Tottenham Riots

No, I am taking about the cheapest asda petrol being at £1.33 a litre and rising. I guess they are making you pay for the wars and you don't know it.

What? There's a war on? Did the Argies invade The Falklands again?

The double murder gets excited telling me about the details you can tell he gets off on it. He is a true psychopath kicking off in pubs at anything.

Yep I know a volatile psychopath too, he's never killed anyone but I s*** myself whenever I'm out with him and he starts.

Psychopaths are a fascinating species though.

Well you should have told billionaire hedge fund owner Raj Rajaratnam about that because it seems he has been convicted and is awaiting sentence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raj_Rajaratnam

I think the Galleon case is far from closed, supposedly Rajaratnam's only involvement in insider trading involved a few technology companies & GS courtesy of Rajat Gupta; he avoided losses to the tune of $40mn and made profits of $20mn. That isn't a lot of money to someone who had $7 billion under management and a personal net worth of $1.3 to $1.8 billion. He is facing up to 20 years in prison, why would he be involved in such petty matters at such tremendous risk to himself?

Either Galleon was built entirely on insider information, or Rajaratnam is less intelligent than you would think.

As for insider trading cases, why don't they just forfeit 3 times whatever they made OR go to prison? He is now an expense of the US gov't, wouldn't it have been better to fine him $200 million and ban him from trading for 10 years or something.

Just had an idea - apparently hiring quangos to manage their political spin again.

So a little like hackers - or really good bankers at frauding the system - why they don't just give all 500 of these poor little ol lovable hoodies, jobs at White Hall on advising the government on riot control. :idea:

I'm sure we'll be needing a lot more of it.

Brilliant stroke of genious what not??? ho ho ho... :cheesy:

Last edited:
Just had an idea - apparently hiring quangos to manage their political spin again.

So a little like hackers - or really good bankers at frauding the system - why they don't just give all 500 of these poor little ol lovable hoodies government at White Hall on advising the government on riot control. :idea:

I'm sure we'll be needing a lot more of it.

Brillian stroke of genious what not??? ho ho ho... :cheesy:

Labour got voted out, otherwise you'd be in luck.

wouldn't it have been better to fine him $200 million and ban him from trading for 10 years or something.

No, the big fishes would never permit it. Although they are safe, they'd still like a hedge against accidentally treading on someone's toe.

When I saw those scums of the earth looting on TV, my blood was boiling! As if the current econmic climate is not difficult enough, they have to add insult to injury to people working their hardest to hopefully survive this difficult time.

I am really surprised to see that the police are so light-handed in dealing with these scums. In my parents' time, everything they buy/use they earn to pay for, there was no welfare, no help, nothing, and they work their very hardest to provide for their children and help out each other, friends and relatives. They never take things for granted, and are very appreciative of people's kindness and help.

However, people nowadays seems to take things for granted. Council houses, social benefits....etc. , all these seems to be their birthright, what happens to people's aspirations, what happens to their ambition to be independent hunman beings, contributing to the society instead of sucking the state dry!

These scums should be punished severely to serve as an example for the rest of losers to make sure they don't follow. :(

I'm surprised nobody's started a thread on this.

I saw this comment from Inspector Lightyear on the Inspector Gadget blog - struck me as a pretty honest and sensible view, and the highlighted bit at the end made me chuckle.

PC Lightyear

That twitter claim is bollox Jules.

Trust me – 95% of the working people in Tottenham get on well with the police.

It’s the leeching, parasitic gangs, the groups that mug people and stab each other that were doing this.

These people are the huge amount of non working scum who think the police shouldnt enforce the law with them.

Theyre stupid ***** who think we’re in America, claim that we’re all “Raysis innit”

Just look at the footage – theyre laughing, theyre enjoying it!

It was just an excuse for the gangs to riot, there is no need for “Justice” as Im sure it’ll come out that Mark Duggan fired first and brought on his own demise.
He was a Gangsta and had an illegal firearm – if he hadnt used it, he’d be alive and in custody.

Watch the footage – we’re not allowed to state the obvious, but the people rioting last night, were the same people who stab each other, call each other ‘Souljas’ and throw gang hand signals at each other.

The main community in Tottenham need to look at themselves, not the Police for this….. but that won’t happen because we’ll just get weak drippy talking heads outside Scotland Yard saying things like ‘Vibrant’ ‘Diverse’ ….. when what they mean is ‘absolute sh1thole’

Last night was a close run thing.

There was a twitter user called missgucci13 trying to incite a riot in Southampton. Unfortunately for her she has posted a picture of herself on twitpics.

Miss Gucci - more poor disaffected youth.

Probably wanted a new handbag.

I must have led a sheltered life (so far) because I don't know and never have known any murderers, rapists, drug dealers etc...well not knowingly anyway. Lol I will try and get out more.

LOL.

I know someone that did 12 of an 18 year stretch for armed robbery. Although the reality is a little boring.

I was in the Sports Bar in Cannock (for JTheTrader) a few years back on a trip back home and there was a new face amongst the lads. I didn't recognise the guy but I recognised the prison tatts.

He came up and struck up a conversation with me. Thankfully he was a lovely bloke, gentle giant type. He'd gotten himself addicted to Heroin in his youth and he found himself withdrawn and cashless. He went round to his friends shop (oppoosite Cannock Police Station) with a baseball bat and demanded the contents of the till. His friend was a bit miffed at this and told the police.

No-one was hurt, probably there was zero chance he'd have hurt someone. 18 years was a tad harsh, they but round there, they don't get many armed robberies. If he'd done it in Birmingham, they'd have probably given him a few years.

Funny the scraped people get themselves into.

I can't comment - I left 14 or so years ago... :-0

Talking of staying here - what are all these 'hate the rich' lefties doing on a trading forum?

Shouldn't they be out distributing their wealth?

Yeah it sure is a puzzler. Some time ago I heard that comrade atilla :D was going to be purchasing a second home. Now why would he need a second home i wonder !

Yeah it sure is a puzzler. Some time ago I heard that comrade atilla :D was going to be purchasing a second home. Now why would he need a second home i wonder !

Cos it's me pension init... You think I'm going to trust my future in the hands of the biggest muggers and fraudsters in town... Freaking Mr big G and financial management thugs.

You gotta be kidding me.

Inflation is built into policy and the system. Gold and property is a good start for diversification of portfolio. Tangible stuff you can touch and feel. Should keep me warm in me old age... ;)

One one can receive greater rental income than a pension.
You are in total control of your property and finances.
After you die you don't lose your asset but pass it on to your children.

Target is to have three. Possibly four if trading hots up?

It's a no brainer. Got it? :p

Cos it's me pension init... You think I'm going to trust my future in the hands of the biggest muggers and fraudsters in town... Freaking Mr big G and financial management thugs.

You gotta be kidding me.

Inflation is built into policy and the system. Gold and property is a good start for diversification of portfolio. Tangible stuff you can touch and feel. Should keep me warm in me old age... ;)

No it's just as i expected. A fully paid up member of the capitalist system where greed is good and inequality exists in order that the system functions as it should.

Just remember this...anyone purchasing second, third homes is at the same time dispossessing others.

Last edited:

You gotta be kidding me.

So you are happy to play your part in the increasing demand for property thus helping to push property prices out of the reach of the working man?

This is the same working man that will be renting the house off you. Too poor to pay a mortgage because of the greed or people like yourself so forced to pi$$ money away on rent to people richer than himself, with no gains for his hard work.

Comrade Atilla - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Is it the rich you hate? Or just those richer than yourself? Rhetorical question. No need to answer.

How do second homes disposses anyone exactly? The whole purpose of most of them is to rent them out. If you aren't renting it then you aren't making money, if you aren't making money then you aren't paying off the mortgage on the property.

Renting allows people who are too poor/who have a crappy credit history to have a roof over their heads and yes, naturally, they pay a premium in the sense that they don't have any cumulative benefits from their monthly payments in the way someone with a mortgage does (i.e. you get to own the property in the end).

Renting out properties is no joke, bad tenants are *****.

"Buy land, 'cause God ain't makin' any more of it." Will Rogers (I heard it on The Sopranos though :D)

He was a little fish in his own way. Nobody ever heard of him until they decided to make him a fallguy. The big fishes are never caught, and this is how you make real money, from knowing stuff in advance.

Rajaratnam was a victim of his own..lack of foresight? He could have had any of the lackeys you'll find at a multi-billion dollar fund doing his dirty work, why exactly he allowed himself to be on the phone talking about prospective takeovers is beyond me.

I don't think anything would have saved him by the time he was arrested (about 20 of his cohorts plead guilty and were ready to talk), he was just hoping a jury would acquit him because he's Asian (apparently there wasn't a single non-ethnic person on the jury). Someone should have told him that jury nullification doesn't go on in insider trading cases, you need the sympathy of your peers, hedge fund managers really don't have it.

How do second homes disposses anyone exactly? The whole purpose of most of them is to rent them out. If you aren't renting it then you aren't making money, if you aren't making money then you aren't paying off the mortgage on the property.

Renting allows people who are too poor/who have a crappy credit history to have a roof over their heads and yes, naturally, they pay a premium in the sense that they don't have any cumulative benefits from their monthly payments in the way someone with a mortgage does (i.e. you get to own the property in the end).

Renting out properties is no joke, bad tenants are *****.

"Buy land, 'cause God ain't makin' any more of it." Will Rogers (I heard it on The Sopranos though :D)

People that are too poor to buy houses are too poor because house prices are too high.

This in turn is caused by increased demand.

This increased demand is made worse by people like Atilla.

I'm not saying it's wrong - just that Atilla is quite the Commie on here. As such, it would be interesting how he justifies this as opposed to just redistributing his additional wealth to the poor.