Wolverine Trading

yugoman

Can anybody tell me anything about this firm? Saw on their website that a Graduate Trainee has 18 months of training to go through so seems like they don't mess around. If I wanted to do trading and got offered a position there or a mid-office job at an IB which one has more chance of getting me into IB trading later? Basically are they reputable enough that I can move around later?

Thanks

I had an interview there a while back...they are pretty big market makers in equity index oprtions. But the operation in London is only small. Basically they told me that you would be inputting trades on spread sheets for 18 months- 2 years while you learn the products and how they trade. Its a typical high volume, small size market maker set up.

1.5-2 years of data entry? Plus all the espresso you can drink, I should imagine?

I did data entry for 2 weeks at a well-established IB and fell asleep most days. :D

oh and in response to the second part of your question..you probably have more chance of getting into trading at Wolverine as they take you on with the view that you will be trading once you learn the products and the system they trade. At an IB once you are in middle office its very hard to get out....trust me as I was there! But trading at wolverine will be very different to trading at a bank. Wolverine only make markets in equity index options...and take on very little risk as they make their money on the spread, at an IB you would prob have more exposure to different products and be able to take more risk on.

Wolve

I believe the chicago office makes markets in more than just equity options. Anyone have any feedback on their internship offered?

Do you know if they have many positions available in London? How does the application work...as in do you apply to a general pool and they select which location you will work in?

Like someone said earlier they make their money on their spread and dont run much risk (at least compared to the investment banks)...they trade most equity and fixed income linked derivs in the US and have extensive coverage of all equity option markets in Europe..all their systems are built in house, alot of stuff like delta hedging and changing of vol surfaces (reactive to trades) are automated so each trader (in equity options at least) can cover about 100 stocks. They have their own 'system' and approach to trading which is a little different to most houses out there. Its a very reputable firm (better known in US than Europe)...I would say its a good place to get your grounding and learn how option markets work

Has anybody had a telephone interview with Wolverine Trading, if so what kind of questions do they ask? Also, does anyone know where their London offices are based?