t2w being trashed by religious threads

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOB FOR THEIR GOOD EFFORT IN GETTING MY THREAD "3 SPIRITUAL QUESTIONS" CLOSED. LOTS OF APPLAUSE TO YOU ALL! closed by Barjon. Barjon, Can I do a poll for members to have their say to re-open thread? (just a suggestion). I did say that the thread had the potential to be one of the biggest at t2w. I still believe it has that potential!! but the real people and NOT the MOB trying to sell their services to clients are the real losers now. Remember I did put thread in foyer area. Broke no rules. Have always been polite. And am not imposing ANYTHING I say on others. If they wish to view. Then fine. What about freedom of speech Jon. Can't people make their own minds up? Yes this is a trading site (?). But also the best place for my words. However uncomfortable they may be.

My threads are a few among many repetitive threads here on T2W. What are you scared of? Did you all have a bad day at the office? No. Of course not. You are all star traders. At least the mob is. Those that try to pass on their knowledge. For a fee of course.

My threads are a few among many repetitive threads here on T2W. What are you scared of? Did you all have a bad day at the office? No. Of course not. You are all star traders. At least the mob is. Those that try to pass on their knowledge. For a fee of course.

I am unscribing from your threads...

Curiousity had the better of me but I just now - kissed the dog and kicked the cat. (y)

Enjoy all that you do... (y)

I am unscribing from your threads...

Curiousity had the better of me but I just now - kissed the dog and kicked the cat. (y)

Enjoy all that you do... (y)

Ewww! Don't tell the wife! You may not read this post seeing as you have unsubscribed. But how easy was it to do that?
Please tell the other objectors where the button is.
That is, the ones that have vendor badges and rule the site over and above Sharky.

Religion is a mental illness. Nothing more, nothing less.

I heard the Chinese have a cure...

Shame the thread "3 SPIRITUAL QUESTIONS" has been closed. It would seem the minority that don't even care for the subject overpower those that do or interested in the subject. Poor call really!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MOB FOR THEIR GOOD EFFORT IN GETTING MY THREAD "3 SPIRITUAL QUESTIONS" CLOSED. LOTS OF APPLAUSE TO YOU ALL! closed by Barjon. Barjon, Can I do a poll for members to have their say to re-open thread? (just a suggestion). I did say that the thread had the potential to be one of the biggest at t2w. I still believe it has that potential!! but the real people and NOT the MOB trying to sell their services to clients are the real losers now. Remember I did put thread in foyer area. Broke no rules. Have always been polite. And am not imposing ANYTHING I say on others. If they wish to view. Then fine. What about freedom of speech Jon. Can't people make their own minds up? Yes this is a trading site (?). But also the best place for my words. However uncomfortable they may be.

This board is about trading! Gods have nothing to do with it! Please take your GOD and stuff it somewhere else.

Think about it like this.

If some guy turned up on your doorstep tomorrow with a book about 40 day global floods,guys walking on water, parting seas, turning water into wine, splitting bread and fishes, sexless pregnancies, hookers call Magdelane, reincarnation etc and told you that you should take it as true despite there not being a single shred of evidence - you'd more than likely tell him he needed help.

This is the kind of help Options needs.

If we are going to discuss our illnesses on line, can I put up some pics of my genial warts ?

Crickey, don't think anyone turned up on any doorstep, a thread was created in the foyer which I believe is for anything non trading related, and you entered it, read it, made up your mind and obviously did't like it.

I sort of figure it would be logical that if I didn't like some subject mater then I would just stay away from it. But hey I guess its just me.

As far as evidence is concerned there is plenty if you cared to look for it, but obviously you won't.

Funny I don't see your views to be any different to options they are just at different extremes and how the mention of God can cause so much offense.

BTW I would get those warts seen to :LOL:

Think about it like this.

If some guy turned up on your doorstep tomorrow with a book about 40 day global floods,guys walking on water, parting seas, turning water into wine, splitting bread and fishes, sexless pregnancies, hookers call Magdelane, reincarnation etc and told you that you should take it as true despite there not being a single shred of evidence - you'd more than likely tell him he needed help.

This is the kind of help Options needs.

If we are going to discuss our illnesses on line, can I put up some pics of my genial warts ?

I'm not offended. I just don't believe in fairy tales.

I have some rather bad news about Santa too...

As for the warts - I'm on 3 prayers a day but they seem to have gone unanswered

Common sense prevails in my view.

It's not the what you have said that I object to - but how you put it across. Your attitude is "I have the answers and I am right and I will reveal the truth to you all".

It is just your version of reality which the majority do not agree with.

I have no problem with religious discussions - however I do object to the "holier than thou" attitudes and intolerance of alternative ideas which you have exhibited in bucketloads.

It's not the what you have said that I object to - but how you put it across. Your attitude is "I have the answers and I am right and I will reveal the truth to you all".

I have no problem with religious discussions - however I do object to the "holier than thou" attitudes and intolerance of alternative ideas which you have exhibited in bucketloads.

"Common sense prevails in my view." No it doesn't. Barjohn closed the thread because 3 people began attacking me at the same time and Mr Gekko can't string a sentence together without swearing. The mods and Sharky will now have to close every single thread in the foyer in case someone does not like what another poster has typed!
That is common sense.
Anything else and this place becomes a dictatorship.
Who do I have to submit my words to for clearance before I can post them?
You? Charts? Gekko? Arabian? Legger? Attila?
Only a FEW people complained, I think a few more were enjoying it. They have an open mind and would have wanted to see where the thread would conclude. I even put a trade in the thread yesterday, which is still running but few people would have seen it!
Attila found one answer. The ignore button.
Who are you. (This is to everyone Hoggums. Just in case you think I am singling you out), to say what I can and cannot post?
Because YOU do not like some of my words, you have no right to censure.
I broke no rules.
Stayed within guidelines.
Swore at no one.
Just because a few people did not have the will power to stay away, or the backbone to hear something they found upsetting. They join together as a mob to close down one voice.
And the majority will miss out. (Again). That is NOT common sense!

post what you want, but the content and manner in which it is written is indistinguishable from religious mania, a common symptom of several mental illnesses.

Well said.
I'd add it was also the number of threads started which was causing irritation.
One zealot evangelising on one thread is well within the bounds of freedom of expression, and personally I have not the slightest objection provided it doesn't demonstrate hatred and intolerance, but when it becomes a flood and in the style Hoggums has described it is likely to meet perfectly legitimate objections.
Frankly it also invites ridicule when ridiculous things are said.
After all these threads are for discussion, not unanswered evangelism.
John, to use words you will understand but which are totally meaningless to me, "may the lord bless you and keep you and may the light of his face shine upon you".
I hope you find peace one day.
Richard

"Common sense prevails in my view." No it doesn't. Barjohn closed the thread because 3 people began attacking me at the same time and Mr Gekko can't string a sentence together without swearing. The mods and Sharky will now have to close every single thread in the foyer in case someone does not like what another poster has typed!
That is common sense.
Anything else and this place becomes a dictatorship.
Who do I have to submit my words to for clearance before I can post them?
You? Charts? Gekko? Arabian? Legger? Attila?
Only a FEW people complained, I think a few more were enjoying it. They have an open mind and would have wanted to see where the thread would conclude. I even put a trade in the thread yesterday, which is still running but few people would have seen it!
Attila found one answer. The ignore button.
Who are you. (This is to everyone Hoggums. Just in case you think I am singling you out), to say what I can and cannot post?
I broke no rules.
Stayed within guidelines.
Swore at no one.
Just because a few people did not have the will power to stay away, or the backbone to hear something they found upsetting. They join together as a mob to close down one voice.
And the majority will miss out. (Again). That is NOT common sense!

No-one is going to miss out on anything. You and your religion don't have the answers to anything. It is just a form of mass delusion. You do not light the way, you are not putting anyone on the path.

In this day and age, how anyone cannot understand why people are against your type of preaching is a mystery. Take a long look at the world and what religious fanatics have done to it.

If you are serious and not just trolling, I do actually pity you.

When there is a crowd of people who all have something to say but cannot be heard because an individual is monopolising the forums with religious tat then it is necessary to shut the individual up so the rest can be heard.

That is democracy.

I should make it clear that I did not close the thread because of any breach of the guidelines by Options.

I closed the thread for two reasons. Firstly, the number of reports received complaining about it. Secondly, that posts were beginning to become intemperate and abusive towards Options and his views which, in my opinion, would have escalated.

Religion is a topic that engenders strong feelings, pretty entrenched views and intolerance on either side. That's not to say it can't be discussed, but you know the old social etiquette saw "If you want to enjoy your meal don't discuss religion or politics at the dinner party"

cheers

jon