Trading: Art or Science?

these days its science, but there's probably an element of creativity in there somewhere.

Science.

Unless you define any of the below as Art.

Economies, Resources, Energy, Logistics, Technology, People, Property, History, Logic, Psychology, Politics, Law, Geography, Probabilities.

Science.

Economies, Resources, Energy, Logistics, Technology, People, Property, History, Logic, Psychology, Politics, Law, Geography, Probabilities.

youre an elegant gent and an eloquently spoken nut-job

glad youre still posting, tho

:cheesy:

Science.

and luck

All wrapped up and graded in ......MONEY

Last edited:
It is a balance of both Art and Science, where (Art + Science) = 100.

All trading patterns have detailed rules about entries and exits, etc.
But, the reality seems to be that profit is about getting in as the patterns form, unfold.
By the time the pattern completes, the optimal entry has been missed.

So, the Science of Head and Shoulders, is recognising the Shoulder and Head, but the Art is judging the forming of the Shoulder to enter.

Breakouts are the Science. But, judging the validity, or judging how to assess the power and confirmation or rejection of the move is the Art.

Why must it be either/or? I want it all. Its Science AND Art.

People want it to be an exact science because they want to blindly follow a formula and make money. It saves on the work, and makes them rich in a jiffy.

It is a balance of both Art and Science, where (Art + Science) = 100.

All trading patterns have detailed rules about entries and exits, etc.
But, the reality seems to be that profit is about getting in as the patterns form, unfold.
By the time the pattern completes, the optimal entry has been missed.

So, the Science of Head and Shoulders, is recognising the Shoulder and Head, but the Art is judging the forming of the Shoulder to enter.

Breakouts are the Science. But, judging the validity, or judging how to assess the power and confirmation or rejection of the move is the Art.

Your post make sense to me because it made me think:

Is there Art involved in the knowledge or application of Science?

Your post make sense to me because it made me think:

Is there Art involved in the knowledge or application of Science?

Forex trading is more of an art in the sense that their is no specific scientifically verified methods to get the Profits for a trader.

It all depends on his own skills and when implemented into the Live markets.