The Daily Index Trader

whether rightly or wrongly at the moment I'm with SteveB on this and the only way is to trade with real money (small stakes) as you experience the emotion rather than with paper trading. Enhanced system kept me out today due to previous losing fridays. Was lucky enough to have taken a previous decent run of winners so not hurting as much as others.

The senior/veteran/legendary members don't like this much and I guess they are senior/veteran/legend because they've been round a bit and have seen it all before. Some don't like risk/reward 2:1 and would prefer it the other way round but I would rather have risk:reward 2:1 if the success ratio was anywhere above 66% because long term I'd win rather than risk:reward 1:1 where success ratio was below 50% because I'd lose. Now all we need is this darned thing to deliver above 66% and get back to its long term average of 75%. Have a top weekend

Hi Steve,

I think the system is worth following, but I don't trade it everyday regardless- it's something I use along with other methods and I take what I've learned plus various daily info to decide whether to trade DIT or not. I've traded it twice over the last 6 days with one winner and one loser which was yesterday, although I cut the trade early when the DAX got stopped out very quickly and the CAC then just ambled along. I've done this before and lost out, so it's swings and roundabouts but if I think a trade is going against me I will always look to get out.

If the markets start trending again I will undoubtedly use it more, but it' is only part of my overall trading 'plan', (sounds grander than it is), along with FNT variants and FTSE trading. I am always looking for new additions- currently I am looking for an evening strategy- as well as trying to learn all I can about technical analysis. I'm not trying to appear smug- it's taken me 10 years and thousands of pounds to finally learn that you have to have a business-like mentality and strict money management to get anywhere. (I used to think 'Ooh the markets going up- I'll buy!!', then be stunned when I lost yet more money).

I started again earlier this year with a plan, a few hundred pounds and some new found discipline and I've made modest progress. I think you actually said it was a marathon, not a sprint and you're right. I think DIT will come back to us but in the meantime I am happy to use other methods. I know it's supposed to be a daily, set & forget system but I don't think anyone should trade blindly!

I should point out by the way that when I was Beta-testing this I traded every day using the enhanced profits plan exactly as directed by the evaluator!

Steve, I assume no further news on taking this forum private?

The reason I ask (just to provide a positive note at the end of an otherwise depressing week) is that I've been papertrading a very logical spin on this system for the last 6 days, placing hedged trades on 2 completely separate instruments each day.

Over the last 6 days (not long, I know), it's made a net 242.4 pts profit before spread, including 2 successful hedged trades that were still open at 1.30pm today when the NFP news broke.

I would be interested to hear what some of the more experienced traders think of the concept but don't want to discuss this in an open forum, but would be happy to share my thoughts once this goes private... at which point of course, it will then fail to perform!

Steve, I assume no further news on taking this forum private?

The reason I ask (just to provide a positive note at the end of an otherwise depressing week) is that I've been papertrading a very logical spin on this system for the last 6 days, placing hedged trades on 2 completely separate instruments each day.

Over the last 6 days (not long, I know), it's made a net 242.4 pts profit before spread, including 2 successful hedged trades that were still open at 1.30pm today when the NFP news broke.

I would be interested to hear what some of the more experienced traders think of the concept but don't want to discuss this in an open forum, but would be happy to share my thoughts once this goes private... at which point of course, it will then fail to perform!

Hi Ade, sounds interesting. Yes Steve, is there any way of hurrying up the private forum? Not your fault I know of course. Is there a certain critical mass of members we have to reach?

Steve, It would make sense if the password when it goes private, is generated by Martin (not by T2W) and emailed to those who have bought the system.

Hi Steve,

I think the system is worth following, but I don't trade it everyday regardless- it's something I use along with other methods and I take what I've learned plus various daily info to decide whether to trade DIT or not. I've traded it twice over the last 6 days with one winner and one loser which was yesterday, although I cut the trade early when the DAX got stopped out very quickly and the CAC then just ambled along. I've done this before and lost out, so it's swings and roundabouts but if I think a trade is going against me I will always look to get out.

If the markets start trending again I will undoubtedly use it more, but it' is only part of my overall trading 'plan', (sounds grander than it is), along with FNT variants and FTSE trading. I am always looking for new additions- currently I am looking for an evening strategy- as well as trying to learn all I can about technical analysis. I'm not trying to appear smug- it's taken me 10 years and thousands of pounds to finally learn that you have to have a business-like mentality and strict money management to get anywhere. (I used to think 'Ooh the markets going up- I'll buy!!', then be stunned when I lost yet more money).

I started again earlier this year with a plan, a few hundred pounds and some new found discipline and I've made modest progress. I think you actually said it was a marathon, not a sprint and you're right. I think DIT will come back to us but in the meantime I am happy to use other methods. I know it's supposed to be a daily, set & forget system but I don't think anyone should trade blindly!

I should point out by the way that when I was Beta-testing this I traded every day using the enhanced profits plan exactly as directed by the evaluator!

Hi annicx

You don't sound smug, just sensible.

In fact nobody on here sounds smug - not even the obviously very experienced people. There are some insulting people, sure, but I haven't come across smug.

In my turn I don't intend to sound smug either, but I think I have reached your point of awareness without having gone through the process of losing thousands. I set up a pot of about £500 a couple of years ago when I first heard about one of these systems (actually system is too grandiose a word) and as with a lot of these things it worked very well for a few days, and then I got some losses. At that point I sort of went on 'tilt' as the poker players say (in spite of having instinctively used a rudimentary money management system up until then) and lost the whole lot. Actually, the only reason I did that was the very fact that I HAD set up the pot with money I could afford, financially and psychologically, to lose, and therefore paradoxically I was happy to have one last throw, like putting it all on zero at the roulette table. If I won, then I'd carry on, and if I lost then it wouldn't hurt and I'd have proven to myself that these systems don't work and I could forget about them forever. As it is, it is probably a blessing that I didn't win, because with that sort of mentality I might then have gone on to lose a lot more!

But then the DIT sounded interesting, and I got lured back in. So here I am.

But I agree with your 'no quick fix' philosophy, although I do believe that with hard work and shrewd judgment I might be able to conjure another income out of this stuff.

I just bought some books on the subject and I'm also sort of looking for a mentor. Another contributor to this site very kindly also sent me his 'Trader Dante' notes, which are very interesting. Certainly when I wanted to get into buying property to let I looked for a mentor and found one, with the result that I now have quite a decent portfolio. So if you know anybody or have any ideas then I'd like to hear, and if we could get that private forum up and running then that would be very helpful.

If you have the time it would be good to hear more about your 'plan', although I'm really just writing this to add to the sum total of friendly comments!

Hi Ade

With the password, I believe who wants to join the private forum is asked to answer a question set by the administrator the answer is in the manual, so only people who have bought the system and have the manual will be able to answer the quetion and then be allowed to join the private forum. The administator is not T2W I am assuming it will be SteveBanks

Last edited:
I concur that strict Money Management and a 'business plan' is the way to trade. This is a business unless you just have money you want to blow quickly .......... and if you do can I save you the time and hassle of having to be around at 9.15 am for a few weeks until you get pi**ed off or broke or both and save all that heart ache and just send it to me instead! I'd prefer cash rather than cheques.

Tongue in cheek but the message is clear - treat your spread betting seriously with proper MM or not at all - I've learned from personal experience and whilst I heard everyone say the same to me when I started it was only by blindly losing money that I realised unless you havde a strategy Mr Market or more particularly Mr Broker is the only person who wins. Anyway have a top weekend everyone.:cool:

Hi Ade

With the password, I believe who wants to join the private forum is asked to answer a question set by the administrator the answer is in the manual, so only people who have bought the system and have the manual will be able to answer the quetion and then be allowed to join the private forum. The administator is not T2W I am assuming it will be SteveBanks

Hi Neil,

I've been trying to chase up T2W and had hoped to hear something by this weekend. So far, nothing.

You're right about the password. Also it differs from SFT in that once you have been accepted by answering the security question you don't have to keep entering a password when you log on and access the forum.

With regards to the password I wanted to run an idea past members. Because a bootleg version of the system has been available on CD or DVD I'm assuming that it won't have the Evaluator on it. So rather than just ask a question with the answer in the manual I thought that a question with an answer that can only be found in the Evaluator would be a better idea. Then only those who have paid full price for the genuine article would qualify.

What do you think? :)

Hi all,

is everyone happy with the security question being based on the Evaluator?

Please post a comment or send me a private message if you disagree or have any other ideas.

Hopefully T2W will approve us early next week.

S

Steve, It would make sense if the password when it goes private, is generated by Martin (not by T2W) and emailed to those who have bought the system.

Hi Ade,

great idea but Mark Rose, the publisher, has said that their too busy to get involved with the forum. It would have been the most effective method of regulating membership but we'll have to go down the security question route.

S

Hi Ade, sounds interesting. Yes Steve, is there any way of hurrying up the private forum? Not your fault I know of course. Is there a certain critical mass of members we have to reach?

Hi Astarte,

we have enough members wanting to take part in the private forum and are just waiting for T2W to approve. Hopefully soon :)

But the returns made by the creator Martin were made on the strict basis of setting and forgetting, so surely one persons performance equals all persons performance and therefore a winning system if the rules are followed. Sorry to look at this in such a basic manner, but i try and keep things that way. Dont get me wrong I am still not 100% convinced by it, but am certainly happy to keep it going for at least the 45 days to make a more informed decision. Im not sure why if a system that makes 400% then it will get wiped out? Does seem a rather sweeping statement, I hope there is a simplistic system out there that does make money, who knows this could be it..

Hi Ian,

I've bought this system and traded with it since last Tuesday, I'm a newcomer to index trading. I have discovered timing, even 15mins, can make the difference between winning and losing trades with this system, reading other people's experiences has re-inforced this. One morning I placed a trade @ 0930 and lost when most appeared to have won, whereas yesterday I traded early 0858 and won. In these circumstances it would be difficult to standardise performance over the short term in a 'flat' index. Still waiting for a result today although I believe a lot of people decided not to trade today. I went with it as this system is meant to deal with volatility.

Tel

Some of you will remember that earlier in the thread I relayed the information I got from Martin Carter with regards to the Enhanced Profit setting picking up when the two markets suddenly started to trade in a way that wasn't possible to trade using Daily Index Trader.

Well as we know the markets haven't correlated well in the last few days and certainly not today and sure enough my Evaluator has told me not to trade today to protect my funds.

Has anyone else's Evaluator given them a no trade signal?

Hi Steve,

Not yet, I've been using DIT with Enhanced Profit for 2 weeks.

Tel

Hi Ian,

I've bought this system and traded with it since last Tuesday, I'm a newcomer to index trading. I have discovered timing, even 15mins, can make the difference between winning and losing trades with this system, reading other people's experiences has re-inforced this. One morning I placed a trade @ 0930 and lost when most appeared to have won, whereas yesterday I traded early 0858 and won. In these circumstances it would be difficult to standardise performance over the short term in a 'flat' index. Still waiting for a result today although I believe a lot of people decided not to trade today. I went with it as this system is meant to deal with volatility.

Tel

Hi Terry

I completely accept that, as had similar experiences myself, I am going by the 9.15am trade time in the manual, so now I am literally on the trigger waiting for 9.15am to tick over. I know it also says there is a little descretion either side but I guess the results are based on 9.15am prompt so that is what I am trying to stick to.

Hi Terry

I completely accept that, as had similar experiences myself, I am going by the 9.15am trade time in the manual, so now I am literally on the trigger waiting for 9.15am to tick over. I know it also says there is a little descretion either side but I guess the results are based on 9.15am prompt so that is what I am trying to stick to.

Ian,

only way to do it as I see it to get true picture. Although, I am confused as I've read other people losing out today yet I'm a few pips away from a win???? the evaluator told me to go long on DAX, short on CAC, I managed to place trades near on 0915.

Tel

Hi all,

is everyone happy with the security question being based on the Evaluator?

Please post a comment or send me a private message if you disagree or have any other ideas.

Hopefully T2W will approve us early next week.

S

Hi Steve, if the bootleg version is on a CD or DVD then it will almost certainly have the evaluator on it. Afterall, that is what everyone has paid for lawfully. I have just checked now to see if it is still available and i am pleased to say it isnt. So, with any luck there shouldnt be too many bootleg copies in circulation. The passwords need to come from Martin as he is the only person that knows the customer database. Either that or he lets someone have a list of existing and new customers but that probably wont be allowed due to the DPA etc etc. Its amazing how one idiot thinking he/she can make a quick buck could cause so much trouble for everyone else. Anyway, have a good weekend, lets see some winning runs with DIT from now on. They do happen, i have been there smiling all the way to the end of each week so i am keeping positive about this system. Like ive said many times before, we all should be here for the long term and triple digit gains on a yearly basis tears strips off any city fund manager :LOL:

Evening all. Just catching up on the posts. I didnt trade this today because of Non Farms but it looks like for most (although not all) it was yet another losing day. Not sure what we can do about the password - I cant see how you can keep ppl out if they have acquired copies illegally - they will have access to the same info as us.

Anyway - have a good weekend. I may reduce my stakes next week while I wait for the performance to hopefully pick up. A bit concerned about the Mark Rose/Martin Carter link - if its true then it doesnt bode well long term for the system.