Trading in Dubai

tieler

Does anyone know if there are any trading arcades in Dubai? I hear they are investing allot in their infrastructure and its also tax free!

tieler said:
Does anyone know if there are any trading arcades in Dubai? I hear they are investing allot in their infrastructure and its also tax free!

Shall we start one? :D

If you bring the startup money I´ll do the rogue trading

yep - no income tax if you are resident in Dubai - I know of at least a couple of traders who are heading over there, and others who have plans afoot to possibly trade out there in due course.

Dont know anything of any arcades out there however.

I'm off soon! No arcades yet. A few of the acades have looked at Dubai, but there are no hubs and the financial centre is still very new.

I'm in Dubai at the moment, so if anyone would like to explore any opportunities pm.

Last edited:
yep - no income tax if you are resident in Dubai - I know of at least a couple of traders who are heading over there, and others who have plans afoot to possibly trade out there in due course.

What you gain from taxes maybe you will have to spend buying fans and cooling systems for your computers:)

Alex

Thinking of moving to Dubai

I'm in Dubai at the moment, so if anyone would like to explore any opportunities pm.

Hello,

I am currently living in US and thinking about moving to Dubai. Your post was interesting and if you can share your experiences on the move to Dubai, it would be greatly appreciated. I am curious about cost of living, quality of lifestyle, is it easy to make new friends,etc.etc.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am currently living in US and thinking about moving to Dubai. Your post was interesting and if you can share your experiences on the move to Dubai, it would be greatly appreciated. I am curious about cost of living, quality of lifestyle, is it easy to make new friends,etc.etc.

Thanks.

having lived there for 9 years, i feel a little qualified in saying "don't bother"
It's not the place it was a decade ago, now it's too expensive, too big, too much traffic, too much bull****. It's like being in London or New York but with 54 degrees of heat. Unpleasant. A thoroughly unpleasant place to be.

Can graduates get jobs in DUbai?

I lived there for 3 years cos my dad worked there..and i can say while the lifestyle is modern, clean and dynamic is starts to get crap. Its always too hot, no one speaks english apart from tourists and geting from A to B takes longer than london rush hour traffic. Pollution is horific and house prices are through the roof. Opportunities for foreigners are scarce as there are alot of laws which require firms to favour arabs first.

Dubai PTG

If i trade in Dubai for say two years, can i get my money back in this country to spend without being raped by the IR?

I dunno were i saw it, maybe on here. But i think it said that PTG is really crap.
Correct me if im wrong! =)

Well, im head of trading at DPTG. No we are not "really crap" and id like to know what that is based on. We have a number of very experienced and successful traders here. Please explain yourself.

Can graduates get jobs in DUbai?

I lived there for 3 years cos my dad worked there..and i can say while the lifestyle is modern, clean and dynamic is starts to get crap. Its always too hot, no one speaks english apart from tourists and geting from A to B takes longer than london rush hour traffic. Pollution is horific and house prices are through the roof. Opportunities for foreigners are scarce as there are alot of laws which require firms to favour arabs first.

Everyone speaks English in Dubai it is the first language of the Emirate! Traffic cannot be compared with that of London, guaranteed there is traffic but is that not the sign of a rapidly developing city or developed city ie: london, New York?
Besides if you were trading international markets your working day would be 12pm-9pm anyway so you would miss the rush-hour!
There is enormous opportunity in Dubai as they wish to develop the emirate on the model of Europe and the States so Ex-pats are more than welcomed into businesses, of course some firms put the emirati's first, would you not expect the same in your country!
Everyone has a different opinion of countries that they live. I personally love Dubai and believe that it offers more opportunity than most places at present including 0% tax!