The end of the EU

What hypocracy
The EU and other financial leaders talk up austerity for the masses while meeting at THE MOST EXPENSIVE place on the planet - Davos

Typical imho. I for one can't work up much sympathy/support for those useless people who caused the problem mostly, as they wine and dine themselves at our expense. The bums

Put them on trial for incompetence and negligence imho - that would take their greedy minds off the caviar and back onto solving the fiscal problem

Last edited:
What hypocracy
The EU and other financial leaders talk up austerity for the masses while meeting at THE MOST EXPENSIVE place on the planet - Davos

Typical imho. I for one can't work up much sympathy/support for those useless people who caused the problem mostly, as they wine and dine themselves at our expense. The bums

Put them on trial for incompetence and negligence imho - that would take their greedy minds off the caviar and back onto solving the fiscal problem

Much like the crock of **** coming from the Tory party about reigning in the Fat Cat stupid bonuses for sinking companies.

Pension Funds and Shareholders already have the ability to vote down these rewards and never exercise their voting rights so what's the point.

Also saying no to employee representitive sitting on golf ranges or salary determination committee's whatever they like to call it is proof of much ado about eff all.

What's changed to stop these greedy elite management *******s running British Industry into the ground.

Useless bunch of sly greasy slimey silver spoon fed fockers.

I am surprised that the EU has decided to lead the charge against Iran, since the EU is one of their biggest customers.

The EU , a hopeless collection of countries in a rotten system is fundamentally bankrupt.It should get itself into some sort of order before embarking on yet another expensive war in the Middle East. The only beneficiary being Israel ! A country built mainly on land stolen off its neighbours !

But do you want to see Ahmadinejad with nuclear weapons? I dont think Israel would be the only scared country in that scenario.

EU has lead the charge after the event at the British Consulate. Unfortunately to get China & Japan to say no to their oil is a bit like saying to an alcoholic 'fancy a few weeks off the grogg''?

But do you want to see Ahmadinejad with nuclear weapons? I dont think Israel would be the only scared country in that scenario.

EU has lead the charge after the event at the British Consulate. Unfortunately to get China & Japan to say no to their oil is a bit like saying to an alcoholic 'fancy a few weeks off the grogg''?

You mean Iran with nuclear weapons? Ahmadinejad is simply a tool. And yes why not? The region needs balance and some justice. US tramps around the globe 000s of miles in pursuit of its interest telling Iran like it wants to.

Israel it's little rotwiller likewise.

Which other countries have an issue with Iran having nuclear weapons then?

Even Israeli intelligence does not believe Iran will use nuclear weapons when it gets them. They are merely for electricity and a deterrent.

It suits politicians to justify their self fullfilling arguements imho.

simplest option would be, iran wants nuclear power...give it to them. have american companies build and maintain nuclear power plants..in return for discount oil. done.

Nuclear power = better infrastructure... can't have people thinking the middle east isn't just full of rag heads now can we?

Yet another interesting article.

BBC News - Did Germany sow the seeds of the eurozone debt crisis?

The Maastricht Treaty criteria
The euro logo

Inflation: No more than 1.5 percentage points higher than the average of the three best performing (lowest inflation) EU member states
Annual government deficit: No more than 3% of GDP
Government debt: No more than 60% of GDP
Exchange rate: Must be a member of the European Exchange Mechanism for at least two consecutive years, with no devaluations during that time
Long-term interest rates: No more than 2 percentage points higher than in the three lowest inflation member states

Rules are there to be broken!

All this fiasco is like - let's see who can do a better job at following rules, NOT! :cheesy:

I can almost see potential for the rise of the ze Germans again, taking control of the entire euro zone just as they have always dreamed. people keep thinking the next big one will be with china/iran etc..but maybe it will be with the old enemy. another Germany vs USA would be a Keynesian wet dream lol.

wow those rules went out the window! lol

Yes exactly. I remember the 3% EMS snake band etc but don't remember really when they went.

I also don't recall much razzmatazz about it either. I do remember Nigel Lawson trying to maintain the £ in that band using interest rates - supposedly un be-known to Mrs T.

Well it just goes to show the PIIGS that two wrongs don't make a right...

No-one wants a German budget commissar | Presseurop (English)

The idea of pinning the second Greek bail-out on the acceptance by Athens of supervision by a European budget commissioner, a German proposal unveiled on the eve of the January 30 European Council meeting, is nothing less than a violation of state sovereignty, according to the European press.

alien-life.jpg

It's democracy but not as we know it? A rare alien species has taken over zee Lady Merkel:-0

Poor ole Greece - suffering now from major riots and unrest !

But should their invention of democracy be partially to blame ?

And does this signal the end of democracy as we know it - being too feeble to make the right decisions in time and now that it has all gone wrong - too feeble to do what's needed ?

It looks like a one party state system as in China may have to be seriously considered as THE replacement. Watch out rioters in that case, as you are destroying what protects you. In China rioters get shot !!

Poor ole Greece - suffering now from major riots and unrest !

But should their invention of democracy be partially to blame ?

And does this signal the end of democracy as we know it - being too feeble to make the right decisions in time and now that it has all gone wrong - too feeble to do what's needed ?

It looks like a one party state system as in China may have to be seriously considered as THE replacement. Watch out rioters in that case, as you are destroying what protects you. In China rioters get shot !!

The difference with rioters in China and with our parents and grandparents at the turn of the last century is that they were fighting for something that they had never had whilst we are fighting to preserve what we have got.

I wonder which is the biggest incentive?

Should the rest of the Europeans cut Greece loose to preserve what they have achieved or should we all go down the drain together, because if the other countries, like Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Italy need funds and they will, where is the money going to come from? In fact, thinking about it, we have, already gone past our capabilities for helping each other.

Greece is going to have elections in April. This is going to be good!

Greece is going to have elections in April. This is going to be good!

Is it ?
They have had all the likely parties and various compositions of parties, Who can they elect now that is new and has vision etc. ?

The various has beens who were in charge during the making of these troubles might well be worried !! Retribution ? Could happen !! And some would argue should happen, if only to send a clear signal to future politicians not to monkey about with the country's finances or else !!

:mad:

Is it ?
They have had all the likely parties and various compositions of parties, Who can they elect now that is new and has vision etc. ?

The various has beens who were in charge during the making of these troubles might well be worried !! Retribution ? Could happen !! And some would argue should happen, if only to send a clear signal to future politicians not to monkey about with the country's finances or else !!

:mad:

:D Socrates!!

:D Socrates!!

The first step to wisdom is realizing how much you dont know .

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.

Just 2 Socratese quotes but you are probably thinking of another ? which is ?

Just to think that 1/3rd of the world is tied to the bible
and another 1/3rd to the Koran
we really haven't progressed much in the last 2,000 years !!
Both cutting edge philosophies in their day and still relevent in parts but........................you guessed - way out of date overall

ditto capitalism and democracy

The first step to wisdom is realizing how much you dont know .

Death may be the greatest of all human blessings.

Just 2 Socratese quotes but you are probably thinking of another ? which is ?

Just to think that 1/3rd of the world is tied to the bible
and another 1/3rd to the Koran
we really haven't progressed much in the last 2,000 years !!
Both cutting edge philosophies in their day and still relevent in parts but........................you guessed - way out of date overall

ditto capitalism and democracy

The one I have in mind is still alive, I think. His threads are considered tio be classics, by some. Not by me, I would add.

Never mind, he's a bit OT, I was having a joke.