The end of the EU

At last Cameron has said something sensible about the EU mess.

Either they get their act togethor because at present it's just a shambles or Britain should pull out before the idiots pull us under with them Titanic style. There is no USA fallback - those clowns have bankrupted themselves !!

Either they get their act togethor because at present it's just a shambles or Britain should pull out before the idiots pull us under with them Titanic style. There is no USA fallback - those clowns have bankrupted themselves !!

Lots of political hot air for votes imho.

There is no way the UK is pulling out of the Euro - referendum or not.

Actions speak louder than words.

I've got Cataluña to worry about, at the moment!

Personally, though, I do not think it a wise plan to leave Europe. I get the impression that the Brits think that the world will stop turning if they leave. Sadly, those days have gone.

I've got Cataluña to worry about, at the moment!

Personally, though, I do not think it a wise plan to leave Europe. I get the impression that the Brits think that the world will stop turning if they leave. Sadly, those days have gone.

If we leave :-
we get our fishing waters back ( given away by Mrs T )
we stop subsidising French farmers etc. to the tune of 12 billion per year
we don't have to put up with the cr*p that the Euro parliaments/Courts are dishing out (do you remember curved bananas etc.
it won't be long before we have to bail out the French in Mali
the EU is so crooked that the auditors have refused to sign the EU accounts for the last 17 years !!

and so on.
Enjoy the sunshine El Splitto 'cos it may get nasty.

etc. etc.

If we leave :-
we get our fishing waters back ( given away by Mrs T )
we stop subsidising French farmers etc. to the tune of 12 billion per year
we don't have to put up with the cr*p that the Euro parliaments/Courts are dishing out (do you remember curved bananas etc.
it won't be long before we have to bail out the French in Mali
the EU is so crooked that the auditors have refused to sign the EU accounts for the last 17 years !!

and so on.
Enjoy the sunshine El Splitto 'cos it may get nasty.

etc. etc.

I've heard all these arguments so many times. Nothing much new, really, The thing about the French Agriculture may be true, but the UK could have been one of the founder members of the Common Market, They did not choose to enter and, when they did, the Agricultural Policy was in place and Britain had to accept that. In fact, they were pleased to get into Europe at any cost. "Sitting on the fence" Britain criticises a lot but does nothing very constructive, I'm afraid.

Now some want out and, guess what? They, actually, think that they are going to be the new linchpin in a Commonwealth that existed forty years ago and, now, no longer does. Get real!

I've heard all these arguments so many times. Nothing much new, really, The thing about the French Agriculture may be true, but the UK could have been one of the founder members of the Common Market, They did not choose to enter and, when they did, the Agricultural Policy was in place and Britain had to accept that. In fact, they were pleased to get into Europe at any cost. "Sitting on the fence" Britain criticises a lot but does nothing very constructive, I'm afraid.

Now some want out and, guess what? They, actually, think that they are going to be the new linchpin in a Commonwealth that existed forty years ago and, now, no longer does. Get real!

Yep pretty much my view too.

Majority of UK exports goes to Europe. UK already has negative BoP and why make matters worse?

Do politicians or conservative party know what they are talking about?

Should be a business decision. AND purely business decision.

Brit

The Greek PM has asked his fellow citizens to refrain from throwing the glasses and crockery about. Eating off the floor is unhygenic.

only kidding guys honest

:)

Last edited:
Yep pretty much my view too.

Majority of UK exports goes to Europe. UK already has negative BoP and why make matters worse?

Do politicians or conservative party know what they are talking about?

Should be a business decision. AND purely business decision.

Those lying toads in the 1970s referendum never mentioned the political, legal and financial ties. I haven't got a quarrel with trading and business with Europe, but not the rest. Shouldn't have bothered fighting WW2 by the look of it, Berlin rules.

I wouldn't be surprised if them Frenchies don't start calling for help soon in Mali. How often do we have to go to their rescue ?

Last edited:
Those lying toads in the 1970s referendum never mentioned the political, legal and financial ties. I haven't got a quarrel with trading and business with Europe, but not the rest. Shouldn't have bothered fighting WW2 by the look of it, Berlin rules.

I wouldn't be surprised if them Frenchies don't start calling for help soon in Mali. How often do we have to go to their rescue ?

Yep I agree - do not wish to relinquish political control.

However, the politics should not drive the business decision is my point.

in truth we would'nt know the true cost of withdrawal from EU till we actually did it.....theres so much Brinkmanship , bluff and double bluff going on its a joke now ......

N

in truth we would'nt know the true cost of withdrawal from EU till we actually did it.....theres so much Brinkmanship , bluff and double bluff going on its a joke now ......

N

Well I go by what Heseltine says and agree with Sweden's Borg.

London Finance Hub Threatened by EU Exit, Sweden

Stupid politicians playing power games with National Interest.

Enough flag waving and let's get down to producing and competing.

Cameron and Osborn are real twits imo. Where do we find these idiots nobody knows. Etonite best of the best I'm sure... :sleep:

N

I have to admit that there is a lot of corruption in Spain. There cannot be good feelings from the UK when it is the second largest contributor and millions of it seem to be gong into corrupt officials hands.

The latest is the Barcenas scandal. He was a minister in PP and has 22 million, of which he has not paid taxes. How he got that money, in the first place, is the main question because there are references of envelopes, containing 10000 euros a go,being passed to him when he was in office, by constructors and property developers.

But this is just this week's news, along with the fact that Filipe Gonzalez owns a luxury flat in Marbella that he is supposed to. only. have rented.

This goes on and on. In Cataluña where I live, the Pujol family is under scrutiny, with an ex-girlfriend declaring to a judge how she used to go to Andorra with the eldest son and how he had a large briefcase stuffed with money.

These are the lot that the Catalans are going to go independent with! God help us all!

Nevertheless, the fact that all this coming out is a big step forward. Rajoy is trying to clean all this up but the you can imagine that the public is thoroughly pissed off with politicians, in general.

Spain is a basket case.

Troppo-happy country with no regard for any one else but themselves.

God only knows why the Spanish are so arrogant with nothing to show but a bankrupt country.

Takers, as they always have been.

Never give.

Spain hang !!

Spain is a basket case.

Troppo-happy country with no regard for any one else but themselves.

God only knows why the Spanish are so arrogant with nothing to show but a bankrupt country.

Takers, as they always have been.

Never give.

Spain hang !!

As you wish.

I've lived here for 47 years and never seen kids around the streets with knives. There has never been Tottenham style rioting. The trains run on time and there is one fixed fare of about 1.50 Euros or you can buy 10 rides for about 11 Euros, where you can't go anywhere, in London, for less than a fiver. People offer me their seat on the trains. No problems with teachers versus students in schools. Daily rubbish collection in Barcelona.

As for your comments about the Spanish. They are the salt of the earth.

I could go on. You stay there, mate. I'm staying here.

Last edited:
As you wish.

I've lived here for 47 years and never seen kids around the streets with knives. There has never been Tottenham style rioting. The trains run on time and there is one fixed fare of about 1.50 Euros or you can buy 10 rides for about 11 Euros, where you can't go anywhere, in London, for less than a fiver. People offer me their seat on the trains. No problems with teachers versus students in schools. Daily rubbish collection in Barcelona.

As for your comments about the Spanish. They are the salt of the earth.

I could go on. You stay there, mate. I'm staying here.

I agree with your post Splitlink.

Ambrose, are you sure you are not mixing up the French with the Spanish??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I agree with your post Splitlink.

Ambrose, are you sure you are not mixing up the French with Spanish??? :rolleyes:

I am not saying that Ambrose has not met a Spaniard that had the cheek to answer him back! :D That's, probably, why he thinks that they are arrogant!

We have our corruption in high places and many other faults, but our man in the street is just like anyone else, as far as their dislike of politicians is concerned and, just like the Brits, is beginning to ask more embarrasing questions than he used to.

Well I go by what Heseltine says and agree with Sweden's Borg.

Nah, think the EU are more like the Star Trek Borg. Doesn't matter what you do or say, all they can think of is to assimilate you (and your country).

Anyhow I haven't posted for a while, and haven't been trading. New Year resolution to get trading this year. If that sounds bad because like all of them, diets, giving up drink etc fail, it isn't becauce of that. Simple money management. Need money in the bank for our struggling business, and have had to concentrate on that. Spread betting when I don't expect to make much money to start with would have been a distraction and don't think it is wise to be in such a stressed position. This year will have more money, and more free time, and less of the business worries.