Timeframe Question

Surely momentum implies immediacy...I am not sure I would wait 2 days to enter something that currently has momentum..even on a daily trigger ?

Your trading edge (howsoever you define it) has either developed or it has not, - if it has you should enter the market on what ever trigger you use for entry, if it has not(and this may include the fact that it nearly has but you are awaiting a trigger for entry,) then you are unwise to enter the market.

Continuing with the example you give of a daily chart with momentum, I would either;

a. Wait for a pullback timed on the 4hr (possible 1hr chart) -or-
b. Enter on the close of a daily momentum thrust canndle if it has broken out of something .

G/L

Another thing i needed to ask... lets just say that on the 1 day chart you see a good entry with momentum etc, but its not going to be perfect to enter until another 2 days... how the hell does this work and often be correct? I mean surely someone could come 10 minutes after you see it and buy or sell £1 Billion worth, which would totally mess up any current good looking set up?

Cheers bbmac, i was just confused how certain systems can work on 5m and also 1d or more