Tribal Wars-browser-based game

Wow. You have a nice army. I've got about 100.

Village Headquarters (Level 10)
Barracks (Level 5)
Stable (Level 3)
Smithy (Level 7)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 3)
Timber camp (Level 12)
Clay pit (Level 13)
Iron mine (Level 12)
Farm (Level 5)
Warehouse (Level 7)
Hiding place (Level 10)
Wall (Level 4)

I may have overdone it on the mines.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Send them all together to guarantee a successful spying mission. If a village has 3 scouts and you send 1, you lose the scout.

i send them out one by one, but at present i now i only send them to villages i farm - just keep checking that they haven't suddenly started recruiting. so far so good, haven't lost one yet ....

I may have overdone it on the mines.

we seem to have different approaches - i wonder whether this reflects our trading style ? :cheesy:

my strat has been to build up my defenses (wall, hiding place & archers) so that the attack troops can go out constantly raiding for the resources I need.
Now I've got the light cavalry, I shan't recruit many more infantry just yet, I only wants those LC boys! Not sure I'll bother with the mounted archers at this time, I can't see any benefit over light cavalry, until I start raidng villages that are heavily defended by archers.

That is the thing. People are asking for in-demand items (iron) and want good rates for it. That doesn't make sense.

When people are under attack they put their resources on the market at crazy prices rather than have them go to the enemy.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Send them all together to guarantee a successful spying mission. If a village has 3 scouts and you send 1, you lose the scout.

Not sure about world 18 but in world 12 a certain % of scouts must survive for a successful spy mission and defense. I think it's good to have a large number of scouts because they defend against scout attacks. You don't want your enemy to know what you have. I had 1600 in my strong village and defended against a 200 scout attack.

Oops. I sent 10 light cavalry to their deaths. Didn't send the paladin. They were so stupid that without the help of the paladin, they carried the horses. That's the only explanation I have for why 10 of them all died attacking an empty village.

:-0

1600 scouts???

:LOL:

If you last long enough to build your village up you will realise that 1600 is a small number. I’m speaking as far as World 12 is concerned - My recommendation is that you have at least 1 swordsman for every point your village has. It’s also good to have a spearman for every swordsman. Do this until your village is over 3500 points. Build your wall up to level 20 as quick as possible and you will be in a good position to defend against attacks. This is what I have in my biggest village which is just over 10K points.

4284 Spear fighters
6590 Swordsmen
1100 Axemen
1633 Scouts
400 Light cavalry
28 Heavy cavalry
64 Rams
43 Catapults

A rule of thumb seems to be that an attacker needs around 3x the number of troops you have if you have a level 20 wall. Run it in the simulator and see for yourself. You will find the simulator when you click on the rally point.

Just worked out how to minimise losses when attacked.

Obviously, get your hiding space maxed. Then if you're around and get the notification, send all your troops out to raid a newbie place (cos then they won't get killed).

Then allocate all your resources to building (anything, the bigger the better) and recruiting.

Had about 5000 units. Raider took 150 units. :D

my initial contact with our "alls" CWO came when I'd attacked one of their members.

The same happened when I attacked village 36/533 Anzati's Monkey Farm - Anzati and I agreed on a truce and I created him as a "friend"
He has now sent an exploratory email to see if we're interested in allying with his tribe ......

I''m not arsed either way, but felt I should bring it before my tribal brethren .....

hold the phone !! I just re-read his email. he doesn't want an alliance, he wants a merger ....in which case i vote "NON Monsieur"

sorry guys, i sent each of you a single scout, bearing tokens of esteem and friendship.

plus, I was curious to see if you could see an attack by a Scout - it seems I've never been scouted yet, which i take to be good news....

sorry guys, i sent each of you a single scout, bearing tokens of esteem and friendship.

plus, I was curious to see if you could see an attack by a Scout - it seems I've never been scouted yet, which i take to be good news....

Yes, I think any troop sent as an attack will apear as an attck. If you send 1 attack, with 1 or 100 or X number of troops, it will appear as 1 attack. You can't tell how big an incoming attack is unless you scout a village and find out how many troops they have in total and compare it to how many are left. But they could be anywhere. Not sure if you can do this in world 18

Oops. I sent 10 light cavalry to their deaths. Didn't send the paladin. They were so stupid that without the help of the paladin, they carried the horses. That's the only explanation I have for why 10 of them all died attacking an empty village.

were they spanish ? were they trading, i mean fighting without a Stop ?
no wonder they got killed