• S&P_500_(b).png
    S&P_500_(b).png
    50.4 KB · Views: 138
One hour later

Attachments

• S&P_500_(c).png
    S&P_500_(c).png
    57.8 KB · Views: 125
Good to get a different perspective from a fellow trader.

May your trades be blessed.

Thankyou, you too. From what i can gather, it's not so much about who's right and who's wrong, but the difference in thought process.

But hey, that's wot makes T2W such a joy to be part of.

skip to the present

Not down at all !!

A bit like my trading

So where am I going wrong so often ?

I welcome replies

Attachments

• S&P_500_(f).png
    S&P_500_(f).png
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
skip to the present

Not down at all !!

A bit like my trading

So where am I going wrong so often ?

I welcome replies

You don't have to trade. If things are going wrong then stop. If you start getting fidgety and feel compelled to trade then you know you have a problem which will not allow u to ever be profitable.

For me the only significance of Time Frame is in the way that it measures the degree of boredom that I experience when trading.

The higher the time frame the more excruciating is the degree of boredom experienced during trading.

As I am a person of very limited patience I therefore trade on time frames of 5 minutes and below.

Maybe this helps:
multitimeframesimplicity.gif

For me, there's 2 trades short there, I've only arrowed the second. T1 should have been liquidated before the seond entry. Why? Both should now be liquidated. Why?

Not sure what you're asking Pat or what you're showing us.

hi Bramble

I am showing snapshots of today's S&P 500 - first 1 at 9.43am BST
This should mean the S&P will fall imho ( but it didn't) because of the trendlines as drawn on 3 minute chart and 10 minute chart.

I often get to this stage where trendlines show it's going south for instance on 3 min and 10 min but it ignores the rules and I get stopped out !!

It's happening again today

Attachments

• S&P_500_(g).png
    S&P_500_(g).png
    47 KB · Views: 136
hi Bramble

I am showing snapshots of today's S&P 500 - first 1 at 9.43am BST
This should mean the S&P will fall imho ( but it didn't) because of the trendlines as drawn on 3 minute chart and 10 minute chart.

I often get to this stage where trendlines show it's going south for instance on 3 min and 10 min but it ignores the rules and I get stopped out !!

Pat - what is the primary timeframe you trade off on es?

or do you trade more than one timeframe on es?

Last edited:
It seems to me that the longer the TF then the bigger the stop needed

Hi Rob

I seem to have tried every one from 4 hrs to 1 minute

how about you ?

I've been settled now for about a year on 2 timeframes:

1) I use 5M to take some very quick trades around 2 key levels (yesterday's RTH High and Low). The 5M is used to time my entries and exits, entering on momentum and exiting on weakness.

2) I use the hourly for longer trades which typically hold overnight spanning 2 trading sessions (occassionally 3). I time entry off the 5M and these are usually pro-trend on the hourly. Note - I am trading off the hourly but using 5M to time entry and exit.

For both of the above, I know from the daily which way things are swinging and derive whether I'm trading pro or counter trend using this as a frame of reference for both of the above.

The timeframe you use for entry may not necessarily be the timeframe you are trading. It took me about a year to figure this out but once I did, I was on the home stretch.

i said it b4 ill say it again

length of trade is dependent on what your trade is because of!

dammit!