T2W Upgrade Feedback Thread - Please post comments here

nobody cares about the book?

Ads are one thing, but using the whole site as a front for the sale of their book?

Start a new thread to trash the book. :)

Some of the people they've got in to contribute, you wouldn't let them mop a trading floor much less buy or sell on one. But Mr Charts is also in there, and he's a fairly good egg really.

They should give a copy to a few well-respected members (like pboyles, for example) to do an unbiased and serious review.

No posts from the t2w staff?
Maybe something like "Thanks for the feedback guys, we're working on some of the suggestions. The bug where the ads appeared in individual posts has now been fixed."

Peter

"Thanks for the feedback guys, we're working on some of the suggestions. The bug where the ads appeared in individual posts has now been fixed."

Cheers Pete, that saved me some typing :LOL:

Start a new thread to trash the book. :)

Some of the people they've got in to contribute, you wouldn't let them mop a trading floor much less buy or sell on one. But Mr Charts is also in there, and he's a fairly good egg really.

They should give a copy to a few well-respected members (like pboyles, for example) to do an unbiased and serious review.

I dont know about the book but this secret Nazi box thing is showing some promise. Why bother reading a book when you can buy the secret box?

Attachments

• secret box.jpg
    secret box.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 179
nobody cares about the book?

Ads are one thing, but using the whole site as a front for the sale of their book?

Care isnt perhaps the word I'd use. I'm sure the book is no better or worse than most other trading related books, and the price is probably fair enough.

They have to make money somewhere, and a book is as good an idea as any other (particularly if they didnt actually have to go to the trouble of actually writing it !)

Most books are useless, and on the balance of probability T2W's book is probably equally useless, but most people need something to get them started, so I dont see why they shouldnt get their snouts into the trough. You have to be realistic, if you have a member base of almost quarter of a million members, it would be unrealistic not to expect them to try to sell something to those members (I know 99% are either non active, multi nics or vendors but the principle still applies)

If people think the books OK, it'll get reccommended, if the books crap it'll get slagged off, and they wont sell many. It'll probably get pirated anyway before too long. Clearly, if they where to abuse their position and falsely promote the book that would be cause for concern, but there's no evidence of that as yet.

Equally, if fair critisism of the book is surpressed in favour of the sites commercial interests, then that would be cause for concern, but its not happened yet.

Having not read the book, or even being likely to read it, I wouldnt really like to comment further, it might be a cracking good read, or it might be part of the wider dumbing down adgenda.

Where would we be without expert authors like these.

Attachments

• its almost immoral.jpg
    its almost immoral.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 150
"Thanks for the feedback guys, we're working on some of the suggestions. The bug where the ads appeared in individual posts has now been fixed."

Cheers Pete, that saved me some typing :LOL:

Glad to help!
I would charge for my services but you might stamp a {puke} vendor badge on me :LOL:

Peter

Where would we be without expert authors like these.

Is it the same one? Is this the guy that T2W is calling a "high quality trader and market professional"? Because if so I think that really would be the last straw.

Can someone confirm that it is the same Guy Cohen?

Thats a bit of a sore subject. It was done previously, and it ended in tears.

Admittedly, some people where in tears laughing, but I suspect the odd tear of despair was shed too.

Is it the same one? Is this the guy that T2W is calling a "high quality trader and market professional"? Because if so I think that really would be the last straw.

Can someone confirm that it is the same Guy Cohen?

Of course its him, theres even a photo of him, the same one used on the following website

Guy Cohen Interview with Robin |

Attachments

• cohen.png
    cohen.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 366
Thats a bit of a sore subject. It was done previously, and it ended in tears.

Admittedly, some people where in tears laughing, but I suspect the odd tear of despair was shed too.

Are you talking about the Mr Spreadbetting fiasco? That truly was dismal, although very entertaining. :LOL:

There are at least some changes going on as we roll along. The color coded rep bar (like old times) that was here last night when the new site was first rolled out is gone.

Peter

Attachments

• reputation_pos.gif
    reputation_pos.gif
    317 bytes · Views: 369
That country club ponzi scheme thread about the geezer that was in the paper had some good lulz in. Footballers wife and so on.