The Market Matrix

Chris & Dave

Can I say a tentative yes to your request.

I should however say that as and when I do post something, the projections will be based entirely on my own personal calculations for which I take responsibility - in other words if I get them wrong then it's my fault for not applying the methods properly.

Again, as a MM rookie, even though I'm having success with it, there may be times that I'll say something like "this is the area for a turn - I'm going long/short at $xx.xx with a stop at $yy.yy". And these projections could be intraday or other time frames that I'm calculating.

This could be like finally reaching the urinal at a football match with 100 angry hooligans waiting in the queue behind me! I do confess this could give me some stage fright - I can't tell you when I'll make the first post, but I'll try to give some warning.

Rob

chrisg said:
Robster
How about you making 6 predictions as suggested by DaveRB?
As a rookie it wont damage you but if MM is good you'll have proved your point.
Chris

thanks Robster. i look forward to your calls...

remember Sod's law on this one though.. tends to go wrong initially, no matter how "fail safe" the system.

Good luck

FC

I can feel the vultures circling. Very best of british Robster, looking forward to it with interest

robster4 said:
Chris & Dave

I should however say that as and when I do post something, the projections will be based entirely on my own personal calculations for which I take responsibility - in other words if I get them wrong then it's my fault for not applying the methods properly.

Again, as a MM rookie, even though I'm having success with it, there may be times that I'll say something like "this is the area for a turn - I'm going long/short at $xx.xx with a stop at $yy.yy". And these projections could be intraday or other time frames that I'm calculating.

This could be like finally reaching the urinal at a football match with 100 angry hooligans waiting in the queue behind me! I do confess this could give me some stage fright - I can't tell you when I'll make the first post, but I'll try to give some warning.

Rob
A brave and honest decision.

And although your caveat does you personal credit, what does it say for your confidence in this system that's cost you a couple of grand and months of hard work?

I think for this sort of dough, I'd be looking for a little better than 50/50 - I'd be looking for definitive 'where' and 'when'.

edit: I rather got the impression you were already actively trading it? What's your W:L, max drawdown and average R:R so far - or have you not actually tried to trade it live yet?

I have genuinely helpful intent with these comments and questions, I'm not being critical.

Last edited:
robster4 said:
Chris & Dave

Rob

Go Robster4 go !

They say that curiosity killed the cat, but in this case it nicked £2k from my wallet.

I find the whole concept of what Steve Copan alludes to to interesting to ignore for the sake of a couple of k. Having spent a lot of time looking at basic Fib, Fib arcs, Hurst cycles, Delta, et al, the concept of connecting them all together is a bit irresistible.

I currently view this as on intellectual exercise, as I am more than happy with 90% of my trading, but I am open minded enough to accept something else if it has any potential or benefit to my general trading experience. It may turn out to be a dissappointing waste of £2k, but hey, what's a day or 2 profit for something stimulating.

At least I know that it is never going to cost me more than £2k. My concern for other purchasers is that try and recoup their 'investment' either before they are ready or on a method that doesn't work, ultimately costing them a lot more in the end.

And if it is as good as they say it is, I'll send everyone a Chrimbo card from my Brazilian Island.

Havn't got the goodies yet. but I'll try and keep everyone posted on how I get on.

BTW, there are more than 100 people, apparently, on the user group, so I make that at least 100 purchasers. Ummmm.

G-Man

Bramble

I'm already trading it with very good results though as any novice should, I'm not betting the farm just yet. Last week I was on the ride down from Wedesday morning to last thing Friday night (40 of the 50 point drop) and before that had picked various daily and intraday highs and lows including the 7 March high.

But this is rather different - feels like being naked on a beach full of strangers after jumping into a very cold ocean! I'm reticent about projections even to friends and colleagues. This is even harsher than that, so of course it feels a bit weird and my palms are now very sweaty. I did, however, warn a couple of friends about resistance at 1155 last night - which so far is holding true. I don't have a position on right now but if you look at the 5-minute chart you'll see that's the case.

TheBramble said:
A brave and honest decision.

And although your caveat does you personal credit, what does it say for your confidence in this system that's cost you a couple of grand and months of hard work?

I think for this sort of dough, I'd be looking for a little better than 50/50 - I'd be looking for definitive 'where' and 'when'.

edit: I rather got the impression you were already actively trading it? What's your W:L, max drawdown and average R:R so far - or have you not actually tried to trade it live yet?

I have genuinely helpful intent with these comments and questions, I'm not being critical.

Robster - you have the floor.

Though I note 'kevinburton' is a constant viewer of this thread. I do hope there's no attempt (covert or otherwise) to 'prevent' you from going ahead with your intentions.

After all, all you're going to be doing is posting up some calls you are making -not divulging the basis under which you derive these calls.

And if MM is all the publishers say it is, why would they attempt to cut-off such a potentially useful bit of promotional activity?

Go on mate - go for it!!! And don't worry - win or lose - we all get what we want from every situation, whether we realise it or not... :cool:

robster4 said:
Chris & Dave

Rob

Well done, Robster !!

I, for one, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you - and I hope many of the other readers of this thread will too.

And don't worry if it doesn't turn out right - you will have gained much kudos for being brave enough to try !!

Good luck !

Regards,

[
Go on mate - go for it!!! And don't worry - win or lose - we all get what we want from every situation, whether we realise it or not... :cool:[/QUOTE]

I didn't get what i wanted from last week's lottery result :LOL:

Robster,
sorry to be slow on this, I've only just got my b*m on the seat for the day, but well done for having the guts to do what a fair few people selling these things won't. Try not to worry overmuch on the pressure side (<g>), I would make the point however that with a system you should know, after training, how to apply it. I'm not having a pop at you here, the disclaimer 'all mistakes are my ineptitude' is one I've made too - the point really is that you SHOULD know that you've picked a trade/turn etc that is as per the method. With Delta, for example, you could pick any stock at random, any month at random, and list all the forecast turns... I might then trade these turns badly, but I'd question Delta if a turn didn't appear close to the chosen date.

I know it takes a while for anyone to become familiar with a new system or piece of software etc., so I'm alive to that aspect of your worry, but I would say that you should know which bits of a prediction are definitely 'as per the book' and which bits are subject to your judgement call - you might reduce your worry level a bit by saying 'on this date/time so and so will turn up/down, and I'm less sure about the target but I think it'll be 250'... ie identify the bits that your experience level is more likely to pigs up <g>

If you then got the basic turn in the right place but it reversed down instead of up we could agree you timed it right, but something put your direction out (Delta users will be familiar with this I suspect) whilst you might get the price target bang on or be miles out yet have the time and direction sorted... there are all sorts of levels of "getting it right" I'd be reasonably persuaded by, in addition to 'bang on 6/6".

Having a go, that's fine by me, go for it. As for lurkers who might seek to dissuade you I woul suggest that if I were selling a system of some sort, and was unhappy for a user to post trades then I'd post 'official' ones instead....

Well, I've just got back and seen the blood on the streets! That 1155 sure did prove to be resistance and my 2 friends are very happy with my shout last night.

Does it count that I called 1155 and in that hour we hit 1155.07 before going down the toilet?

I need a bit more time, but it looks like the markets are doomed for potentially the next couple of years. What I'm trying to decide is the appropriate time to rejoin my short and the strength of the next upward retrace.

One thing I did kick myself with was that when I left my screens the S&P was around 1153 and I could have shorted with a guaranteed stop at 1157. The thing I'm getting with MM is increasing confidence to map out trades in advance, though I still get a bit nervous when I'm away from the screens - more time and more good shouts will sort this out.

Anyway, in the absense of a clear "trade" at this time because I was out and about, I hope just spewing out some thoughts is ok until I take the plunge again.

In the meantime, is everyone ok to count the 1155? I'm hoping for some lenient refereeing here!

Robster4,

The G-Man jury gives you 6/10 for the 1155 level call.

Interesteingly, when I spoke to Kevin, at some length, before ordering the CD's for myself, like many others I asked for a future prediction. All he really said was that the 1141 hit the previous Friday was a key turning point, nothing about a short retracement to 1155 and subsequent sell-off below the original turning point of 1141.

He also said cable was going to 2.30. On that we shall have to see, but if it does, Vegas here I come.

G-Man

G-Man

I think your 6/10 is a bit miserly!! Anyone out there feeling more charitable than that?!

I can't do too much better than say it out loud in real time, can I?! Surely at least a 7/10 - after all, it was an exact hit!

Fair enough Robster. I'll upgrade to 6.5, but if you can tell me where we are going next, I'll put it up to 9.

G-Man

robster4 said:
G-Man

I think your 6/10 is a bit miserly!! Anyone out there feeling more charitable than that?!

I can't do too much better than say it out loud in real time, can I?! Surely at least a 7/10 - after all, it was an exact hit!

8/10, rob.

Regards,

robster4,

look forward to your future posts.

I do not expect you to be spot-on every time, so I suspect you should allow yourself some leeway, by posting a potential turining point, AND a plus/minus to cover yourself.

I also suspect some trades will be more "certain" than others.

In your learning about MM, are you taught to expect spot-on figures, or to expect a degree of variance from figures ?
Also, are you taught the point at which the expected turning point has "failed", and should be closed out?
If so, what in yor experience is the success/fail ratio ?

NB: there are 3 types of people here.
1: people who will buy MM anyway, but will use this thread to re-inforce an already made up mind
2: people who are intrigued, and open-minded, and may be swayed
3: people who have already made up their minds it doesnt work. Even if you got 6 out of 6, they will expect back-tests over the past 18 years, and still wont be convinced. :)

good luck.
(I hope I am type 2!!)