The Market Matrix

Although I'm extremely interested in this, my reasons for wanting it extend beyond trading markets (although that of course would be reason enough).

I've emailed Tom H about this, asking for some predictions. He pointed me to his site update of the 14th April which targetted S&P @1141 (actual 1140 not withstanding continous or contract exceptions).

I think I've already made my mind up that I'm going to go for this product, though I won't be trading before well into the summer.

anyone wishing to ease their way into this area can buy the special fibs report from me. Normally i would ask £61.80, but its on special offer today at £38.20. Orderly queue please

A320

You are misleading people here, though why I cannot understand.

Do you think Tom Hougaard would endorse the MM if it wasn't real? Do you think he'd also admit that he ignored it on this trade and lost out as a result ?

http://www.tradertom.com/14april2005.htm

Your attacks on the MM are unjustified and you don't even have it. On what basis do you attack it when those that have it are happy with it and making money from it?

a320 said:
if you say so... :rolleyes:

I also remember SC saying 1163 wounld be taken out..

But if your happy with the system then good luck to you :)

because i struggle to comprehend that any trading method would be worth £2k.

i could just about warp my mind to accept one-to-one tuition costing that much for a few days, but parting with £2k to get some CD's? humph!

and how am i misleading people? there is no-one here to mislead. they've all seen the iceberg.

FC

lots of the more successful people on here say price (& maybe volume) is all you need to be concerned with.

FC why the change of image? i thought you were a rock & roll trader, but unless i'm sorely mistaken isn't that bob carolgees, owner of trusty hound spit the dog ?

bob is up there to reflect the comedy that these boards occasionally degenerate into, this thread being a case in point....

Last edited:
robster4 said:
Do you think Tom Hougaard would endorse the MM if it wasn't real?
Robster, Tom H endorses more than one item from that 'stable'. I have no idea if he is in any way connected with the Copan empire financially or not. I'm not suggesting he is - just that he could be. And if he was, that would be sufficient motivation would it not?

robster4 said:
Your attacks on the MM are unjustified and you don't even have it. On what basis do you attack it when those that have it are happy with it and making money from it?
You're assuming the 'attack' (didn't quite see it that way myself) is on the product - rather than the intent and integrity of the seller. I have no idea if that was the basis for the 'attack' or not - and I have no public view on the intent or integrity of the seller.

But most interesting, for someone really busy trading this 'system' you have an awful lot of time to devote to defending that which quite frankly, should be of no particular interest to you whatsoever.

After all, you're doing alright Jack and why should you worry if a bunch of cynical bar stewards lose out?

PLUS (and most importantly) - How many do have it? And how do you know that? And how do you know they are all happy with it? Hmmmm...you seem to have an awful lot of company & financially confidential info on this product... :cool:

Bramble

This is my 11th message ever and you have over 2,500 to your credit! It's amazing what I can do with 3 screens on my desk these days! The S&P is currently 1151.58...

I assumed you were attacking the product, not the seller - if you have a vendetta against the seller I would suggest that it's not really fair to attack him here. Personally, I'm very grateful to it/him. Have you seen the endorsements by the Delta Society by the way? Do you think they would endorse this without thorough researching it beforehand?

Unfortunately I don't know how many people have bought it but I do know that those who contribute on the MM Yahoo Group Board seem to be very happy with it and make constructive comments where we try to help each other and discuss the markets in context of the MM.

Would you say that any of your comments about the MM itself have been constructive? I just don't think it's fair to criticise something that you actually haven't seen, do you?

TheBramble said:
Robster, Tom H endorses more than one item from that 'stable'. I have no idea if he is in any way connected with the Copan empire financially or not. I'm not suggesting he is - just that he could be. And if he was, that would be sufficient motivation would it not?

You're assuming the 'attack' (didn't quite see it that way myself) is on the product - rather than the intent and integrity of the seller. I have no idea if that was the basis for the 'attack' or not - and I have no public view on the intent or integrity of the seller.

But most interesting, for someone really busy trading this 'system' you have an awful lot of time to devote to defending that which quite frankly, should be of no particular interest to you whatsoever.

After all, you're doing alright Jack and why should you worry if a bunch of cynical bar stewards lose out?

PLUS (and most importantly) - How many do have it? And how do you know that? And how do you know they are all happy with it? Hmmmm...you seem to have an awful lot of company & financially confidential info on this product... :cool:

robster4 said:
I just don't think it's fair to criticise something that you actually haven't seen, do you?

But there seems to be no chance of seeing it, or any of its future predictions, the accuracy of which we can subsequently verify, without coffing up £1999 - a catch22 type situation ??? It all boils down to an expensive leap of faith.

Last edited:
Robster,
I, and doubtless several others, am happy that you are content with Steve Copan's system. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the way to sell anything that prodicts the market is to post say half a dozen predictions where 4-5 prove accurate. If I had such a system to sell, and I genuinely believed it worked, that is exactly how I'd sell it.
Although I wouldn't tell any b****r about it at all, think I'm daft? Ignoring that remark, I really am pleased that you are happy - if it works for you then great, I'm not trying to be confrontational here but also feel free to post the aforementioned half dozen predictions.

The thing is I've owned Delta, and I will retain my opinion of its problems as it would not be fair to go into that here... but I would not accept that Delta, or anyone else, is unbiased in their opinion of MM... the investing arena is chock full of nepotism, back scratching, and cross-marketting. Almost everyone out there selling things to punters is doing deals with other outfits - buy my software and here's a good place to buy books, by the way do you fancy a pair of chinos... and so on. It's very easy to prove MM has predictive power - make some predictions (a bunch, not one, anyone can get lucky once.... it's damned hard to do it 5 or 6 times on the trot) , watch them come true.

Anything else is PR - and I don't swap banknotes for PR.

Dave

robster4 said:
I assumed you were attacking the product, not the seller
I haven't 'attacked' either - check my posts.

robster4 said:
if you have a vendetta against the seller I would suggest that it's not really fair to attack him here.
I don't. Why would you imagine I would? But why wouldn't 'here' be a good place anyway? You're advertising for him. Attention is drawn here...it would seem a very sensible place to attack him if anyone chose to do so.

robster4 said:
Have you seen the endorsements by the Delta Society by the way? Do you think they would endorse this without thorough researching it beforehand?
Erm, are you a little bit fick? You presumably are aware of the relationship Steve Copan has with DSI? Does 'Due Diligence' mean anything to you? Does quid pro quo (you scratch my back - I'll scratch yours)?

robster4 said:
Unfortunately I don't know how many people have bought it but I do know that those who contribute on the MM Yahoo Group Board seem to be very happy with it and make constructive comments where we try to help each other and discuss the markets in context of the MM.
Well that's just great then. So, why are you spinning your wheels in vain here then?

BTW - Do you happen to know if there is there a totally satisfied NEXUS group on Yahoo as well - or is that yet to be invented. :LOL:

robster4 said:
Would you say that any of your comments about the MM itself have been constructive? I just don't think it's fair to criticise something that you actually haven't seen, do you?
I'm going to go back up this thread to see if I've made any comments at all on MM. Don't think I have specifically. Never seen it or used it or talked to anybody who has.

I'll come back on a separate post if I have.

But on the other hand, I really don't give a cuss what you feel is 'fair' or not. I don' think ripping gullible newbies off is 'fair' either.

Not that I am for one moment suggesting Steve Copan rips people off, at all.

Nope. Didn't think so. (Didn't need to :LOL: )

Couple of humorous interludes and a couple of p*iss takes at Kevin Burton's simply awful ad copy, but nothing aimed at Steve Copan or MM specifically, at all, at all.

robster,

I have just read through this whole thread (yes, I should get a life).

It seems to me that 1) you are the only person defending the product, and 2) you did say that the producer claimed to have got the cross contract trade because he traded thru spreadbetters.

1) Makes me wonder.
2) Makes me extremely sceptical. Any spreadbetter that I am aware of would reverse that trade if they had been stupid enough to role the underlying prices (and that would take a huge dollop of stupidity).

How about a defence of the product from someone who has been posting here before the product was discussed? I would be genuinely interested but find the current discussion completely unconvincing for the above reasons.

It must be a bit scary paying £1,999 for 3cd's. As it would only cost about 50pence to copy them, I would have thought those interested in buying this could find a way of reducing the cost. Not that I condone that sort of thing, it is just a fact that a large percentage of CD's are copied illegally . I don't know how well the legal loophole of making one copy and storing it at another location works. Perhaps I will ask the person selling office XP for £9.99 on ebay.

Kiwi

I can definitely understand misgivings over price and "does it work?" etc. I would probably have felt the same way if I hadn't attended the course.

I do wonder why he doesn't make predictions like he did with us that day, but even the likes of Krauz didn't do that on a specific trade-by-trade basis. Though it is interesting that Tom H is sticking his neck out on this and is making some predictions based on MM, so I guess that would at least partially satisfy my curiosity.

Anyway, I'm just a bit shocked about the tone of some of the messages on these boards - I don't think it's exclusive to this one though!

Kiwi said:
robster,

I have just read through this whole thread (yes, I should get a life).

It seems to me that 1) you are the only person defending the product, and 2) you did say that the producer claimed to have got the cross contract trade because he traded thru spreadbetters.

1) Makes me wonder.
2) Makes me extremely sceptical. Any spreadbetter that I am aware of would reverse that trade if they had been stupid enough to role the underlying prices (and that would take a huge dollop of stupidity).

How about a defence of the product from someone who has been posting here before the product was discussed? I would be genuinely interested but find the current discussion completely unconvincing for the above reasons.

Robster
How about you making 6 predictions as suggested by DaveRB?
As a rookie it wont damage you but if MM is good you'll have proved your point.
Chris