closed the trade with the proper TP, even though it showed TP to be "0". Is this the way it's supposed to be?

OnTMT, after the EA opens my order it modifies it to put in the SL, but on my Alpari-US acct., it sets the TP at "0.000..." This has happened the last couple of trades, and yesterday it still closed the trade with the proper TP, even though it showed TP to be "0". Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Yes. First time it happened to me, I closed the trade and e-mailed Mark, who said this happens because Turbo controls the TPs.

Yes. First time it happened to me, I closed the trade and e-mailed Mark, who said this happens because Turbo controls the TPs.

So it's ok? It also modified the TP (setting it to "0" also) on my FMT EA that runs on the same acct with a separate chart and different magic number. Should I not worry about it?:confused:

So it's ok? It also modified the TP (setting it to "0" also) on my FMT EA that runs on the same acct with a separate chart and different magic number. Should I not worry about it?:confused:

0 TP OK. Don't know about running two EAs at once. Don't know if you can run two EAs at once in US. I panicked and closed all my positions when I tried it, because Alpari US doesn't allowing netting on MT4 Pro, and it looked too complicated to partially close trades. Hope you can. I run the EA at different times with different settings and magic numbers. That works.

Better ask Mark and post his answer.

BE +3. Without the added pips, I would have squeaked into the trade by .5 pips. Will have to get 12 more BE +3s to make up for the missed profit on this trade. Or remove the +3 from my extra BE pips settings.
Hindsight is always so clear.

Until now the best timing is 6:15-6:30 (as per my testing). I have attached the test report so you can check it out.
Hi musallam,

How come you say ”best timing is 6:15-6:30(as per my testing).

When I checked your test report: AlpariUK
TradingTimeFrom=”07:15; TradingTimeTo=”07:30”.

Kindest Regards,
Hussein

If we are to support Marc in finding the best settings for the EA, it would be useful to set some standards. For example: 1) Ideally we would all use the same time frame. 2) We should only test one variable at a time. 3) The ideal settings should be retested using different brokers. The idea is to build a master table of different settings and results. This would take some work, but it would be worth it in the end. Otherwise, we seem to be looking at random results. Perhaps Marc could lend some guidance or share the settings he has tested to date?

If we are to support Marc in finding the best settings for the EA, it would be useful to set some standards. For example: 1) Ideally we would all use the same time frame. 2) We should only test one variable at a time. 3) The ideal settings should be retested using different brokers. The idea is to build a master table of different settings and results. This would take some work, but it would be worth it in the end. Otherwise, we seem to be looking at random results. Perhaps Marc could lend some guidance or share the settings he has tested to date?

Agree totally with you, lets do this!

Hi Guys,

Im thinking of buying this EA, I just want to know if you are running this along side FMT EA or does TMT EA replace FMT ?

Cheers.

I have TP set at for 60% at 35 pips and ATR trailing on true. The last trade it seemed to close the whole trade at 35 pips, it did the same with the last successful trade as well. Does anyone know what might be causing it to do that?

Hi Guys,

Im thinking of buying this EA, I just want to know if you are running this along side FMT EA or does TMT EA replace FMT ?

Cheers.

I only run the turbo version now, I think some guys use both but you will have to change one of the magic numbers as they are the same.

I have TP set at for 60% at 35 pips and ATR trailing on true. The last trade it seemed to close the whole trade at 35 pips, it did the same with the last successful trade as well. Does anyone know what might be causing it to do that?

I think it will do that if there are no more pips to go for. Try backtesting, and you'll see that sometimes it goes for a 2nd level of pips, and other times it doesn't.

On Friday, my Alpari-US TMT EA attempted to close 50% at 35TP, but failed. I received the "trade context is busy" signal. It never attempted the close again, until 7 minutes later, when it closed 100% at TP58 (set for TP50, but bigtime positive slippage!). I'm not complaining, mind you, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else experince this? Why did it give up trying to close at the first TP, and then close EVERYTHING at the second TP?

On Friday, my Alpari-US TMT EA attempted to close 50% at 35TP, but failed. I received the "trade context is busy" signal. It never attempted the close again, until 7 minutes later, when it closed 100% at TP58 (set for TP50, but bigtime positive slippage!). I'm not complaining, mind you, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Anyone else experince this? Why did it give up trying to close at the first TP, and then close EVERYTHING at the second TP?

Sounds like it's not coded to retry the partial close if it doesn't succeed. If that's the case i would hope Mark would add that to his bug fix list. Was TMT the only EA running at the time?