Which is the non trading book.....?

The Game, by Neil Strauss.

The subject may be different, but replace "women" with "market", and it's really all the same.

So you have the equivalent of a few crap card tricks in your repertoie of trading skills.

seriously - read any biography about true Winners

you will understand :-

1) The sacrifices it takes to win
2) The amount of time it takes for Winners to finally win
3) the carnage it leaves in their wake .....and the price they ultimately pay
4) was it worth it ......

then remember this cost of winning if you are serious about becoming a really successful Trader

N

Which is the "non trading book" in your view that will help a person in his development as a trader? And why?

Articulate as much as you wish.......

Everyone should read The Leopard (or Il Gattorpardo). It will help in their development as a human being, and is one of the most beautiful things ever created.

In terms of trading, pretty much anything by Shakespeare or Theodore Dalrymple should be good.

Everyone should read The Leopard (or Il Gattorpardo). It will help in their development as a human being, and is one of the most beautiful things ever created.

In terms of trading, pretty much anything by Shakespeare or Theodore Dalrymple should be good.

Leopard

Are you descendent from Sicilians?

Leopard

Are you descendent from Sicilians?

Don't think so. I was abandoned as a baby in an alley round the back of a Columbian whorehouse, and taken in by the Madam, who was very kind. Mind you, I had to earn my keep - she had me playing the piano from the age of 5.

Things have sure gone downhill since then - most whorehouses don't even have pianos these days. And on top of that, now you don't have to wear a tie to get into the Rivoli Bar.

F***ing world. The Apocalypse can't come soon enough if you ask me.

LOL, Not if you know how to dance with her.
Dancing i can do :). Mjive / blues. Not a fan of salsa / bachata, WCSwingers are too full of themselves but!!.. kizomba!. Nice music, nice vibe and plenty o hips! :D
kizomba- Não me toca by Anselmo Ralph - YouTube
Ooo la la!
Albir & Sara, Toulouse (France), 08 Jan 2012 #4 - YouTube

Another way women are like markets.
You can be perfectly happy with your position. :D Then wham! Youre on the wrong side for no logical reason! :|

At least in the market you can fix your loss with a bit of logical button pressing!:LOL:

Don't think so. I was abandoned as a baby in an alley round the back of a Columbian whorehouse, and taken in by the Madam, who was very kind. Mind you, I had to earn my keep - she had me playing the piano from the age of 5.

Things have sure gone downhill since then - most whorehouses don't even have pianos these days. And on top of that, now you don't have to wear a tie to get into the Rivoli Bar.

F***ing world. The Apocalypse can't come soon enough if you ask me.

Ok.

The Art of War, Sun Tzu.
Trading is not a war but the art of war is winning without fighting. The book is about how to be ready to win and how to avoid fighting when you will lose. I know it's a cliche from Wall Street and The Sopranos, but it still has valid analogies to trading on every page.

so Women are like the Markets ? :eek:

Lol, no. Unless you imply "hard to divine". I could see the parallels in that case. :innocent:

It's the process. The process of trying to figure something out, trying to find guys who know what they're doing, and then trying to formulate a way to do it on your own.

You could really apply the subject to anything, but the process is always the same.

I was told this is a very good general knowledge book. Never read it though. Is it worth it?

It's about improving your golf performance but it is one of those books where you can apply what it says to anything that is a performance discipline. Hence the fit with trading is good.

The Art of War, Sun Tzu.
Trading is not a war but the art of war is winning without fighting. The book is about how to be ready to win and how to avoid fighting when you will lose. I know it's a cliche from Wall Street and The Sopranos, but it still has valid analogies to trading on every page.

Good choice, never finished it though. Got boring at around the 9th poem.

It's about improving your golf performance but it is one of those books where you can apply what it says to anything that is a performance discipline. Hence the fit with trading is good.

I didn't really mean if it was good from a trading perspective, more if it was a good book in general. I am looking to start reading more again and don't know where to start. One can never go wrong with the classics, but I am open to any book worth a read.

Anyway I had no idea at the time that I read it, but I would say that in hindsight the best non-trading book in this category would be "Phil Gordon's Little Green Book"

It is nothing more than a journal of how he plays poker

Plus the I Ching of course, but though it has front and rear covers, it's just not a book you can read from end to end, it's more a discipline, a form of mental t'ai chi.