The Daily Index Trader

'go long on any index and hold'

Well that isn't a very good suggestion - my husband held on to his FTSE100 shares for about 8 years and didnt even make break-even when he sold them recently. I think you need to qualify that with 'and keep a close eye on the markets'.

although Ross wasn't very clear, it's not as stupid as it may seem. The FTSE100 "index" consists of the top 100 shares within any 1/4 year, it gets reevaluated every 1/4, hence holding onto a specific "stock" is not the same as holding onto the "index", as the index constituents is changing. Simple such strategy that Ross might be eluding to is:
1. Determine ("best guess"!) current market trend, bull/bear
2. (Assuming "bull" as example) Buy index at some pullback
3. Set stop at say -3% (or previous low), trail daily stop using some favourite method etc..
Rather simple, won't make a huge profit, but will make a profit!

It's just a fact, if you think about it. The only way to guarantee you don't make a losing trade is to buy and hold. Statistically, the longer you live, the more likely the position is to be in profit when you pop your clogs.

I personally trade a medium term strategy holding stocks for 1-2 months picking up big profitable price swings in strong stocks. So holding longer certainly helps! It's certainly worked for me just about doubled my account this year...

although Ross wasn't very clear, it's not as stupid as it may seem. The FTSE100 "index" consists of the top 100 shares within any 1/4 year, it gets reevaluated every 1/4, hence holding onto a specific "stock" is not the same as holding onto the "index", as the index constituents is changing. Simple such strategy that Ross might be eluding to is:
1. Determine ("best guess"!) current market trend, bull/bear
2. (Assuming "bull" as example) Buy index at some pullback
3. Set stop at say -3% (or previous low), trail daily stop using some favourite method etc..
Rather simple, won't make a huge profit, but will make a profit!

for reference, try looking at barjon's "swingin' the ftse 2010" thread on the UK Indicies forums for further advanced ideas on this sort of swing trading...

Leonarda

I am aware that the FTSE100 is an index of the top 100 FTSE shares - my husband bought FTSE 100 tracker shares after the twin towers episode thinking he'd make a nice profit - he sold them a few weeks ago at a loss. Therefore go long on an idex and holding as suggested is a not a good recommendation on its own. Your suggestion, however, I cannot disagree with.

Be as blunt as you like. I'm not stirring, it's just that after ten years in this game I've seen so many people waste money on systems and strategies that are unlikely to make a profit. As someone else suggested, the time and effort would be better spent reading Dante's thread and using the ideas to develop a way of trading that works.

You don't have to have read all the thread, just the last few days, to realise that all this has already been discussed. It's admirable that you have a crusade to save people from themselves with regards to advising them on what you think will and won't make money.

You're not the only one whose been around for 10 years. Some of us longer. So it is quite patronising to come on this thread and start lecturing. Especially when it's been discussed in a more mature way before.There's been a lot of promotion of Dante in the last week (so you've added nothing new with that) and people have been given details of how to access the thread on T2W. Now you can promote it elsewhere.

This thread is about Daily Index Trader. You have given your opinion and are entitled to give it. But if you aren't going to give constructive contributions about DIT you would be better off patronising another thread and leave this free for those who come here for DIT analysis.

Leonarda

I am aware that the FTSE100 is an index of the top 100 FTSE shares - my husband bought FTSE 100 tracker shares after the twin towers episode thinking he'd make a nice profit - he sold them a few weeks ago at a loss. Therefore go long on an idex and holding as suggested is a not a good recommendation on its own. Your suggestion, however, I cannot disagree with.

That's missing the point: he's only made a losing trade because he's sold his shares.

You don't have to have read all the thread, just the last few days, to realise that all this has already been discussed. It's admirable that you have a crusade to save people from themselves with regards to advising them on what you think will and won't make money.

You're not the only one whose been around for 10 years. Some of us longer. So it is quite patronising to come on this thread and start lecturing. Especially when it's been discussed in a more mature way before.There's been a lot of promotion of Dante in the last week (so you've added nothing new with that) and people have been given details of how to access the thread on T2W. Now you can promote it elsewhere.

This thread is about Daily Index Trader. You have given your opinion and are entitled to give it. But if you aren't going to give constructive contributions about DIT you would be better off patronising another thread and leave this free for those who come here for DIT analysis.

Steve, I don't see how I've been patronising or lecturing, and I'm well aware that some here have been trading for a lot longer than ten years, although I'd be surprised if anyone in that category would have bought the DIT CD.
All I was doing was throwing doubt on what appears to be a flawed system that will probably only make money for the vendor, the aim being to stop newbies making the same mistakes as I did with umpteen similar allegedly profitable strategies. Good luck with it.

Steve, I don't see how I've been patronising or lecturing, and I'm well aware that some here have been trading for a lot longer than ten years, although I'd be surprised if anyone in that category would have bought the DIT CD.
All I was doing was throwing doubt on what appears to be a flawed system that will probably only make money for the vendor, the aim being to stop newbies making the same mistakes as I did with umpteen similar allegedly profitable strategies. Good luck with it.

Yes, you've got to let them try and see.. if it really works then it's great for them, if the market has changed and it doesn't, then I hope some of the comments here will make them have a go at learning some of the very useful "nuggets" (dare I use that word :)) on these forums...

Yes, you've got to let them try and see.. if it really works then it's great for them, if the market has changed and it doesn't, then I hope some of the comments here will make them have a go at learning some of the very useful "nuggets" (dare I use that word :)) on these forums...

Hi leonarda,

that's right. I think all the members here who have bought DIT are aware of views that say it can't or won't make money. And are trialling it aware that there is a 45 day money back guarantee and will not hesitate to return it if not satisfied.

People like Ross Spur are obviously bitter people who have had bad experiences and have gone slightly nutty and pessimistic about life and everything in general.

You have given constructive criticism and statistical information and many thanks for that. It's very welcome.:)

I am not an experienced trader, but DIT grabbed me not necessarily by its marketing which tends to be optimistic for all such systems , but by the positive comments from members who have trialled it so far.
I am concerned about the current problem with correlation and its impact on success, and that the system creator will not at this stage look more closely at why this is affecting success. In effect, the current problem is wiping out success over the last two to three months.

But this is based on set and forget, and what I hope to get from this forum is any ideas on improving it for all of us, and if not to chalk it up to experience. I don't see that the Gekko platform helps in this, but IG seems to be more user friendly except for its minimum trade level. I am all for agreeing with some of the earlier posts in that you get a feel for MM with live trades.
I have got confirmation from Martin C that the 'Enhanced Profits' calculator works only on past trades, and when it said 'No trade 0.00' this was because fridays were not successful.

Not sure what to do for Monday. Good luck Rich 3

I am not an experienced trader, but DIT grabbed me not necessarily by its marketing which tends to be optimistic for all such systems , but by the positive comments from members who have trialled it so far.
I am concerned about the current problem with correlation and its impact on success, and that the system creator will not at this stage look more closely at why this is affecting success. In effect, the current problem is wiping out success over the last two to three months.

But this is based on set and forget, and what I hope to get from this forum is any ideas on improving it for all of us, and if not to chalk it up to experience. I don't see that the Gekko platform helps in this, but IG seems to be more user friendly except for its minimum trade level. I am all for agreeing with some of the earlier posts in that you get a feel for MM with live trades.
I have got confirmation from Martin C that the 'Enhanced Profits' calculator works only on past trades, and when it said 'No trade 0.00' this was because fridays were not successful.

Not sure what to do for Monday. Good luck Rich 3

I couldn't have put it better Rich. All Martin C has said when asked is that it's part of the normal twists and turns the system has experienced before over the 12 months.

Those who were Beta Testers have the benefit of only seeing their profits eroded whereas those who started trading in the last few weeks have seen a loss from their initial fund. I don't think that's it's a question of organised deception in any way. After all it's impossible to control the markets to fit in with a system launch.

As you say the key reason for the private forum is to have open discussion on any views on how the system maybe tweaked to enhance it. This may or may not be possible but it would be interesting to hear ideas as there appears to be some members who have already indicated they have theories.

Also maybe new members might want to paper trade and gain information to make a decision on the system by reading the results and opinions of those who are trading with real money. If it's negative then they can return it and get their money back without it costing them anything. Not such a good result for those who are using the hard earned.

I think this coming week will be decisive for some. It needs to produce not just a winning week but a full house of 5 winning days to start to restore confidence.

So good luck to everyone :)

People like Ross Spur are obviously bitter people who have had bad experiences and have gone slightly nutty and pessimistic about life and everything in general.

Based on about three posts daring to doubt that DIT is a viable system, that seems like a rather rash assumption to make. Are you sure you don't have some sort of vested interest here, Steve?:)

Based on about three posts daring to doubt that DIT is a viable system, that seems like a rather rash assumption to make. Are you sure you don't have some sort of vested interest here, Steve?:)

Again. If you had taken the time to read any of the thread you would see that all this has been discussed before. If I sound impatient with you it's because the basic good sense for any one whose at all rational is to actually read a thread rather than just coming up with posts that have been addressed before.

To not bother taking the time to familiarise yourself with a thread is disrespectful to those who use it and means your opinions cannot be given any serious consideration.

You certainly seem to now be displaying paranoid tendencies. Not good. Either read the thread and come up with something constructive that hasn't been covered before or stop wasting everyone's time.

Again. If you had taken the time to read any of the thread you would see that all this has been discussed before. If I sound impatient with you it's because the basic good sense for any one whose at all rational is to actually read a thread rather than just coming up with posts that have been addressed before.

To not bother taking the time to familiarise yourself with a thread is disrespectful to those who use it and means your opinions cannot be given any serious consideration.

You certainly seem to now be displaying paranoid tendencies. Not good. Either read the thread and come up with something constructive that hasn't been covered before or stop wasting everyone's time.

Talking of paranoia, you obviously haven't read post #514.

Talking of paranoia, you obviously haven't read post #514.

There is no relevance. Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word. Do you cloak your identity from appearing in the list of those viewing the thread because you have a kind of lurker or stalking mentality. You seem very creepy to me. I have been told that forums always harbour weirdos but please go away now and lurk somewhere else you are an extremely tiresome individual who needs to get a life. Farewell.

Good luck with that steve
What is your connection with this company ??
my only interest is to warn people to think about who they are sending money to.
I have no problem with people selling the fruits of there hard work, but misleading people and deception is a whole different game.
For everyone else , dont worry the refund is underwritten by a company with a long and proud history going all the way back to april.

Steve when they claim you can start with £100 and give the impression that thousands per month are not only achievable but seem to be normal , do you believe that is a fair representation of the product ???

How much does the system cost?

Leonarda

You can't do that. I have done well in the period from Twin Towers, including being involved in some takeovers. I've, also, lost on some shares. You have to monitor your shares on a regular basis, just buying and holding for eight years on someone's advice is asking for trouble.

not sure how much splitlink , its part of a pepetual churn of many systems they sell. None of which work. I,m sure the marketing people that are populating this thread can advise you. in fact its easy to become an associate and earn off it , after all thats the whole point. The last two systems that i know off this seller were withdrawn after total failure. the system designer does not exist in the real world, so why anybody pays attention to all those fancy results he refers to i have no idea

not sure how much splitlink , its part of a pepetual churn of many systems they sell. None of which work. I,m sure the marketing people that are populating this thread can advise you. in fact its easy to become an associate and earn off it , after all thats the whole point. The last two systems that i know off this seller were withdrawn after total failure. the system designer does not exist in the real world, so why anybody pays attention to all those fancy results he refers to i have no idea

Thanks, I was just curious, because there have been a lot of posts over the last few days and it seemed strange that, although there is a promise of a refund after 45 days and much talk of it, no.one has mentioned the actual sum involved, as if they are ashamed to say.

There is no relevance. Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word. Do you cloak your identity from appearing in the list of those viewing the thread because you have a kind of lurker or stalking mentality. You seem very creepy to me. I have been told that forums always harbour weirdos but please go away now and lurk somewhere else you are an extremely tiresome individual who needs to get a life. Farewell.

The relevance is that you said I hadn't read the thread, which isn't true, as you'd know if you'd read post #514. And btw, I'm not monitoring this 24/7, so my name won't necessarily appear. Why this matters to you, I can't imagine. In fact, I don't understand why you're so bothered by the slightest bit of negativity towards DIT - unless you have some connection with the vendor, of course.

Obviously, I do agree that forums always harbour weirdos.