The American Meltdown

wisestguy,

You are worse than my alter ego ---Mortimer Doom. But since, I am way too long the yen, canadian dollar and the new zealand dollar. I hope it happens!

Yes the plunge prevention team has to print money to secure the stock market. This in turn secures the REALM. For a while......By the way, we could see the Euro get hurt as well (eventually).

When crude prices were at $40 the official "analyst" line was that this would only be a problem for the equity market if prices remained sustained at $40. Now prices are at $48, pushing $50, and guess what? It's not a problem. The Minister of the Treasury Mr. John Snow said so yesterday on Bloomberg.
This is a little confusing....
On another note:
Looking at historical relationships between gold and oil, where should the gold price be now? I think way above where it is. Is gold currently massively undervalued? When the fiat money system starts to totally collapse what will countries have to back their printed pieces of paper money?

In God we trust to do what exactly?
I was thinking maybe it was going to be The Patriot Act and Martial Law at home followed by Nuclear Annihilation to everybody else.
This scenario may prove slightly bearish the Dow but I expect I will find it's actually a great buying opportunity if I watch Bloomberg or CNBC from the fallout shelter.
It will all start when Sharon decides to take out Irans Bushehr nuke.

twalker,
I was just being facetious. In God we trust is on the dollar.

TGM,

actually , I think the yen will get hurt too . all currencies will die in the long run but the yen could benefit in the shirt term.

commodities , oil and to lesser extent gold are my choices.

wisestguy said:
TGM,
actually , I think the yen will get hurt too . all currencies will die in the long run but the yen could benefit in the shirt term.
commodities , oil and to lesser extent gold are my choices.

In spite of looming US woes I wouldn't put much faith in the long-term prospects for the Euro as the nascent replayement reserve currency either.

Have a look at:

http://www.howestreet.com/story.php?ArticleId=598&PHPSESSID=9d2d88a7e33b879457641b75104228f3

As a UK resident whose government has so far declined to join the Euro, I find much of the article very persuasive indeed - especially the commentary on the double standards of France and Germany in their (non) adherence to the Stability and Growth Pact (SGP) and Excessive Deficit Procedure (EDP) whilst foisting all manner of ridiculous compliances on others - poetic justice indeed for the Germans who made the EDP a non-negotiable condition of their joining in order to rein in Italian profligacy -as they saw it then.

I can't escape the impression that the Euro is a messy and unstable mish-mash of irreconcilable interests held together by Franco German hubris. It's an accident waiting to happen and could end in serious tears. Don't write the Dollar off just yet.

My choice? - Gold in the long run

Neocons Seek Vindication in Escalation
by Patrick J. Buchanan
"Enter the "cakewalk" neoconservatives. Though disastrously wrong about Iraq's receptivity to U.S.-imposed democracy, and though they face disgrace and oblivion if Bush loses, they have one last card to play: That is to have America widen her wars with Afghanistan and Iraq with a preemptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities. For the neoconservatives, Iraq was simply Phase II of "World War IV" for imperial domination of the Middle East and serial destruction of the regimes in Iraq, Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia, as well as of Hezbollah, Hamas and the Palestinian Authority. The neocons have not abandoned this imperial project. Nor has Bush removed a single one from power, though they may yet cost him his presidency. And the neoconservative commentariat is again beating the drums for war – this time on Iran. This is their hole card. If they can ignite a new war, the country may forget how they bungled the old war. In escalation lies vindication. ....We could find ourselves in a third war with no allies save Israel. Another consequence could be the disruption of oil shipments from Iran, Iraq and the Gulf, a run-up in prices to $60 or $70 a barrel, and recessions in Japan, Europe and the United States."
http://www.antiwar.com/pat/?articleid=3427

twalker,

Overseas, all good folks shold know, the neocons are actually Neo-Coms (new communists). They bolshivise'd the republican party by "assassinating" Patrick J. Buchannan. I know way to much about Marxism (due to my upbringing) to be a trader. Well that is another story for another day. Lets just say the Neo-Coms are quite brilliant and quite dangerous. Seeing as they have shown George Bush how to use the Marxist dialectic.

peterpr,

I think the Euro and the Dollar could both get destroyed! You know in the long run we are all dead. The European Union is a corrupt politicians (is there any other kind of politician?) paradise. The rise of the new right across Europe is a foregone conclusion. Especially, as immigration of other cultures start threatening the "western ethos". I even believe we will see a unbelievable number of people voting for "right wing" parties as they find out what multi-culturalism is really about. Even if they do not agree with the party. They will vote them to send a message. If you think the BNP is doing better than it should in the UK ----you just wait. There is a trend taking place and it will get interesting. Yes, and potentially dangerous.

Wisestguy,

I love commodities!! They are the future. I believe what happened to the stock market over the last 20 years will happen to the commodity markets over the next 20 years.

TGM

Kruschov couldn't bury us but it looks like our US friends and allies will do, if the pollution ( a large proportion is theirs) causes the Gulf stream to shut off.
Roll on winter sports

TGM ,

yes , but if the global meltdown theory is correct , then though the comm. markets maybe a bull run . The real world could suffer some nasty side effects like famine and war , to name a couple .

My comments in blue italics....

TGM said:
twalker,

peterpr,

I think the Euro and the Dollar could both get destroyed! You know in the long run we are all dead. The European Union is a corrupt politicians .....How did you determine that fact????.....(is there any other kind of politician?) paradise. The rise of the new right across Europe is a foregone conclusion. Especially, as immigration of other cultures start threatening the "western ethos". ....what do you mean by 'threatening????'....Don't forget that immigrants clean your toilets...work on things that locals do not want to do...!!!!I even believe we will see a unbelievable number of people voting for "right wing" parties as they find out what multi-culturalism is really about.....so what is multiculturism all about...perhaps you can educate us..!!!! Even if they do not agree with the party. They will vote them to send a message. If you think the BNP is doing better than it should in the UK ----you just wait....wait for what????....more votes for BNP???.... There is a trend taking place and it will get interesting. Yes, and potentially dangerous.

At the end of the day anyone that blames immigrants for all problems that has got nothing to do with immigrants, is playing in hands for 'Daily Bile' that seems to permeate the right wing press....Blame it all on immigrants so we have free run..!!!

Grow up will you..???

TGM

Zambuck,
As someone involved in the financial markets. Let me just say, I am pro immigration. With that said, 80% of Americans want it shut off. The average person is ticked off and eventual that matters. Part of the problem (more like a challenge) with immigration is that some of the intelligentsia of (for example) the Hispanic groups (like La Raza) advocate a form of something called Atzlan. That is basically taking back the southwest for Mexico (ethnic cleansing). Now the average immigrant just wants a better life. I agree with you. But there is a huge disconnect between the average and groups like La Raza.

The European union is full of what I define as a corrupt political class just like the government of the US. You know overrun budgets, grotesque subsidies, scandal after scandal with politicians expense accounts etc... How could any honest trader come to any other conclusion?

As someone who was educated in Marxism at a young age (grew up in a union/working household), I will educate you. Multiculturalism = Cultural Marxism. It is second generation Marxism, the enhancement of class warfare with cultural warfare. It has been very effective as a divide and conquer strategy. It also has a lot to do with something referred to as "The Frankfurt School of psychology". Without writing a dissertation, it is simply the crossing of Marx and Freud. You can look it up.

Now the good people on this board have probably never heard this. Most straight forward people say: Why don't they just say "Cultural Marxism". Well, for one most people would not go for it. You have to make things sound benign and cloak them in "anti-concepts". A Marxist never uses a phrase without an intentional separate meaning. For instance, bourgeois means "rich" in France. However, when the Communists where using it in Russia (during and after the revolution a century ago) they meant poor Russian peasants (who they were murdering by the millions). Concepts become Anti-Concepts----they mean what I want them to mean. If I have time, I will demonstrate how George Bush did this after the Sept. 11 with the word Patriotism. I will also tell you how it is done every day with the word racism.

In regards to the far right parties across Europe, I am simply saying there is a trend taking place and it is NOT getting smaller. The next recession alot of things are going to be worse. Hopefully, I will be wrong. An effective trader must look at the world as it is and prepare accordingly.

By the way, you sound rather offended by my comments. I do not know how my comments could get someone so outraged as to tell me "to grow up". :confused:

TGM

http://finance.news.com.au/common/printpage/0,6093,10607487,00.html

Good link and also here is interesting quote.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
-- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

TGM

My comments in blue italics....

I think that you have changed the discussion slightly....in way you gave a lecture when it was not asked for....

Your original comments were very definite and hence my question....

TGM said:
Zambuck,
As someone involved in the financial markets. Let me just say, I am pro immigration. With that said, 80% of Americans want it shut off. The average person is ticked off and eventual that matters. Part of the problem (more like a challenge) with immigration is that some of the intelligentsia of (for example) the Hispanic groups (like La Raza) advocate a form of something called Atzlan. That is basically taking back the southwest for Mexico (ethnic cleansing). Now the average immigrant just wants a better life. I agree with you. But there is a huge disconnect between the average and groups like La Raza.

This is an US issue.....Europe has it's own issue with immigration....it is hated and blamed for everything on this planet but in reality that has made this country - UK richer.....Noon sells frozen curries to europe and the market is worth £2 billion a year....A friend of mine who arrived penniless in 1971 today owns most of the Sony centres and employs about 300 people...!!...All immigrants...but they had rough time because the media was on rampage when they arrived, the right wing press was full of stories of being 'swamped' by immigrants.....Immigrants of 30 years back are today's millionaries...!!

But try explaining that to right wing think tank...!!! The real positive aspect of immigration is NEVER discussed....only the negative one....!!

The European union is full of what I define as a corrupt political class just like the government of the US. You know overrun budgets, grotesque subsidies, scandal after scandal with politicians expense accounts etc... How could any honest trader come to any other conclusion?

Show me any country where politicians are not corrupt..!!!....but corrupt politicians does not sink a currency..there are many other factors that affect it......

As someone who was educated in Marxism at a young age (grew up in a union/working household), I will educate you.(....many thanks but that is YOUR definition of 'Multicultarisnm...there are many more...just type the word in google and spend time reading all theories...) Multiculturalism = Cultural Marxism. It is second generation Marxism, the enhancement of class warfare with cultural warfare. It has been very effective as a divide and conquer strategy. It also has a lot to do with something referred to as "The Frankfurt School of psychology". Without writing a dissertation, it is simply the crossing of Marx and Freud. You can look it up.

Now the good people on this board have probably never heard this. Most straight forward people say: Why don't they just say "Cultural Marxism". Well, for one most people would not go for it. You have to make things sound benign and cloak them in "anti-concepts". A Marxist never uses a phrase without an intentional separate meaning. For instance, bourgeois means "rich" in France. However, when the Communists where using it in Russia (during and after the revolution a century ago) they meant poor Russian peasants (who they were murdering by the millions). Concepts become Anti-Concepts----they mean what I want them to mean. If I have time, I will demonstrate how George Bush did this after the Sept. 11 with the word Patriotism. I will also tell you how it is done every day with the word racism.

In regards to the far right parties across Europe, I am simply saying there is a trend taking place and it is NOT getting smaller. The next recession alot of things are going to be worse. Hopefully, I will be wrong. An effective trader must look at the world as it is and prepare accordingly.

Yes there are many predictions about everything on this planet....remember Jupiter Effect...some of your fellow countrymen were predictiong gloom and doom, the planets will line up...there will be chaos...people started building bomb shelters.....and it all passed away soon....

I think some people in US have obsession with theories and counter theories and it gets muched to death and in the end no one knows what is the original question....I think you are going that way in your argument....Yes there may be recession....then some groups will say Well we told you...if there is nothing then other group will say well we told you....

By the way, you sound rather offended by my comments. I do not know how my comments could get someone so outraged as to tell me "to grow up". :confused:

Again I will refer you to your original post and my comments in blue...!!!!

TGM

zambuck,

You wrote:
"so what is multiculturalism all about...perhaps you can educate us..!!!!"

I was educating you. Sorry, I thought that is what you were asking me to do. For your benefit, I made it short.

On Multiculturalism, that is NOT MY definition. That is the original definition from the Frankfurt School. If you go through again and read what I wrote about Anti-Concepts you will clearly see that there can be many definitions for Multiculturalism. That is the point. However, it is second generation Marxism ( the crossing of Marx and Freud). That is to say the enhancement of Class Warfare (Marxism) with Cultural Warfare (2nd generation Marxism = Cultural Marxism/ Multiculturalism).

"But try explaining that to right wing think tank...!!! The real positive aspect of immigration is NEVER discussed....only the negative one....!!"

I agree with you one hundred percent. That was the point, I was attempting to make. Cultural warfare benefits the politicians and hurts everyone especially immigrants who are being used for political gain.

Originally, I was just trying to say that the flaws in the dollar are well discussed. However, the flaws in the Euro have not been given much attention. That's all. :D

TGM said:
zambuck,

Originally, I was just trying to say that the flaws in the dollar are well discussed. However, the flaws in the Euro have not been given much attention. That's all. :D

You're damn right they haven't. And - further to my post 29 I see that the EU commission has just announced proposed changes to the SGP and the IDP to make them less onerous on member states who feel the need for a bit of profligacy. That should help it (the Euro) rival the dollar so far as profligate monetary growth - unsupported by ties to any real store of value - is concerned. It's quite clear where the Europhiles ambitions lie - their problem is that any aspired-to cohesion of member states can never match the cohesion of the US's. - Europe is not a nation and never will be. The do9llar certainly has massive and growing problems, but the ability of the Euro ever to supplant it is very moot point indeed. - More likely the Yen or Renmimbi.

As for multi-culturalism - I thought that was supposed to be passe now. The new political buzz phrase is 'cultural diversity under a national identity' . Problem for the UK is that, post devolution, it doesn't have a cohesive national identity either. We're ruled by the Scots who are over-represented in our parliament; get 20% more public-spending per head then the English, chair the Wesminster parliament (as well as Transport, Health and other portfolios), and have their own separate parliament, - yet insist on voting on measures which do not affect their own population and continue to winge about being unfairly treated. The only culture that it is now permitted (eben encouraged) to ridcule and persecute in Cool New PC Britannia, is English rural culture. But the worm will turn.