The Holy Grail

Its in me. Might be my gut, but more likely between my ears.

Probably too much caffeine or sugar, or maybe something more potent.

As you were so generous with your wisdom, I am happy to share with you mine. I actually really have found the holy grail, and that was after this thread got started. I always had it and just didn't know it was there. While posting in this thread, it finally dawned on me what the holy grail looked like in one of its many guises.

Here is, then, my wisdom:

1. The holy grail of making money in trading is not actually to make money, but to not lose money.

2. The goal of any trade is to get a free shot

If these simple rules can be masterfully and effectively applied, unending riches is guaranteed.

1. The holy grail of making money in trading is not actually to make money, but to not lose money...

Avoiding losers is not really my thing, high strike rate systems tend to cause me psychological issues, but if not losing money's your bag, I can recommend reading Richard Olsen's free e-book which is titled "How to Trade"

A word of warning, I wouldn't recommend applying the principles he discuses to scalping.

Avoiding losers is not really my thing, high strike rate systems tend to cause me psychological issues, but if not losing money's your bag, I can recommend reading Richard Olsen's free e-book which is titled "How to Trade"

A word of warning, I wouldn't recommend applying the principles he discuses to scalping.

I said nothing about avoiding losers, but avoid losing money. Losing some maybe inevitable, but the ultimate aim is to minimising it, with all energy focused towards that aim.

Unless there's a youtube video on this guy, I won't be reading the book. I don't read books. it's my abiding principle.

Probably too much caffeine or sugar, or maybe something more potent.

As you were so generous with your wisdom, I am happy to share with you mine. I actually really have found the holy grail, and that was after this thread got started. I always had it and just didn't know it was there. While posting in this thread, it finally dawned on me what the holy grail looked like in one of its many guises.

Here is, then, my wisdom:

1. The holy grail of making money in trading is not actually to make money, but to not lose money.

2. The goal of any trade is to get a free shot

If these simple rules can be masterfully and effectively applied, unending riches is guaranteed.

You had it all this time and didn’t tell!!

You had it all this time and didn’t tell!!

I didn't know I had it until you came along and made me think about the holy grail. Well done. I am applying my holy grail as we speak and it's working - not a single lost trade out of 5 with 1 ongoing with a running profit.

I didn't know I had it until you came along and made me think about the holy grail. Well done. I am applying my holy grail as we speak and it's working - not a single lost trade out of 5 with 1 ongoing with a running profit.

Joe - This little piece of wisdom already had more impact than I could ever have hoped. If I ever get another insight I’ll share that too!.

Joe - This little piece of wisdom already had more impact than I could ever have hoped. If I ever get another insight I’ll share that too!.

Good man. Keep them coming. You'll never know where we will end up.

One word of warning however, even with a holy grail, one has to show respect for the market. I went out, came back, and randomly entered some trades without looking fully thinking I am now the heman. Naturally, I ended up being a looser. Fortunately, the holy grail stepped in and saved me with small losses. No harm done and a lightly slap on the wrist. I will recover the loss in a jiffy when the right moment arrives.

Does exist, but not easy to find. Why? Seems to far because it is so close due to the laziness and the lack of courage to deal with the nitty gritty.

Surely it cannot be borrowed.

Does exist, but not easy to find. Why? Seems to far because it is so close due to the laziness and the lack of courage to deal with the nitty gritty.

Surely it cannot be borrowed.

I think you’ve got something there.
Glad you think it exists too.

Its in me. Might be my gut, but more likely between my ears.

It is very possible that the OP is not referring to anything related to trading especially after the above post.

Paul

The one checking is Joe. The statement. Fairly.

Attachments

• StThomasApostle.jpg
    StThomasApostle.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
It is very possible that the OP is not referring to anything related to trading especially after the above post.

Paul

only so far as the aim of trading is not about trading....
trade to live or live to trade
etc...

Jack Schwager is in denial.
This is the first of his 40 lessons for mkt wizards from his new book..
Strange cos after No 1 he lists 39 steps towards the holy grail!
Jack, more than anyone should know better than to be in denial :D

Attachments

• No Holy Grail.jpg
    No Holy Grail.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 279
It exists.

Denying it will not help you.

Yeah, I know - it's on page 58:)

If ADX is more than 30 you wait for the price to go back to 20 ema (entering trends on pull backs).

BTW I don't use it:whistling

Its Pg 79 in my book.
Maybe thats the point.
We're all different.