The Holy Grail

Hi Benji,
No I’ve not been to Glastonbury this year, never in fact been to the gig. Only the town, nice place.

Like I said, the first post here is as good as it gets. Its out there
no use denying it.
And I think you accept that, its why you are on the journey.
What does it look like?
Maybe money in the bank, big fat bottom line.
Maybe fewer losses. Maybe peace of mind.

Probably we can find half in the markets, and the other half in our heads.
But its elusive wherever it is.

Remember the Holy Grail is out there.
Waiting for you.
You can find it for free.
Don’t hang around...the grail is eternal.
But we aren’t.

Taunting !? I would never dream of it!!

These are messages of hope truth and light.

The word between "of" and "truth" is not a word I ever entertain, either in my trading life or personal life. It's a word for the masses; those that don't know anything for certain, and are unwilling to take the necessary action at the necessary time.

Here is, then, my wisdom:

1. The holy grail of making money in trading is not actually to make money, but to not lose money.

2. The goal of any trade is to get a free shot

My original holy grail wasn't holy enough, and needs a slight refinement to make it truly holy.

1. The holy grail of making money in trading is not actually to make money, but to not lose money.

2. The goal of any trade is to get a free shot

3. Protect running profits by trailing an appropriate stop. This does not necessarily mean a trailing stop order, but rather a stop that protects profits from reversals, which could be a trailing stop order or a manually adjusted stop derived from TA.

those that don't know anything for certain

Sounds like most all of us, most of the time..
The End of Certainty: Ilya Prigogine: 9780684837055: Amazon.com: Books

What we take as fact and certainty often is a mixture of perception and habit seasoned with normalcy bias. I'll give you - in the physical science, the repeating behavior of matter and energy that makes modern life possible definitely can bias a person's thinking into the belief of 'knowing' things.. Fathom the size of physicality, we clearly know less than we don't know... even though we have more information and knowledge available now than ever before.

I like this thread. We do all only have so much time, the Grail inside will allow you to wield a mediocre system very well.. the absence of the same and the best system in the world is wreckable. What is it then - faith in your abilities? Belief in yourself? Undefinable realness?

Last edited:
I like this thread. We do all only have so much time, the Grail inside will allow you to wield a mediocre system very well.. the absence of the same and the best system in the world is wreckable. What is it then - faith in your abilities? Belief in yourself? Undefinable realness?

Natureboy, thank you.
I appreciate your appreciation.

I hope everyone finds the holy trading grail.

Instead of walking from holy place to holy place, as did the ancients in search of spiritual uplifting, do you consider walking between stock exchanges of any trading benefit ?

:smart:

I can just picture clapped out old traders swapping yarns along the way.

Instead of walking from holy place to holy place, as did the ancients in search of spiritual uplifting, do you consider walking between stock exchanges of any trading benefit ?

:smart:

I can just picture clapped out old traders swapping yarns along the way.

Strange you should say that Pat... its a bit like following the tradewinds, or the ley lines, or the trends even.
Don't forget to do the dragon breathing..... breathe of fire :devilish:

finding the holy grail is not easy. it takes effort
how you view the concept of a Holy Grail in trading might give you some insights into your development as a trader.
can the holy grail be bought?
can it be taught ?
will it come in a lightning flash after 10000 hours of chart study?
is it like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
needing you to blow several accounts
to pay your dues before you find it?
any ideas?

how you view the concept of a Holy Grail in trading might give you some insights into your development as a trader.
can the holy grail be bought?
can it be taught ?
will it come in a lightning flash after 10000 hours of chart study?
is it like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
needing you to blow several accounts
any ideas?

so how much do u want for holy grail? ive got cash ready to go

My thoughts...
can the holy grail be bought? it can if you are willing to pay the price
can it be taught ? it can
will it come in a lightning flash after 10000 hours of chart study? not that many
is it like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...oh yes, like a divine light that warms me when I am trading
needing you to blow several accounts..just the one unfortunately, but I am making that back again
any ideas?

I’m surprised at that, but if you could let me know where I can buy it from I can make a killing selling it to Benjy up there!! :LOL:

I’m surprised at that, but if you could let me know where I can buy it from I can make a killing selling it to Benjy up there!! :LOL:

One part of it you can buy from amazon, the second part takes a very open mind.

so how much do u want for holy grail? ive got cash ready to go

So far as I know Benji, it can’t be sold, bought or given away,& maybe not taught either, although I heard it can be learnt....but once you have it in your mitts, its personal use only!

So far as I know Benji, it can’t be sold, bought or given away,& maybe not taught either, although I heard it can be learnt....but once you have it in your mitts, its personal use only!

when did u find grail pls glyder? so if u found it that means youre making loadsamoney now??

when did u find grail pls glyder? so if u found it that means youre making loadsamoney now??

Hi Benji,,
Not certain I have the holy grail yes exactly. But I'm pretty sure I know how it looks and feels.

Loadsamoney??!?
Well I'm not retired and fully free.
I'd almost forgotten that loadsamoney it what trading's all about
Maybe the Holy Grail only works when you forget the money.

Getting the so called holy grail not that it really exists, but success yes that exists from someone of course is possible, that is what a true mentor is there for. You are buying the hours, the years, the stress, the learning curve from blown accounts from this person in hope of saving yourself time and money.

In the end everyone pays from at least one of 3 ways... Time, Their Account, Paid Mentoring...

LLoydbee thank you for making one of your rare postings on the forum here.
As for buying the holy grail, I'm not sure ....I'm skeptical whether it is possible to buy even a trading mentor. Mentoring probably needs to come from the heart not the pocket.....the right student needs the right mentor etc... no one size fits all. Its not easy to be a mentor or be mentored without both hearts being in it.