The Daily Index Trader

Definately a losing day today.
I was in at exactly 9:15 today, stopped out almost the same as Steve: CAC 3697.7 DAX 6193.8

2 wins, 2 losses for my first week, so well down already :(

Definately a losing day today.
I was in at exactly 9:15 today, stopped out almost the same as Steve: CAC 3697.7 DAX 6193.8

2 wins, 2 losses for my first week, so well down already :(

Apparently is was unusual week so let's hope it returns to normal next week and we get a run of 5 winning days.

Gosh - dont know what I was doing then. CAC stopped at 3701.86 (entry 3713) and DAX hit target 6145.90 (entry 6183). Started typing in the trade just before 9.15 and prob finished 5 mins later as it was my first one.

Gosh - dont know what I was doing then. CAC stopped at 3701.86 (entry 3713) and DAX hit target 6145.90 (entry 6183). Started typing in the trade just before 9.15 and prob finished 5 mins later as it was my first one.

You were one of the lucky ones. A couple of times this week the market has moved quite quickly at the time people were placing trades and so some stops were just out of reach of the market and they had a winning trade when others were stopped out.

Martin Carter has said in his newsletter that it's not something that normally happens.

Anyway, well done. Your first trade's a winner (y)

The thing that really worries me is the fact that we're all directed to gekko. If its such a successful system and we're all using gekko then gekko surely dont want us all to be making money at their expense? I dont know enough about this but sounds like it could all end in tears.

Do the spread betting companies have any say in the prices quoted on the indices ie can they manipulate the price if they start losing too much money on this?

Last edited:
The thing that really worries me is the fact that we're all directed to gekko. If its such a successful system and we're all using gekko then gekko surely dont want us all to be making money at their expense? I dont know enough about this but sounds like it could all end in tears.

Do the spread betting companies have any say in the prices quoted of the indeces ie can they manipulate the price if they start losing too much money on this?

Gekko doesn't pay out on winning trades. They make their money on the spread between what the market price is and what they charge when a trade is placed. At the moment it's only a 1 pip spread which is good for us traders. Some charge 2 pips or more.

So whether you win or lose in a trade Gekko always make their margin. It's not like a bookies.

I have a question. If I buy the system do I have to use gekko for trading?

Hi Kraszan,

you don't have to use Gekko to trade but it's highly recommended by Martin Carter who devised the system. Also it's one of the few spread bet providers that allow you to place a trade in pounds and pence per point rather than just a round number. This so that you can hedge the bets more accurately.

Also Gekko have a small spread of 1 point and are giving a bonus to new customers of 25% of their initial deposit. Along with that they are also giving free guaranteed stops.

So overall it makes sense but you don't have to use them. :)

Do the spread betting companies have any say in the prices quoted on the indices ie can they manipulate the price if they start losing too much money on this?

hi Sarnia,
For a more detailed explanation of how SB Cos make their money, see this post/thread
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-indices/6595-spreadbetting-bias-post45148.html#post45148[/QUOTE]

It's kind of old, but still makes for interesting reading i think.

Well I bought the system last week and I've been lucky enough to place a trade every day from this week during working hours (I'm an I.T. engineer so it looks like I'm working ;)

Here's my findings and current outlook. Every trade I've done has mirrored Martin Carter's (assuming today's lost too) so over all it's a losing week, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Here's an observation though. If you use the Trade Evaluator to go right back to 29/09/09 and use simple compounding and 5% risk, you wouldn't have made consistent profits until 10/02/10!

So, if you're using say £100 as your starting bank, by the 10th February you'd have accumulated 86 pence in four months! However, as those who've purchased the system and read the manual will know, there is the alternative staking plan "Enhanced Profits", which has never been in the red for cumulative profit and loss from the initial date, and would have earned you £82.55 over the same period (of course an 82.55% return). So, if you do the calculations manually and don't use the Trade Evaluator in conjunction with the "Enhanced Profits" staking plan then you may be flogging a dead horse, or just plain deflated if you've gone down this route. However I will stress that both staking plans have gone on to make very good returns since February.

Of course the above results are based on what the system is designed for, which is "set and forget", but if you're lucky enough to have access to your betting account through the day, today's loss could have been an easy win (at one point today I was up 30 points but I'm testing the system so left it). My point is that this system is good left as it is, but you can really take advantage of the clever hedging by using this as a springboard to day trading if so required.

Just a quick note, I'm not always on the site so I'm not being ignorant if I don't reply fairly quickly!

Last edited:
Hi Paulace,

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing...
Not really sure why you say today could have been an 'easy win'.
Why take your profit at +30? Why not let it run to +31, +32.....
Unless you have a crystal ball, why not let the trade run fully, as it is designed to do, and has been proved to do so well in the past?
What happens when you close for +30 and it carries on going up to hit the TP limit?

I don't think it's that 'easy' at all......

Well I bought the system last week and I've been lucky enough to place a trade every day from this week during working hours (I'm an I.T. engineer so it looks like I'm working ;)

Here's my findings and current outlook. Every trade I've done has mirrored Martin Carter's (assuming today's lost too) so over all it's a losing week, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Here's an observation though. If you use the Trade Evaluator to go right back to 29/09/09 and use simple compounding and 5% risk, you wouldn't have made consistent profits until 10/02/10!

So, if you're using say £100 as your starting bank, by the 10th February you'd have accumulated 86 pence in four months! However, as those who've purchased the system and read the manual will know, there is the alternative staking plan "Enhanced Profits", which has never been in the red for cumulative profit and loss from the initial date, and would have earned you £82.55 over the same period (of course an 82.55% return). So, if you do the calculations manually and don't use the Trade Evaluator in conjunction with the "Enhanced Profits" staking plan then you may be flogging a dead horse, or just plain deflated if you've gone down this route. However I will stress that both staking plans have gone on to make very good returns since February.

Of course the above results are based on what the system is designed for, which is "set and forget", but if you're lucky enough to have access to your betting account through the day, today's loss could have been an easy win (at one point today I was up 30 points but I'm testing the system so left it). My point is that this system is good left as it is, but you can really take advantage of the clever hedging by using this as a springboard to day trading if so required.

Just a quick note, I'm not always on the site so I'm not being ignorant if I don't reply fairly quickly!

Hi I have got a question. How much did you pay for a system?

Hi Paulace,

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing...
Not really sure why you say today could have been an 'easy win'.
Why take your profit at +30? Why not let it run to +31, +32.....
Unless you have a crystal ball, why not let the trade run fully, as it is designed to do, and has been proved to do so well in the past?
What happens when you close for +30 and it carries on going up to hit the TP limit?

I don't think it's that 'easy' at all......

First of all thanks for your input. I considered it an 'easy win' because it just so happens that I looked at the screen and had made 30 points in that instant. As I explained (but not fully I understand) I was monitoring the trade from work, and although I can 'get away with it', that does not mean I can stare at my screen all day, but you weren't to know this. So, in that moment, even though I could have 'easily' taken the money, I am researching, trialling and monitoring this system so I left it. In answer to your question about what happens if it had gone past 30, I am a trader of a few years now so my discipline is good enough and strong enough that I don't worry over what might have been in the same way a new (or greedy) trader would. In case you're wondering why I'm a trader of a few years and still working, I have a trading system that works very well indeed during the day, but it's a big step to leave one's job without some back up, and the system I use in the day requires more attention than I would like, hence the quest to find good 'out of hours' systems.

So, getting back to your point, I agree that it's not that easy, but in isolation that particluar trade was easy and all because of hedging. We all now how easy it seems when we're winning, not so when losing and so the hedging takes a lot of worry and risk away in my opinion. There's nothing new about hedging of course, but the closely correlated pairs is what does the trick with this system. I would like to add that this is the best system I've come across for taking the emotion and guess work out of trading especially where entries, exits and stops are concerned, which means if the system works then 95 percent of people using it will have success too, whereas some systems leave new traders bewildered, frustrated and downhearted.

Last edited:
First of all thanks for your input. I considered it an 'easy win' because it just so happens that I looked at the screen and had made 30 points in that instant. As I explained (but not fully I understand) I was monitoring the trade from work, and although I can 'get away with it', that does not mean I can stare at my screen all day, but you weren't to know this. So, in that moment, even though I could have 'easily' taken the money, I am researching, trialling and monitoring this system so I left it. In answer to your question about what happens if it had gone past 30, I am a trader of a few years now so my discipline is good enough and strong enough that I don't worry over what might have been in the same way a new (or greedy) trader would. In case you're wondering why I'm a trader of a few years and still working, I have a trading system that works very well indeed during the day, but it's a big step to leave one's job without some back up, and the system I use in the day requires more attention than I would like, hence the quest to find good 'out of hours' systems.

So, getting back to your point, I agree that it's not that easy, but in isolation that particluar trade was easy and all because of hedging. We all now how easy it seems when we're winning, not so when losing and so the hedging takes a lot of worry and risk away in my opinion. There's nothing new about hedging of course, but the closely correlated pairs is what does the trick with this system. I would like to add that this is the best system I've come across for taking the emotion and guess work out of trading especially where entries, exits and stops are concerned, which means if the system works then 95 percent of people using it will have success too, whereas some systems leave new traders bewildered, frustrated and downhearted.

Hi Paulace,
Thanks for your measured reply. Sorry, I was a bit tired and grumpy last night, I don't think my post came across the way it was meant to...
Basically my point was that I don't think trading this system like that is as easy as you made it sound. For example, if you monitored the trade you will have seen it was in profit for 10 points... why not take profit there and not wait for it to go to 30? How do you know it will go to 30? And why take 30 and not wait for it to go to 40?

Admittedly if you are trading your own system you will be able to do that with some confidence, as you know your system and you will know how your market runs. But, this is someone elses system and has pre-defined stop and TP limits, which seem to work very well. The TP limits don't seem very high anyway, so if you started cutting the trades early to take the profit then i think you would run the risk of making the system become not as profitable as it should be - if the system works as it seems to do then for every day you take your profit early and it loses, there will be 4 days where it carries on afterwards to hit the TP limit and you will have lost out on extra pips.

Hope you can understand what i mean anyway. Personally I know nothing about what moves the CAC or DAX markets, and so am happy to let this system work everything out for me.

Good luck in your quest by the way, i think we're all looking for something like that. If you ever manage to find something, please don't forget to come back here and let us all know! :)

This is why I ask a question about a price. I found you can buy in two places.

Hi Kraszan,

The £249 price is a special pre-release price. If you can find that somewhere, then take it quickly. The system will be officially launched on the 29th, at the higher price. The web site has been up for a while prior to the official launch and some people found it already and used it to buy the system, which is why they paid more.

Sarnia,
Why not try writing to Mark Rose? Explain that you bought it in the demo period but you unwittingly paid the full price, and ask for a refund of the difference. Got to be worth a try! :cheesy: