Swing trades

If one is a full time trader and is profitable, then a simple equity curve from laptop is very easy to display. Open program, log in, display equity curve graph. If one can't do this simple thing, then there is something to hide. Common sense.

I'm not taking sides as this is the tinternet and BS could be a hobo who stole someones laptop for all i know, but it strikes me that maybe you would've been a bit skeptical of just an equity curve. I'm no expert but i reckon it would be quite easy to drum up a nice looking equity curve in paint, or doctor an original in photoshop. You won't take his word for proof but you'll take an easily forged pic for proof?

In your current position (bringing up 2 kids, full-time job, 10p/point trades) you're aiming to be managing £1m by the end of the year? This seems like quite an ambitious goal and i think you're gonna need some help, a £250 gamble on BS not being a bull****ter might have been the way to go.

Even if he is bull****ting you for the sake of £250 there's been a lot better traders than you on these forums hustled out of £250 increments recently, and you could come on here and give us all some lulz and undermine his forum guide status! zupcon would love it!

Edit/P.S for the record i don't think BS is a hobo who stole a laptop,and i do believe he was just trying to do this guy a favour!

Last edited:
I look at Risk to establish how much to stake per point. I don't like to lose more than 1% of capital per any 1 trade, so if it's not because I can't afford to place higher stakes, it's to do with proper risk assesment, whereas a lot of people undervalue or ignore this side. If I was to manage £1m now, then I would have started current EUR short with £10 per pip and not 10 pence. Capital management is not about wild returns, it's about steady growth trying to keep capital above inflation, basically preservation of capital is key.

I'm not taking sides as this is the tinternet and BS could be a hobo who stole someones laptop for all i know, but it strikes me that maybe you would've been a bit skeptical of just an equity curve. I'm no expert but i reckon it would be quite easy to drum up a nice looking equity curve in paint, or doctor an original in photoshop. You won't take his word for proof but you'll take an easily forged pic for proof?

In your current position (bringing up 2 kids, full-time job, 10p/point trades) you're aiming to be managing £1m by the end of the year? This seems like quite an ambitious goal and i think you're gonna need some help, a £250 gamble on BS not being a bull****ter might have been the way to go.

Even if he is bull****ting you for the sake of £250 there's been a lot better traders than you on these forums hustled out of £250 increments recently, and you could come on here and give us all some lulz and undermine his forum guide status! zupcon would love it!

erm... excuse me, did you read the facsimile of the PMs I sent Pikey...? Couldn't have been clearer. I took pity on the guy and given his personal circumstances, I offered to help. He boldy arrived with a first post asking to part with a grand (which he could barely afford) for a QUICK FIX mentor. My immediate reaction was to insist he didn't need to offer that kind of cash and why not take full advantage of the info. on T2W whilst attempting to write a journal; which would (by proxy) achieve a kind of mentorship for free which led him to this thread...simples.:) Or so you would have thought...

Seeing him flail on the journal thread and begin (in a heartbeat) to upset regular posters when they offered up advice I offered help. If you notice in my PMs I'm at pains to suggest that "I may not have the right to contemplate instruction, given I'm only 2 years into trading, one year full time." What part of that is potentially bull5hit? I thought it may prove fun tbh, I also thought that it may give me an indication as to how someone else would react to me and my trading methods, heh, the pupil may have even turned instructor...

The fact that I am due to be down South over Xmas simply offered up an opportunity to meet. Why would I reveal my profits to a complete stranger, what does he/she have to bring to the party other than consistent failure? I had to ask myself; "do I want to be associated in any way with that?" In fact the risk is totally one sided... versus me...

It's not relevant that the time spent discussing trading would have possibly left him in trades to pay the v.small fee at a later date. Given his behaviour, illustrating such a profound lack of maturity and emotional intelligence, it's obvious that his issues would have/will prevent him from forging a career in this most difficult of environments.

endex.

Here we go again, he declares this a failure after 2 losses, what a pathetic attempt at moderation Lol

erm... excuse me, did you read the facsimile of the PMs I sent Pikey...? Couldn't have been clearer. I took pity on the guy and given his personal circumstances, I offered to help. He boldy arrived with a first post asking to part with a grand (which he could barely afford) for a QUICK FIX mentor. My immediate reaction was to insist he didn't need to offer that kind of cash and why not take full advantage of the info. on T2W whilst attempting to write a journal; which would (by proxy) achieve a kind of mentorship for free which led him to this thread...simples.:) Or so you would have thought...

Seeing him flail on the journal thread and begin (in a heartbeat) to upset regular posters when they offered up advice I offered help. If you notice in my PMs I'm at pains to suggest that "I may not have the right to contemplate instruction, given I'm only 2 years into trading, one year full time." What part of that is potentially bull5hit? I thought it may prove fun tbh, I also thought that it may give me an indication as to how someone else would react to me and my trading methods, heh, the pupil may have even turned instructor...

The fact that I am due to be down South over Xmas simply offered up an opportunity to meet. Why would I reveal my profits to a complete stranger, what does he/she have to bring to the party other than consistent failure? I had to ask myself; "do I want to be associated in any way with that?" In fact the risk is totally one sided... versus me...

It's not relevant that the time spent discussing trading would have possibly left him in trades to pay the v.small fee at a later date. Given his behaviour, illustrating such a profound lack of maturity and emotional intelligence, it's obvious that his issues would have/will prevent him from forging a career in this most difficult of environments.

endex.

BlackSwan you're going through the exact kind of cycle i went through yesterday with this Guy...
You'll give up eventually

:D

BlackSwan you're going through the exact kind of cycle i went through yesterday with this Guy...
You'll give up eventually

:D

Well apparently he's on monthly tfs now, so we won't be seeing much of him on a 'journal thread'...:LOL: How d'ya do a monthly journal thread on 2 currency pairs, gold and the S&P?...:whistling

Limit order in to buy Gold spot $1130, initial stop $1107, Target $1200+. Position is risk adjusted to (EDITED typo) 0.5% of capital (£2.20 per $1). Main trend is up, signal on 8 hour chart, waiting for price confirmation ($1130).

Attachments

• daily.jpg
    daily.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Hi piker - This agrees with my TA for the order I mentioned placed at the weekend - looking for breach of high of 11/12, though breach of the day's low would negate the long, probably only delaying it for a lower entry price though. My target, if triggered, would be just below the all time high 03/12, ha ha ha, but this probably not achievable in a single run.

Whether this will have legs will depend on USD, gold may not have finished retracement

Filled gold $1130

edit - 00.34am GMT approaching next resistance 1142.6, ultimate test comes at 1168-1170, if it fails & goes back down to 1100, then this wasn't the real reversal & a lower entry would be required, keeping same stop for now

Last edited:
Hi piker - wondering if you're still in gold? Still flat as my order was not hit: I have left the order unchanged as high of 17/12 was virtually same as 11/12 and I still see gold in retracement from uptrend.

Hi piker - wondering if you're still in gold? Still flat as my order was not hit: I have left the order unchanged as high of 17/12 was virtually same as 11/12 and I still see gold in retracement from uptrend.

Was his entry not triggered at 1130 with a far of distant price hope of 1200? Imagine his stop loss activated/smashed through once price breached 1095...While since I've traded Gold, (enough on my plate)...

Was his entry not triggered at 1130 with a far of distant price hope of 1200? Imagine his stop loss activated/smashed through once price breached 1095...While since I've traded Gold, (enough on my plate)...

Yes probably.

I don't trade gold much either but piker's selected markets listed here prompted me to add it back to my watch-list.

Yes probably.

I don't trade gold much either but piker's selected markets listed here prompted me to add it back to my watch-list.

'tis not a 'bad' security to trade, behaves very much like any other commodity on my charts and the spread's OK at 5 pips, but can't see the fascination TBH. And his target was akin to aiming for a 700 pip move on forex... Now oil, there's a thing of deceptive black beauty giving you days of pleasure, I Imagine it's a bit like trying to tame Naomi Campbell, never gonna happen*....:)

* lets see if any of our 'bloke' feminists report that post 'cos they feel it's rascist and sexist...' :D

Filled gold $1130

edit - 00.34am GMT approaching next resistance 1142.6, ultimate test comes at 1168-1170, if it fails & goes back down to 1100, then this wasn't the real reversal & a lower entry would be required, keeping same stop for now

Trade was closed 1106.8 -0.5% capital

Sorry I didn't post much I was busy short term trading, it's not what I enjoy doing, I am trying to pull away from eye balling price action. I am a **** short term trader, money management saves my skin.

Anyway, +1.82% capital on short term.

Attachments

• short term trading pnl.jpg
    short term trading pnl.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 166
SPX Re-entered Long 1110.9

Closed -3.7 combined, to be frank I don't like the price action in stock indexes, I will probably be on sideline for now in indexes

EUR/USD 1.4655, there is no stop, I will go long if EUR goes 1.5150, target either way is +1000 pips

This remains open in light of a huge stop, I am not that interested in gain, as financing it will probably eat it all up, it was put on as an example of money management based trading, intention was to short below week's low point, I shorted above it as I couldn't be bothered waiting for it.

Speaking of black beauty, do you recall Grace Jones? I could never figure just why she was so attractive.

Nah mate, she can't compare to the Godess Naomi, they're both top, feisty, punching well above their weight birds though, I liked that cd of her's in the early 80's ..Island Life, "pull up to the bumper baby"...;