t2w being trashed by religious threads

Foyer threads and posts should do not appear in the 'View New Posts' list.

It may have been like this in past i think.

I prefer this, people who want to participate in the Foyer can subsribe to it with email alerts.

options,
I've always respected you in the past and would not want to see you banned.
This is simply a matter of these boards being for trading rather than obsessional religious tracts.
To use a phrase from your very own world which I'm sure you will recognise and know the source,

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven"

This is just the wrong place.

Richard

Re: Mark of the BEAST!

How about the mods use their merging powers and merge all of option's religous threads into one.

dd

probably the solution we'll adopt, although posts come out in chronological order so what relates to what might be difficult to track - i'll wait a bit since a number of the threads may just disappear from view as they become inactive.

jon

I suspect the mark of the beast to be a little waspish type avatar....fits in both cases ;)

Gentlemen and ladies. Now this I do find very,very funny. You have started a thread or two about some of my postings being in the 'limelight' and not fit for a trading site, and the threads of YOURS have brought further attention and pushed my threads further into the limelight! Isn't that ironic? The fact that God has been mentioned makes a lot of people uncomfortable and they don't quite know why. There is a simple solution. If they offend you. Do not look at any of my posts in the foyer! How easy is that eh? I am not breaking any guidelines. I am not having a 'pop' at anyone. I do not insult anyone, (unlike some members here). There is no 'flood' of threads. All threads are different and not as a comment above that they are all the same. I have some questions by members that are waiting to be answered. They will be. If my threads were about John Terry and his affairs off the field or would he keep his captaincy, or about the bank manager that nicked a million quid and got off or indeed even a hamster and its preferred method of travel and was the royal mail quicker. Or indeed who will be the next prime minister. Then no one would have started a thread about me. I have given you one solution. Don't look at my posts. Another is to use the ignore button. Don't look in the foyer. No one is forcing you to. You are all adults and can make up your own mind can't you? Talk of banning me or restricting my posts because YOU. (Yes, you reading this now) don't like or agree with them is laughable. Ban me If I start a thread on Ginger haired people and all of them should be shot or anything similar, because that is a personal attack of a racist nature. But pleeeease, just because a few of you are upset. Don't view. It is that simple. Plus you may stop people viewing who actually have an open mind and want to look into the truth. Ban me? Who's next? Are my posts in the foyer any worse than the continual bitching and back biting that normally destroys a thread?

You need help... :LOL:

More reading required around your subject. Perhaps some more recent articles with a little more fact than those written 2000 years ago. :smart:

As for response - I do think opening multiple bloggs with same subject is not on. At least not in such quick succession. I saw one other with your three daft questions but chose to ignore as I can see you are going places... :cheesy:

Sorry John but starting 5 threads in just a few days with all the same basic subject area is what is concerning members. When fcta had his views to give, he did so in one thread and although it was subject to criticism by others, he responded in the same thread. This is a trading site and not a site for the evangelisation of your religious views. I say this as someone who is happy to contribute to the types of threads that you have posted but starting thread after thread is taking it too far in my view.

I agree that all of these could be put into one thread and that way when members log on and click on "View New Posts / Threads" they don't get bombarded with five threads all about religion.

Paul

Paul. Sorry, I did not know I was in breach of any rules here. I use the foyer because my threads are not on trading like most threads in foyer. Moses used 5 books in the old testament and the 6th book in JOB. Why did he NOT put all his writings in just ONE book? :p I use the same logic as Moses because we are of same mind and we have a reason for doing it that way. (you'll never understand that). So, you don't want me start more threads here is that right? Well, I'll be happy to start my other threads on other boards. Does anybody here have any good suggestions which boards I should go to? Thanks guys for any help of directions and good luck with your trading.

Paul. Sorry, I did not know I was in breach of any rules here. I use the foyer because my threads are not on trading like most threads in foyer. Moses used 5 books in the old testament and the 6th book in JOB. Why did he NOT put all his writings in just ONE book? :p I use the same logic as Moses because we are of same mind and we have a reason for doing it that way. (you'll never understand that). So, you don't want me start more threads here is that right? Well, I'll be happy to start my other threads on other boards. Does anybody here have any good suggestions which boards I should go to? Thanks guys for any help of directions and good luck with your trading.

Dear Options,

There is no reason for you to leave the site. I too can be OT and do enjoy weekend banter.

I am sincerely sorry if I have offended you or anyone else. :innocent:

I was almost expecting to be castigated in my last post expecting to save you some face as you are not alone.

I like to think a little cut and thrust can be good for the grey cells if it quickens the pulses, no?

If no one has reported any posts than no harm has been done. Stay and lets continue on a single thread... (y)

John, If you had posted in one thread I would have no issue and it is the starting of new threads that is the concern and is akin to spamming the boards with the same subject under new titles.

Paul

Dear Options,

There is no reason for you to leave the site. I too can be OT and do enjoy weekend banter.

I am sincerely sorry if I have offended you or anyone else. :innocent:

I was almost expecting to be castigated in my last post expecting to save you some face as you are not alone.

I like to think a little cut and thrust can be good for the grey cells if it quickens the pulses, no?

If no one has reported any posts than no harm has been done. Stay and lets continue on a single thread... (y)

Attila. I agree with most of what you say. I am not offended by anyone's posts. Never have been. Once in a while I used to let off steam. We all do. If I didn't agree with anything, I could either reply or ignore. It was and is my choice. The bit I don't agree with in your post is continuing on a single thread. No one will realise this yet, but all threads of mine will come together in due course. There is a reason behind all this and it is not yet apparent. It is in our nature to attack anything different. Something outside our comfort zone. It rankles and we don't know why. I have enjoyed a lot of your posts over the years and hope that I have taken something of worth from them. There are nuggets of gold littered all over T2W. But the majority of viewers will miss them. Some nuggets may come from unexpected sources; but because it may do, is there any reason to discount it? To crossing swords sir. I hope we can both learn. Oh, here is something from a 'King'.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. Keep all off-topic stuff in one place, if you don't want to read it then don't. Options's religious threads have appeal to some people - let them get on with it.

I'm not really sure what the problem is. Keep all off-topic stuff in one place, if you don't want to read it then don't. Options's religious threads have appeal to some people - let them get on with it.

Thank you Maiden for that voice of reason. It isn't rocket science after all is it?
If people see some posts of mine in the foyer, they can tell by the title what it will probably contain. They have a choice to look or not to look.

Perhaps I did start too many threads too close together, but as I explained elsewhere, they will all come together at a certain point, to reveal the whole purpose of starting them.

But there is another deeper reason why certain people don't like my threads, and it has nothing to do with the search for the truth.
People have assumed quite wrongly that I am now a religious nut. Nothing is further from the truth. I am not religious in any way shape or form. The only thing I am interested in is finding out the truth. And it really is true. Most people can't handle the truth. They would be too afraid.

If I were religious or even thought I was Jesus in one of my 'mental moments' that people are accusing me of having, I might have said something like this.

"You hypocrites! Why did you go the church in the last few months?
Why did you take your families to church in last few months and on Xmas day?
I know your deeds. You are neither HOT or COLD and I will spit you out on judgement day!"

Google: "You are neither hot or cold"

You don't realise how ironic that is do you. Hi Mr Charts. Just a few days ago you posted in my spiritual threads and made good contributions. Now you have completely changed your tune and started this thread to mock me and my GOD. Can you see the double standards in your behaviour? If I were JESUS I would rebuke you with harsh words. But I will say read 2nd Timothy 3: 16 a couple of times!

Just a few days ago you posted in my spiritual threads and made good contributions.

No I didn't.

Now you have completely changed your tune and started this thread to mock me and my GOD.

No I haven't.

Can you see the double standards in your behaviour?

No.

If I were JESUS I would rebuke you with harsh words.

Well you're not.

But I will say read 2nd Timothy 3: 16 a couple of times!

No.

John,
Your post 35 is irrational and I suspect was directed at me rather than Mr. Gecko.
I have made my personal views clear in posts 1,3,9 and 22 so I shan't repeat them. May I suggest you re-read them and see what is written, not what you expect to be written. You are seeing things which are not there. This is all too common amongst the ultra-religious of most "faiths".
It is a blindness which comes of too much concentration on so-called "holy scriptures" to the exclusion of judgement, objectivity and good sense. Unsurprisingly that leads to gross distortion and sometimes fanaticism.
I am not mocking you on this thread or your "god". I could very easily do so but I try to be polite most of the time.
To think that merely demonstrates your actual or incipient fanaticism. Allegedly mocking someone and their god is the precise reason why religion has led to terrible wars and so much suffering and blood- letting over the centuries, right up to today.
I am sad to see you have joined in the hinterland of such intolerance.
Richard

PS Trader333 has put it perfectly if you'd care to re-read his post 29. That post encapsulates the problem.

Last edited:
John,
Your post 35 is irrational and I suspect was directed at me rather than Mr. Gecko.
I have made my personal views clear in posts 1,3,9 and 22 so I shan't repeat them. May I suggest you re-read them and see what is written, not what you expect to be written. You are seeing things which are not there. This is all too common amongst the ultra-religious of most "faiths".
It is a blindness which comes of too much concentration on so-called "holy scriptures" to the exclusion of judgement, objectivity and good sense. Unsurprisingly that leads to gross distortion and sometimes fanaticism.
I am not mocking you on this thread or your "god". I could very easily do so but I try to be polite most of the time.
To think that merely demonstrates your actual or incipient fanaticism. Allegedly mocking someone and their god is the precise reason why religion has led to terrible wars and so much suffering and blood- letting over the centuries, right up to today.
I am sad to see you have joined in the hinterland of such intolerance.
Richard

PS Trader333 has put it perfectly if you'd care to re-read his post 29. That post encapsulates the problem.

Very true and I concur with this post.

The reason why I reacted to your posts originally, having read pages and pages of it mocking other religions I thought look at your self.

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

Perhaps I did start too many threads too close together, but as I explained elsewhere, they will all come together at a certain point, to reveal the whole purpose of starting them.

But there is another deeper reason why certain people don't like my threads, and it has nothing to do with the search for the truth.
People have assumed quite wrongly that I am now a religious nut. Nothing is further from the truth. I am not religious in any way shape or form. The only thing I am interested in is finding out the truth. And it really is true. Most people can't handle the truth. They would be too afraid.

Interesting.

I personally haven't even seen any of the posts in question because i) I've been too busy and ii) when I do look at this site I use 'find new posts' and just pick out the threads I think I'll find interesting or could add value contributing to.

Fwiw I think in the foyer, pretty much anything goes. Sure, no racism / direct incitement to terrorism / kiddy p0rn or whatever, but in terms of irrelevant, irreverent (in all senses of the word) threads, what the hell. If it really looks like true spam I trust the mods on this one. And no-one has the obligation to read a single word of it anyway.

The one thng I would say though is that I picked out two paragraphs above that read, to me, like socrates type shenanigans. If so, options you should be aware (if you're not already) that if you do go down the same road aslbert you'll likely be forever labelled a troll. So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't push this 'all will be revealed' stuff is my advice. You got something to say? say it ;)

Best wishes all

GJ