The FTSE

apples10 said:
One of most profitable since June??? The Ftse Future only had a trading range of 28 points, did you manage to scalp from top to bottom?? :rolleyes:

The FTSE 100 daily.
1st June: 4964
30th June: 5113

= 149pt spread.

A total of 7 bets made in the month of which 3 were Dow related.

UK

ukhero said:
The FTSE 100 daily.
1st June: 4964
30th June: 5113

= 149pt spread.

A total of 7 bets made in the month of which 3 were Dow related.

UK

No worries UK.

But initially you said 'yesterday' was your most profitable day . . . .. ..couldn't see how given the moves yesterday.

What you obviously meant was that your TOTAL p/l for the period from June reached a high - very different.

7 trades since June? The trend is obviously your friend :LOL:

Only joking, but shouldn't you be posting not on trade2win but on invest&hold.com :cheesy: :cheesy:

I I can take it Apples. :LOL:

FTSE at 5503/5.

Looks like I was wrong about the miners! This morning it appears they were digging even deeper. :eek:

At the moment the FTSE seems to be stuck in reverse and I can't see anything out there, apart from the DOW doing an 80+ leap [which I don't believe it will], that would nudge it into a forward gear.

UK

dc2000 said:
There is no change to my position
The markets have not done anything out of the ordinary at the moment that would cause me to re evaluate my position
And what exactly is your position ?

on the FTSE currently short looking to turn and go long into year end once its finished this move

The FTSE Friday, 16th December 2005

Thursday's results:

Open: 5521.
Close: 5495, down 25pts.

Range: 5489 - 5530.

Last 5 trading days: down 36pts.

On the Month: up 72pts. About right for the month.

Dow: 10,881, down 1pt. Pretty much a flat day and one which I was expecting a 20-30pt drop.

Last 5 trading days: up 130pts. A little over par.

On the month: up 75pts. A touch behind.

News items of note:

FT.com - 'US Treasuries fell, pushing yields above 4.5 per cent on Thursday, as investors locked in profits in the wake of unexpectedly strong manufacturing data. The New York Fed's Empire State general business condition index rose to the highest level this year, from 22.8 in November to 28.7 this month. Meanwhile, US industrial production also posted stronger-than-forecast figures.Amid the slew of economic data, investors largely ignored headline consumer price inflation, which fell 0.6 per cent last month, the largest decrease in more than half a century. But excluding energy and food, prices rose 0.2 per cent, as expected.'

TimesOnline - 'The FTSE 100 index hit its lowest in a fortnight, dragged down by natural resources companies stocks as Xstrata. But real estate shares beat the day's weak trend after the Government published details on how it intends to open up the property market to individual investors.'

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Thursday's, no strong indication but they all favoured a rise followed by a potential minor drop but not below its opening price. Well it fell below its opening price and then some! Friday, two out of three charts say a reversal of today's fall.

Companies reporting:

None

Economic Data:

UK: GDP Q-on-Q
UK: GDP Y-on-Y

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the DOW ended the day almost at evens and one wonders where it's heading exactly; also, yesterdays blazing performance failed to lift the FTSE out of the doldrums; charts predict a reversal of today; economic data should prove interesting.

Early gut feeling: a 60% chance of a small rise.

Will I bet? Nope. I may consider a small Long depending how the market moves early morning, but apart from that I'll stay on the side lines.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK

Options expiry manipulation might be more subtle this time round.................................. but probably not-why bother if you can commit major ripoff with impunity?

ukhero said:
The FTSE Friday, 16th December 2005

Thursday's results:

Open: 5521.
Close: 5495, down 25pts.

Range: 5489 - 5530.

Last 5 trading days: down 36pts.

On the Month: up 72pts. About right for the month.

Dow: 10,881, down 1pt. Pretty much a flat day and one which I was expecting a 20-30pt drop.

Last 5 trading days: up 130pts. A little over par.

On the month: up 75pts. A touch behind.

News items of note:

FT.com - 'US Treasuries fell, pushing yields above 4.5 per cent on Thursday, as investors locked in profits in the wake of unexpectedly strong manufacturing data. The New York Fed's Empire State general business condition index rose to the highest level this year, from 22.8 in November to 28.7 this month. Meanwhile, US industrial production also posted stronger-than-forecast figures.Amid the slew of economic data, investors largely ignored headline consumer price inflation, which fell 0.6 per cent last month, the largest decrease in more than half a century. But excluding energy and food, prices rose 0.2 per cent, as expected.'

TimesOnline - 'The FTSE 100 index hit its lowest in a fortnight, dragged down by natural resources companies stocks as Xstrata. But real estate shares beat the day's weak trend after the Government published details on how it intends to open up the property market to individual investors.'

Charts, and nothing but the charts: Thursday's, no strong indication but they all favoured a rise followed by a potential minor drop but not below its opening price. Well it fell below its opening price and then some! Friday, two out of three charts say a reversal of today's fall.

Companies reporting:

None

Economic Data:

UK: GDP Q-on-Q
UK: GDP Y-on-Y

The FTSE tomorrow based on present news and data: the DOW ended the day almost at evens and one wonders where it's heading exactly; also, yesterdays blazing performance failed to lift the FTSE out of the doldrums; charts predict a reversal of today; economic data should prove interesting.

Early gut feeling: a 60% chance of a small rise.

Will I bet? Nope. I may consider a small Long depending how the market moves early morning, but apart from that I'll stay on the side lines.

If you are betting: make your own decision, watch the markets open and do read the news for clues as to which way the FTSE may go.

Yours

UK

UK,

How could you write all that and not mention the December Expiry today??? :( :( :rolleyes: :( :(

Now you should know me better than that. I always want a better price, but I do think thats where most peeps will be going short, double top an all that

and exactly for that reason the market should go that little bit more until all the nice tight stops are taken out

apples10 said:
UK,

How could you write all that and not mention the December Expiry today??? :( :( :rolleyes: :( :(

Apples,

I've been writing this mini column for the past four months, some things I add some not.

In regards to futures, at 10:30am last night, if I didn't put aside my mouse and spend a little quality time with my good lady my own future would have expired forthwith.You have to appreciate, working full time coupled with a screaming family limits my studying time. I write what I can.

But you are right, I should have mentioned it.

yours

UK

ukhero said:
Apples,

I've been writing this mini column for the past four months, some things I add some not.

In regards to futures, at 10:30am last night, if I didn't put aside my mouse and spend a little quality time with my good lady my own future would have expired forthwith.You have to appreciate, working full time coupled with a screaming family limits my studying time. I write what I can.

But you are right, I should have mentioned it.

yours

UK

UK,

I understand.

However, it was a KEY for trading today and is why the market has got to where it has (or was ! anyway).

You watching the market through the day?

rgds

apples,

I think you were a bit harsh on ukhero, to mention the expiry was a bit like saying the pope is catholic, ukhero gives us his opinion day in day out yet he does not have to do it.