Tibra Trading Europe - About

hi,

wondering how many questions in the logical test roughly? do you think the logical reasoning skill can be improved in the short run? i.e. what you could have done differently looking back.

Many thanks.

Basic maths, you just need to be fast.

Logic test is a pain in the butt, I remember something about rearranging matchsticks.

Well I didn't prepare at all because I didn't know what to expect - it was my first ever assessment; once you get the gist of how they want you to understand the logic questions they are quite easy.

If you want to prepare there are quite a few psychometric testing books written aimed at finance interviews, off the top of my head I remember one called Heard on the Street by Falcon, also google for brainteasers etc. Preparation is key - trying to figure something out for the first time under a heavy time constraint at the assessment centre is not a good idea.

RE impriving your logic, I don't know - I think you either have it r you don't. The reason for a bit of practice is that once you see how they want you to approach the problem they are much easier to figure out.

chocolate13
Thanks a lot for your reply. Regarding the test, do you remember what are the questions like, i.e. with graphs, charts. Any questions related to geometry.
you mentioned "how they want you to approach the problem", could you provide some examples?

The math is basic, in the form of word problems; quite similar to the numerical tests the big IBs use from shl - SHL psychometrics and aptitude tests improve people performance has some practice tests.

As for the logic there were a variety of brainteasers, e.g. rearranging matches to change a shape as well as riddles. This is not from the Tibra exam but is similar to some of what they asked:

Your sock drawer contains 8 red socks and 11 blue socks that are otherwise identical. The light is broken and you must choose your socks in the dark - what is the minimum number of socks you need to take into your well-lit living room to guarantee that you have at least one matching pair?

8 pairs or 8 individual socks?

if individual then 3. Actually either way would be three i think.

P.S tibra test isnt actually that difficult but more of a time constraint, particularly on the math side. lots of long winded problems without a calc can be taxing if you havent practised sufficiently.

The math is basic, in the form of word problems; quite similar to the numerical tests the big IBs use from shl - SHL psychometrics and aptitude tests improve people performance has some practice tests.

As for the logic there were a variety of brainteasers, e.g. rearranging matches to change a shape as well as riddles. This is not from the Tibra exam but is similar to some of what they asked:

Your sock drawer contains 8 red socks and 11 blue socks that are otherwise identical. The light is broken and you must choose your socks in the dark - what is the minimum number of socks you need to take into your well-lit living room to guarantee that you have at least one matching pair?

Hi thanks a lot for your info..
I just want to make sure one thing.
you said the logical test was a variety of brainteasers.... I wonder whether there was any question about finding the next graph given three or four graphs following a similar pattern?

I thought this a typical question in the logic test and i am particular bad at observing the graphs... that's why i am asking.
many thanks indeed.

I don't remember any graphs, but I do remember questions on sequences like you would get in an IQ test, i.e. there is a box with a white triangle, square and circle in it; the next box has them in a different order and one is black; 3rd has them in a different order and a different one is black; you have to figure out the 4th one. There were a few of this type.

there are matchstick problems involving changing the number of squares and so on.

other problems involving dots - one where you need to draw 4 lines i think through 9 dots - the key here is to think outside the box, literally.

another one is reversing the following 'triangle' by moving 3 of the @s, ignore the lines as i had to use them to maintain the shape.

@ @ @ @
_@ @ @
__@ @
___@

there is something about a man rowing his boat upstream and how he rows 5 miles up during the day but losing 4 miles during the night. you need to figure how how many days it takes him to get to his destination 20 miles away.

there are matchstick problems involving changing the number of squares and so on.

other problems involving dots - one where you need to draw 4 lines i think through 9 dots - the key here is to think outside the box, literally.

another one is reversing the following 'triangle' by moving 3 of the @s, ignore the lines as i had to use them to maintain the shape.

@ @ @ @
_@ @ @
__@ @
___@

there is something about a man rowing his boat upstream and how he rows 5 miles up during the day but losing 4 miles during the night. you need to figure how how many days it takes him to get to his destination 20 miles away.

hi..thanks for posting the questions...what is the answer to the triangle..i could reverse the triangleby moving 4@s but not 3...could u pls tell me how to do it... and the answer for the second question is 20 days... is that right???cheers

Tibra Test

Completed the tests for the firm. They included a numerical test and an IQ/logic test. They last for around 1 and a half hours! I do not expect anyone will complete the tests in the required time frame. However in order to be successful I suggest people practice their mental arithmetic with larger numbers and also dwell into Mensa textbooks. E.g. I buy X number of shares at this price and sell x number at another price but slightly more complicated.

IS IT PSYCHOMETRIC TEST, WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT IQ/LOGIC TEST?
ABOUT MENSA TEXTBOOKS, ANYONE OF THEM COULD BE GOOD TO PREPARE THE TEST?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER.

the answer is 16 days. after 15 days he will have travelled 15 miles and hence on the last day (#16) he travels another 5 miles to complete the journey.

The way I see it at the end of the first day he'll have gone 1 mile, so at the end of the 15th he'll get out the boat when he hits 20 instead of going to bed ad drifting 4 miles back.

how exactly is he going to hit 20 miles at the end of the 15th? after 15 days and nights he will have travelled 15 miles (+1 per day and night). hence on the 16th day he will travel another 5 and get to the destination and then just get off the boat making the total journey 16 days and 15 nights.

Have been invited in for numeracy/logic test on June 2nd. My only concern is the fact I'm not a graduate and hope this will not prevent me from fulfilling their requirements. What's the company's general ethos regarding this matter?