The "no indicators" strategy?

aye Pad, well I've always suspected McGuiness of still being in the 'RA but apparently we can't be right all the time,

ya wee fenian pryck ye

:oops: sorry hawkmoon, I was well out of order with this, but a look at the time of posting (2:44am local time) might give a hint of the state I was in :drunk:

and I was particularly wound up after having a fight with 3 scrawny taxi driver bassas :medieval:
(not my fault I hasten to add, I had stepped in to save a lady from hassle)

unfortunately you were in the firing line whenever I got home ..........

First, if you check out the M2 system post here on the strategies and systems board you will see that I go into quite a bit more detail.

As for getting news late ... forex is 24 hours a day, I don't understand how what you said can be the case.

As for important news releases ... that depends on the currency pair.

Non farm payrolls is a BIG one for the US.

By "late" news I was talking about company news. Frequently, I have found that it is released at bad times, so that they open with a gap.

Anyway, that was just a comment, it's something that I have taken on board as a fact of life.

Okay, here you go. I'll spare the details on what it is since clearly you know.

The forecast is for a very narrow expansion of "business conditions".

Generally, the actual has to exceed (or miss) the forecast by some amount to drive the market. This time however, with the last several US releases missing their forecasts, we saw quite a bit of risk aversion trading.

If the actual numbers miss, more likely than not, we'll see risk aversion increase yet again and EURUSD move down.

If the actual numbers hit the forecast, or exceed, more likely than not, we'll see an increase in risk appetite and EURUSD move up.

HOWEVER, what I just said is based on the risk appeitite/aversion moves we've seen lately.

It is slightly less possible that we'll see some "normalcy" in the market after so much risk aversion during US trading lately. That would mean the actual missing forecast would push EURUSD up and the numbers beating forecast would push EURUSD down.

However, my own personal bet right now is for risk appetite/aversion to end up ruling the day.

I wouldn't trade on that until I saw what was going on in the hour leading up to the release.

Any idea what will happen if ISM comes in weaker than expected say around 47.5 and pending home sales figures are higher than expected say +3%?

Any idea what will happen if ISM comes in weaker than expected say around 47.5 and pending home sales figures are higher than expected say +3%?

:LOL: What happened this morning wasn't far off from that. Take a look and see what happened.

ISM came in weak, but not that weak. And the pendings came in VERY strong.

:LOL: What happened this morning wasn't far off from that. Take a look and see what happened.

ISM came in weak, but not that weak. And the pendings came in VERY strong.

As I expected. ISM correlation with Chicago PMI. Pending home sales boosted by govt stimulus.
This morning German retail sales came in well below expectations. The euro weakened sharply 15 minutes before official announcement!!!

pipnit you sound just lke a well known scammer who has scammed dozens upon dozens of people, the guy was called Danny Wall, and had a website called four squared.

He started out at babypips with some crap system he called the dasiy chain witha free trading room where he said there were no strings attached. Then he cam out with an advanced trading room where he supposedly taught you to make more pips for urmmmm a modest monthly fee of $200

A few weeks later came his mentoring programe for over $1000 for a few months to be taught how to trade just like the professionals do

A week later we were sent special discounts to his upcoming seminar ............ special time limited discounts for his students.

He scammed a whole lotta noobs over at BP just ask around.

Now the reason I say you sound just like him ..........

1)He started out with the free trading room which later turned out to be a ploy to hook newbies to his more advanced room were he taught them how to double the number of pips

2)He wrote a crap a-s-s trading report .... you may so so waht lots a people write their own ebooks and reports and 99% of them are crap BUT this guy specifically mentioned "I've used adult language so if ur offended easily do not read it"

3)Last I heard he was viciously trying to sell some news trading system to the newbies at BP before he was finally banned and I'm told reported to the police for scamming noobs out of thousands of dollars

All sounds mighty familiar now does'nt it pipnit or is it Danny?

I apologise if i'm wrong but I don't think I am i hafta agree with shadowninja and the other senior members in here if its you Danny you're at your dirty tricks again.

no - it's the same guy - I signed up when he started to see what was going on - hence my post abt 4squared

no - it's the same guy - I signed up when he started to see what was going on - hence my post abt 4squared

Pedro I had'nt read ur post somehow missed it, I think you've got him ..... I too think its the same guy.

He appears to have surfaced with a new name and a new website. I had read he was evicted from his house for not paying the rent on time, I also believe some of the guys over at BP have registered a formal complaint against him for fraud with the police.

I wonder if he has the b-a-l-l-s to admit he's Danny Wall upto his latest trick but from what I've heard he's supposed to be a crafty and shameless as they come

He started out at babypips with some crap system he called the dasiy chain witha free trading room where he said there were no strings attached.

There weren't any strings attached and there STILL are no strings attached. The free room is free and nothing is required at all EVER.

2)He wrote a crap a-s-s trading report .... you may so so waht lots a people write their own ebooks and reports and 99% of them are crap BUT this guy specifically mentioned "I've used adult language so if ur offended easily do not read it"

And all of the people that have posted that the report made them profitable for the first time ever?

All of those people from all over the world are all lying? All of them I "scammed"

Perhaps you can give me the definition of a scam.

He started out at babypips with some crap system he called the dasiy chain witha free trading room where he said there were no strings attached. Then he cam out with an advanced trading room where he supposedly taught you to make more pips for urmmmm a modest monthly fee of $200

A few weeks later came his mentoring programe for over $1000 for a few months to be taught how to trade just like the professionals do

A week later we were sent special discounts to his upcoming seminar ............ special time limited discounts for his students.

Sounds like a nice sideline. I was looking at filling the time in between my swing trades. Oh, wait, you weren't recommending it as a business idea. :whistling

He started out at babypips with some crap system he called the dasiy chain

And for the record ... daisy chain isn't "crap" and has been validated by thousands of people using it.

It's been given away for free for months, no strings attached.

I don't recommend using daisy chain RIGHT NOW, only because fundamentals and statements by global financial folks are all over the map.

The daisy chain, a set of five highly correlated pairs, is NOT correlated more often than not recently, and that's likely to remain so for at least the next three or four weeks.

Allow me to demonstrate. Trichet has called for a strengthening dollar and made statements to help that happen.

However the IMF and World Bank have openly talked about the US Dollar's status as the world's reserve currency was in question ... and that status couldn't be taken for granted even over the short term.

an SDR based on a basket of currencies is being discussed NEXT WEEK in Instanbul. If something like that were to be passed, it would weaken the dollar.

However, US fundamentals have been good and eurozone fundamentals not so good. That makes for a strong dollar.

All of that has been occurring just over the last two weeks, and that's just the dollar.

There's similar stuff going on with the euro, pound, and yen.

Then the aussie's threw gasoline on the fire when they raised their cash rate.

Now, if you would like to discuss the daisy chain system, I'm open to that. It's free, no strings attached, and that has ALWAYS been the case.

Nothing is required to obtain that system, and other than a default metatrader install nothing is required to trade it.

Last edited:
And for the record, this month this system has posted a 400 pip gain and we're going into a busy news week.

Trading Without Indicators

Someone beat me to the punch. Probably because they had links in their post it looks like the post got deleted, but the point was still valid.

Technical indicators lag the market. They ALL lag the market.

Worse, because they lag the market, with preciously few exceptions, by the time your favorite indicator, or set of indicators gives you the green light to place a trade, the OVERWHELMING likelihood is that most of the best movement has already happened.

Basically, you're getting in LONG after the movement has already started.

The only way to get in BEFORE the movement has started is to understand what causes the market to move in the first place.

Instead of keeping you guessing, let me tell you what makes the market move.

1) News
2) Order activity by major institutions
3) Order activity by governments

And that's it.

The absolute BEST way to trade the major movements is by first understanding that those three things are the ONLY three things that make the market move enough to matter.

If you like, I will continue this post, explaining EXACTLY how to trade the major moves.

However, I'll only do it if some folks say that they're interested.

No sense in me spinning my wheels covering something if no one really wants to hear it.

So, if you want more, reply to this post and let me know. (edit: more is now added, see below)

edit: I'm also thinking about doing some live trading sessions where I show you LIVE how to trade this way. Anyone interested in that let me know also.

lHi. I am new to forex trading and I am still demo-trading.I enjoyed your post & would ike to know where I can get more info regarding trading without indicators.Thank you[/B].

lHi. I am new to forex trading and I am still demo-trading.I enjoyed your post & would ike to know where I can get more info regarding trading without indicators.Thank you.

I just sent you an email through the T2W system giving you this info.

Trade secrets also must be special, relative to other data the company holds. So, a company can't just declare all of its internal records a trade secret. In fact, companies that have tried have sometimes been held by the courts to have lost the trade secret privilege because they used the term too indiscriminately.