Tradergames: 50% poker / 50% trading

Hi sun,

That was my problem...I was trying to trade 49mil on eur/usd! Thanks for the info.

Roberk

I see you have not traded much recently on tradergames.is there a reason for this. Also to frank have you played for real yet.

To all members have anyone had a look at the site and what they think of it.

sun

Hi Sun
Been trading the Nasdaq stocks this week, felt like a change. Be back soon.

sun123 said:
Also to frank have you played for real yet.

Not yet sun. I am going on vacation for couple weeks, and be back at the end of March, then plan to get ready and play the real game. Cheers.

Dear c6ackp,

I'm pleased to bring you news of an exciting new addition to Trader Games. Tomorrow morning, Thursday March 24th, we launch a new FX game- the FX Sprint Game.

As the name implies, this game is fast and furious. It differs from the existing "Classic" game. Each Sprint Game is short, and has a target P&L set and published in advance. The first player to reach the target P&L wins the game and scoops the prize. The target P&L will vary depending on the time of day and the day of the week.

For example, the "Monday, 10am, £50 entry fee, 4 player Sprint Game, $10K Target" could run for a maximum of 30 mins, but will end as soon as a player achieves the $10K P&L target.

You can choose to join the game or games where you think you will have most success. If nobody has achieved the target P&L at the end of 30 minutes, your entry fee will be refunded in full. A game could be won in 7 minutes or 15 minutes- there is no time to hang around!

The usual rules for trading apply- you can trade as often as you wish in the currency pairs of your choice, as long as your net US$ exposure is within $50m and you stay clear of the $250K stop loss.

So for those times when you haven't a lot of time to spare, or when you have a strong inkling about the next market move, come and try the FX Sprint Game. It's guaranteed to provide the adrenalin rush!

All Sprint Games will be listed in the Forex games "Scheduled" list, but are easy to spot - look for the Target icon. For the first few weeks, Sprint Games will be offered about every 45 minutes.

Best Regards and good luck!

Hugh

There's a new type of game now - it's called a "Sprint" where 4/6/8 players play for 30 minutes. The winner is the first player whose P/L reaches the game target, e.g. $12,000. The game ends as soon as the target is reached, so it can be a lot shorter than the regular 2 hour games.

I got lucky and won my first Sprint:

1 c6ackp $18,200
2 stevebrwn $5,646
3 gomezz $4,592
4 david_cair $(6,736)
5 supersize $(21,824)
6 scalper $(42,000)

£114 for 2 minutes work :)

Good fun!

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:
Futures on tradergames.com

Dear c6ackp,

Now you can trade the World's major Equity Indices at Trader Games

I'm delighted to tell you that, starting today, Thursday 14th April, we are offering an exciting new range of real-time trading games based on the movements in the world's major Equity Indices:

FTSE 100
Dow Jones
Dax
S&P
Nasdaq
SMI
Now you can enjoy all the benefits of our unique game environment, competing against other players, trading freely in and out across all these indices, taking single or multiple positions within an overall $50m exposure limit. Games will kick off from 10am to 7:30 pm.

Real-time prices are based on movements in the nearest quarterly Futures contracts for each Index (currently June 05).

For the first couple of weeks, games will be offered in Classic format only, i.e. a fixed duration game where the highest P&L wins. You will be free to "Queue-and-Go" (games typically 2 hours long), join any scheduled games (30 minutes to 7 days), or you can create your own Private Games to enjoy with any number of colleagues or friends. Games are offered with entry fees starting at £20, as well as £50, £100 and £250 contests.

Sprint games will then be introduced, where the winner is the first person to achieve a pre-defined P&L target.

The usual rules for trading apply - you can trade as often as you wish in the indices of your choice, as long as your overall US$ exposure does not exceed $50m and you stay clear of the $250K stop loss.

Come and visit us at www.tradergames.com

Best Regards and good luck!
Hugh

Good fun :D

Please help!

Hi mate hope you are having a cracking weekend!

I really would like to get in to a money brokers or trading firm as a trainee/junior.

Have you got any idea how I would go about this?

I know it isn't really relevant but after reading your notes I feel you might be able to help

Any contacts/numbers etc would really help me

Thanks so much if you can help mate !!

Rod

Rod - You could try one of the trading arcades (try Google or search T2W) - they offer training and facilities to get you started.

Happy Trading - Steve