The Daily Index Trader

I subscribe to a blog called `The market maven` by a guy called Steve Markman. He has been advertising the Daily index trader for a few weeks and ran an interview with Martin Carter on his blog. Of course this could all be the work of one man working out of a bedsitter in Scunthorpe I guess. We`re a bit trusting down here in NZ...

Out of interest, can I ask why are people interested in buying a "System" when they do tend to have bad names for themselves, against developing your own system and learning..?

Haven't read the whole thread, but would someone please explain why there's so much interest in a 'system' that is apparently quite expensive to buy and loses money?

Hi Steve, if the bootleg version is on a CD or DVD then it will almost certainly have the evaluator on it. Afterall, that is what everyone has paid for lawfully. I have just checked now to see if it is still available and i am pleased to say it isnt. So, with any luck there shouldnt be too many bootleg copies in circulation. The passwords need to come from Martin as he is the only person that knows the customer database. Either that or he lets someone have a list of existing and new customers but that probably wont be allowed due to the DPA etc etc. Its amazing how one idiot thinking he/she can make a quick buck could cause so much trouble for everyone else. Anyway, have a good weekend, lets see some winning runs with DIT from now on. They do happen, i have been there smiling all the way to the end of each week so i am keeping positive about this system. Like ive said many times before, we all should be here for the long term and triple digit gains on a yearly basis tears strips off any city fund manager :LOL:

Hi Steve,

I mentioned in an earlier post that Martin Carter/Mark Rose have said that they don't want to get involved in the forum because they are too busy. Which I find a bit disappointing.

Hi SteveBanks,

Re the password, your suggestion is as good as any. I can understand why Mark Rose or Martin Carter would not want to be involved, and also the difficulties of getting legitimate purchasers, however a suggestion would be for the 'entry' question to be the current password for the previous week. All subscribers will get that, and as new members want to join they and existing will have this information.

As I understand you may be administering this private forum (?) , there is no point making things more difficult or worrying about bootleg copies as they will pop up from time to time.

Just a thought. Rich 3

For clarity, the password I mean for the security question is the weekly DIT password issued each Friday. Rich £

Hi SteveBanks,

Re the password, your suggestion is as good as any. I can understand why Mark Rose or Martin Carter would not want to be involved, and also the difficulties of getting legitimate purchasers, however a suggestion would be for the 'entry' question to be the current password for the previous week. All subscribers will get that, and as new members want to join they and existing will have this information.

As I understand you may be administering this private forum (?) , there is no point making things more difficult or worrying about bootleg copies as they will pop up from time to time.

For clarity, the password I mean for the security question is the weekly DIT password issued each Friday.

Just a thought. Rich 3

Totally agree Rich, spot on!

(y)

Hi SteveBanks,

Just a thought. Rich 3

Hi Rich,

absolute genius. By far and away the best idea and will also be right up to date every week for new buyers of the system. Brilliant! :clap:

On the subject of Mark/Martin, If Mark was trying to hide the fact that he was developing the system, why bother using his name at all? He could surely have just used another alias........

On the subject of Mark/Martin, If Mark was trying to hide the fact that he was developing the system, why bother using his name at all? He could surely have just used another alias........

Yes. You've got a point. When all's said and done though it's whether the system makes money so I'm looking forward to next week. Ever the optimist :)

Might be a good idea to read the whole thread :)

OK, in the absence of drying paint to watch, I've done as suggested. Sorry to be cynical, but still not impressed.

Having ploughed through the whole thread, I'm still mystified why there's so much interest in what seems to be a suspect system.
Remember that something that worked for a few days/months/years may never work again.
Ask yourself why anyone would bother selling a system if it really did work. Why go to the trouble, if you have something running up a guaranteed profit that will turn you into a multi-zillionaire with compounding?
Apart from anything else, you have to pick up an odour of rodent when the vendor recommends using Gekko (in my experience one the most unreliable SBs) so he can rake in introductory bonuses.
For absolutely no fee you can have a simple set and forget system that's 100% guaranteed not to lose: go long on any index and hold.:)

'go long on any index and hold'

Well that isn't a very good suggestion - my husband held on to his FTSE100 shares for about 8 years and didnt even make break-even when he sold them recently. I think you need to qualify that with 'and keep a close eye on the markets'.

Well that isn't a very good suggestion - my husband held on to his FTSE100 shares for about 8 years and didnt even make break-even when he sold them recently. I think you need to qualify that with 'and keep a close eye on the markets'.

Hi sarnia,

yes, considering there's about to be a massive slump I can't see the logic either.

I think our friend is just bored and looking to stir. Oh well. Such is life.:rolleyes:

Hi Neil,

I've been trying to chase up T2W and had hoped to hear something by this weekend. So far, nothing.

You're right about the password. Also it differs from SFT in that once you have been accepted by answering the security question you don't have to keep entering a password when you log on and access the forum.

With regards to the password I wanted to run an idea past members. Because a bootleg version of the system has been available on CD or DVD I'm assuming that it won't have the Evaluator on it. So rather than just ask a question with the answer in the manual I thought that a question with an answer that can only be found in the Evaluator would be a better idea. Then only those who have paid full price for the genuine article would qualify.

What do you think? :)

Hi, seems a good idea to me. There is some scope for detailed discussion on this. While I also have had a poor run recently I am not giving in just yet. Look forward to a private forum on this...

OK, in the absence of drying paint to watch, I've done as suggested. Sorry to be cynical, but still not impressed.

Having ploughed through the whole thread, I'm still mystified why there's so much interest in what seems to be a suspect system.
Remember that something that worked for a few days/months/years may never work again.
Ask yourself why anyone would bother selling a system if it really did work. Why go to the trouble, if you have something running up a guaranteed profit that will turn you into a multi-zillionaire with compounding?
Apart from anything else, you have to pick up an odour of rodent when the vendor recommends using Gekko (in my experience one the most unreliable SBs) so he can rake in introductory bonuses.
For absolutely no fee you can have a simple set and forget system that's 100% guaranteed not to lose: go long on any index and hold.:)

Your apology for being cynical is accepted.

Please accept my advance apology for being blunt. If you find this subject and it's thread such a complete and utter waste of time and of no interest to you may I suggest you read another thread that enthrals you a bit more. I believe there are others at Trade2Win. If you can't find them on your own you can email support to assist you.

Tally Ho! :D

It's just a fact, if you think about it. The only way to guarantee you don't make a losing trade is to buy and hold. Statistically, the longer you live, the more likely the position is to be in profit when you pop your clogs.

Your apology for being cynical is accepted.

Please accept my advance apology for being blunt. If you find this subject and it's thread such a complete and utter waste of time and of no interest to you may I suggest you read another thread that enthrals you a bit more. I believe there are others at Trade2Win. If you can't find them on your own you can email support to assist you.

Tally Ho! :D

Be as blunt as you like. I'm not stirring, it's just that after ten years in this game I've seen so many people waste money on systems and strategies that are unlikely to make a profit. As someone else suggested, the time and effort would be better spent reading Dante's thread and using the ideas to develop a way of trading that works.