T2W Upgrade Feedback Thread - Please post comments here

The ready availability of the detailed SEARCH function seems reduced in the new version. Now it seems to require a bit of a juggle to bring it up.
My short term memory has already forgotten how I used to bring up detailed search function (was it right-click on search?), but now the workaround seems to be (from the T2W home page) to enter a blank search, and the error message that comes up has all of the old detailed search options ready to use.
Or alternately: from the forum page: to enter a blank search, then from the results page, tab back to “search forums” and all the old detailed search options are there.
Maybe there’s an easier way I haven’t seen yet. Its late at night here...

This thread just disappeared from the "New Posts"

Attachments

• No New Posts.JPG
    No New Posts.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 155
Nice appearance, but I had no issues with the old format.

For whatever reason, I was motivated to link to Articles from the Welcome page this am, something I haven't looked at for ages.

Slow to load on the laptop between 8 and 9 but is fine on the work PC now.

New thread I started between 8 and 9 in Resources is not showing as 'New Post'.

Nice that time displayed appears correct.

Although an Oanda ad now shows adj. my post earlier, I wish it to be clear I have no relation with said company and this should not be taken to endorse any of their products or services.

I am not happy to see my post hijacked for use as an electronic billboard.

Did you not doing any kind of usability testing on a test site before pushing this live?

What do you think this thread is about? :LOL:

My twopenneth. Aesthetically pleasing on screen but a worse user experience (navigation, font sizes, font colours, number of clicks to get to places, etc).

Ad placement apart from header ad banner is awful.

e2a - there you go - top right hand corner of this post!!!

Oh my God, now I'm advertising ETX Capital. I've never had anything to do with them.

Can you please stop this embedding of ads into posts?

What do you think this thread is about? :LOL:

My twopenneth. Aesthetically pleasing on screen but a worse user experience (navigation, font sizes, font colours, number of clicks to get to places, etc).

Ad placement apart from header ad banner is awful.

e2a - there you go - top right hand corner of this post!!!

Another satisfied customer. It seems that the ads-in-posts feature is extremely and especially popular.

But why stop at the first post on each page? Why not place an ad in EVERY post? Surely that would make sense?

In fact, why waste space with posts? Far better that every time a person makes a post, it gets binned and a randomly-generated ad appears instead.

Too many ads. There also seems to be an issue with 'new posts' as I posted at 8.06 this morning but the thread didnt show when I clicked on new posts.

If you have firefox or google chrome you can download a little extension called "Ad Block". Works on youtube videos too so you don't have to waste 30 seconds on some silly car advert.

I can't see any adverts on t2w.

edit: appears this has already been covered

Last edited:
There's also something not right with e mail notifications. I just got a notification of a post made several hours ago.

My mother gave birth to twins on an unheated wash house floor - and still got up and finished the mangling, So think on !! We don't like change here but we soldier on !

I think this has definitely tested PCs sense of humour. At least he has the leverage to get it reversed.

And if its reversed, Sharky wll quite rightly be critisised for pandering to the whims of advertisers rather than members. He's supposed to be the dog wagging the tail. The tail shouldnt be wagging the dog.

its a lose-lose situation.

I'm finding this site really frustrating now. On Google chrome it won't let me sign in. On Firefox I keep getting pop-up ads all over the place and even pop-up blocker just deletes the ad but you still get the frame. Yes, I've deleted cookies and done all the usual.

The new colours are okay but it doesn't help your trading in the slightest! It seems there are still lots of glitches, posts disappear, can't see the control panel on chrome but it's there on Firefox! I dare not try in Internet Explorer. Did anyone test this before it was rolled out? And who tested it -- Spanish 89?

For the life of me, I just can't understand why you took a perfectly serviceable website and made it so buggy and user unfriendly. By all means shove in more advertising -- someone has to foot the bills -- but inserting them into people's posts is totally unreasonable. If the idea of the revamp was to attract people or keep existing users, I think you've failed in my case.

Perhaps your clicks and cookie stats will prove my views a minority but it's getting to the stage where it's not even worth it for the lulz! Here endeth the rant!