Which is the non trading book.....?

Seriously, is there any other discipline you can think of where you read a book in a completely unrelated field deliberately and solely in order to divine the ‘mysteries’ of that of your primary interest?

I used to look at the ladies underwear section of the Grattans catalogue for non-shopping purposes. Does that count?

Perv.

They're all over 40....

edit: ...is what I have been told by others as I've never heard of the company you mention or their thick catalogue

Last edited:
For those who are not familiar with Rob's setup, please find a detailed intr0duction:

Attachments

• here we go.jpg
    here we go.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 481
Oranges are not the only fruit. Taught me everything I needed to know about softs and how one person's marketable commodity can be used to pump someone else’s insatiable demand.

Well. It did not take long to find out why we all want to be great traders.

Attachments

• 1freud.png
    1freud.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 336
Where did NT's flagpole gag go? It was genius.

Incidentally, the answer is 'It has never stopped me before'

Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.

“Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else. Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.”

“When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.”

“. . . gentleness is stronger than severity, water is stronger than rock, love is stronger than force.”

Last edited:
“. . . gentleness is stronger than severity, water is stronger than rock, love is stronger than force.”

The natural order of things is more balanced than that. Gentleness is stronger than severity, depending on context. Severity is stronger than gentleness, depending on context. Water is stronger than rock, depending on context. Rock is stronger than water, depending on context. Love is stronger than force, depending on context. Force is stronger than love, depending on context.

Wisdom is never wise if it is not all encompassing.

The natural order of things is more balanced than that. Gentleness is stronger than severity, depending on context. Severity is stronger than gentleness, depending on context. Water is stronger than rock, depending on context. Rock is stronger than water, depending on context. Love is stronger than force, depending on context. Force is stronger than love, depending on context.

Wisdom is never wise if it is not all encompassing.

I think is all taken out of context but thanks for you input Joe.