The end of the EU

Maybe off topic but one to watch if interested...

The Party's Over: How the West Went Bust | Episode 2 | Radio Times

Robert Peston concludes his two-part analysis of the Western financial crisis by examining Britain's future role in the global economy. He contrasts the UK's retail-driven system with the German model of manufacturing and exporting goods, and canvasses the opinions of economists, bankers, politicians and workers about the changes that need to be made in order for Britain to remain competitive.

Maybe off topic but one to watch if interested...

The Party's Over: How the West Went Bust | Episode 2 | Radio Times

Robert Peston concludes his two-part analysis of the Western financial crisis by examining Britain's future role in the global economy. He contrasts the UK's retail-driven system with the German model of manufacturing and exporting goods, and canvasses the opinions of economists, bankers, politicians and workers about the changes that need to be made in order for Britain to remain competitive.

Yup !! Well presented and simply put for Joe Average to understand. The question of what best to do remained unanswered though !!

Yup !! Well presented and simply put for Joe Average to understand. The question of what best to do remained unanswered though !!

Agreed but the big wig elite toss-pots need to understand this too. Been saying it since the 80s. That the consequences of Mrs T will rear it's head 10-20 years down the line.

Decimated manufacturing and told us we will change into the advanced service sector that produces FA. Been told it is structural change and been going on for the last 100 years +. We were told we needed this medicine. We were told competition would help.

I felt what came out was clear and concise. German manufacturers have a greater family management and take long term view.

Invest in education and engineering. Germany and Japan have 8x more engineers. We shouldn't look down our nose at people who work with their hands and under value their creative contribution.

The City is grossly over paid and unregulated as in US. People can deny as much as they want we are going down the pan. Instead of taxing as Europe intend to do we are further hemming our selves in to what has been pretty much our down fall. Charge people for university education and shelter the Financial sector from... erm competition from Europe... :LOL:

I thought Dyson hit it on the nail too. No nuts and bolts to produce anything. All imported and so the guy leaves the UK. 500 jobs leaves the country. Thank for that one Mrs T.

Ooopss did someone say the Banks will leave the UK? Yep no need to worry about manufacturing they can sod off as long as wealth creating Banks and executive ******s stay... Someones really taking the **** with the lies we are being told eh?

We need to make university education means tested

We need to sponsor not just technology but manufacturing too by
- building cars, railway stock and plant machinary and white goods like dishwashers, washing machines, TV's HiFi the lot. Let's take on the Asian tigers at their own game. Using our technology and superior know how... (wishful thinking).

- we need to promote academies for creative inventions and sponsor them. Not let them go and get sponsored by other countries who will and actively buy into them.

- we need to build and attract more engineers. We need to look at how the Germans and Japanese achieve this. Wages and tax incentives are the best way to direct this sort effect.

I don't have a chip on my shoulder (as has been said) cause I'm freaking working class it's just plain common sense to anyone who studies a bit of economic history and looks at issues from an objective perspective without bias to their wage packet.

Basically by taxing education and defending service sector and finance we are effectively exasperating the very root causes of why we are here today. We are well and trully stuffed.

What is Cameron doing? Travelling round the world trying to sell weapons to drum up business. Someone should tell him wars are yesterday's thang and as hard as US/UK try they are living on borrowed credit.

We need to look at how we can turn R&D in defence into manufactured goods that benefit people and industry. Not kill people. Sad fockers that they are.

We are not in this position today because of Europe. Europe will heal and we will further fall behind. Prediction for the next 10-20 years. Sadly so I'm afraid.

Sadly, I can see it here. We are less talked about than we used to be. People are less interested in Britain's participation and it will be like someone who threatens to leave T2W. After a short while, no one will care.

Do you remember the old Merrill Lynch advert with the cowboys ?

"If you don't make dust, you eat dust"

Last edited:
Sadly, I can see it here. We are less talked about than we used to be. People are less interested in Britain's participation and it will be like someone who threatens to leave T2W. After a short while, no one will care.

Do you remember the old Merrill Lynch advert with the cowboys ?

"If you don't make dust, you eat dust"

We are talked about our reward for failure though...

What is wrong with the UK

In Business | Episode 3. The Curse of the Bonus | Radio Times

On Radio4 now. Asking how much bonus culture have damaged the UK economy.

The Idea that Sarkozy would give up French Sovereignty in his election year is just a joke

hopes of an agreement in March ?

keep your eyes on April 1st

The idea that there is agreement across Europe is frankly laughable. Has anyone noticed the further waves of job losses recently? It seems to me that ordinary people will call time on this nonsense and put all these politicians out of their misery fairly soon.

Surely the time has come to punish politicians who lose truckloads of our money and then expect a ginormous pension, perks and payoff !!

The baskets would concentrate a lot more on the job in hand if they faced unlimited fines imho I expect the has beens are very comfortable in the best houses, in the best areas and laughing at the masses struggling for a crust !

Where are all those billions of refinancing ending up ? The Swiss have developed that inscrutable look but I think we know , don't we ?

The Idea that Sarkozy would give up French Sovereignty in his election year is just a joke

hopes of an agreement in March ?

keep your eyes on April 1st

Looks like a weazle, acts like a weazle and is the current boss of bosses !

While Frau Frumpi should stick to making plum pudding.

Looks like the markets are delivering their verdict on the "accord" :LOL:

Bleeding markets what do they know. About time too.

I predicted this stuff last year and they are delivering it to me for xmas :)

No **** Sherlock comes to mind... (y)