Swing trades

Yes, so what's your point? Shall I post your offer to me via pm now?

Pikey this was you on this other thread wasn't it? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a mentor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I would like to offer £1000 mentor fee to a person that can teach me or rather show me a way to make consistent profits by holding positions from 1-3 day periods, basically I don't want to learn how to scalp. I have been observing market behavior patterns since 1999, yet can't seem to find a way to be profitable. The reason I am offering only £1000 is because I can't afford any more as I am bringing up 2 young children and other money is reserved for trading capital, which isn't much anyway. Without sounding rude I would like to point out that I will not be able to accept propositions from people that don't have brokerage/sb statements for last 3 years. I understand that it may be asking for a favour by offering to pay just £1000, hopefully one day I will be able to return this favour. Thank You.

Piker

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/81648-looking-mentor.html

Next Question:

Can a direct market access participant in a multiple-ECN environment provide liquidity @ the best bid & ask ?

That statement wasn't irrational at all, it made perfect sense!

Its possible i'm being a MAJOR idiot here... I just feel that everything you write is wrong. Maybe everything i write is wrong. Just seems you don't know what your talking about;
I mean you said That money management can give you an edge...

Can someone just clear this up for me? Am i being a major stupid retard or does this guy just not have a clue?
Like I said about 3 pages ago you're wasting your time, but for what it's worth you are correct that he doesn't have a clue.

He is completely wedded to his cluelessness, in fact I would say superglued to his cluelessness. Which is why I'm slightly confused about what he hopes to achieve by being on this forum.

..and then just to really turn the annoyance factor up a few notches he attempts to 'teach us' with inane crap like "Last hint: For price to move higher it needs to make new highs, for price to move lower it needs to make new lows. Now look at Monthly chart."

So in conclusion he is either a brilliant troll, or two sandwhiches short of a picnic.

So you love wasting time in that case, there is no proof of you being profitable, on the contrary you are displaying character flaws which are associated with net losing traders - anger caused by frustration. If I was a troll I would be bugging you on your thread, looks like you are bugging me, so who is the troll?

Like I said about 3 pages ago you're wasting your time, but for what it's worth you are correct that he doesn't have a clue.

He is completely wedded to his cluelessness, in fact I would say superglued to his cluelessness. Which is why I'm slightly confused about what he hopes to achieve by being on this forum.

..and then just to really turn the annoyance factor up a few notches he attempts to 'teach us' with inane crap like "Last hint: For price to move higher it needs to make new highs, for price to move lower it needs to make new lows. Now look at Monthly chart."

So in conclusion he is either a brilliant troll, or two sandwhiches short of a picnic.

Yes, so what's your point? Shall I post your offer to me via pm now?

My point is that you've had your fun, wasted a few idle hours for a few of the more experienced guys (who actually trade) whilst they're waiting to take the next trades but you're a fraud and a waste of space. Not sure if you've got a bit intoxicated as time has gone on this evening, perhaps you have other 'issues', but heh ho.:D

As regards my "offer" if you recall I offered you advice (on forum) that you didn't need to spend £1,000 and that you didn't need a mentor, I suggested you start a journal to record trades which you havn't done you've just...well not sure what this abortion of a thread is tbh..

I felt sorry for you given your financial situation, the mention of your kids struck a chord, I offered to meet you whilst I'm down in London over Xmas and talk through a bomb proof surgical strike strat. that would ensure your losses were kept to a minimum and your gains would be decent if you kept to the discipline. For my few hours time I'd bill you £250 only because I felt and still do that your £1,000 offer was way too much. That's my daily rate consulting in other industries, seems reasonable to me..

Heh, you could have made £250 quid for an afternoons' work, that way the afternoon would have cost you nothing...

I then effectively withdrew the offer, having read some of your other posts and re-assessing whether or not it was really something I wanted to get into...

P.S. the last 24 hrs have been pretty average for me, netted 220 pips...crack on dreamer and why not do yourself a favour and move on ...;)

I declined your offer as you failed to prove profitability, and I wasn't going to pay a wannabe. And please stop clattering my thread with your fantasy results or post real time at least. You are not much of a guide also, more of a **** stirer.

My point is that you've had your fun, wasted a few idle hours for a few of the more experienced guys (who actually trade) whilst they're waiting to take the next trades but you're a fraud and a waste of space. Not sure if you've got a bit intoxicated as time has gone on this evening, perhaps you have other 'issues', but heh ho.:D

As regards my "offer" if you recall I offered you advice (on forum) that you didn't need to spend £1,000 and that you didn't need a mentor, I suggested you start a journal to record trades which you havn't done you've just...well not sure what this abortion of a thread is tbh..

I felt sorry for you given your financial situation, the mention of your kids struck a chord, I offered to meet you whilst I'm down in London over Xmas and talk through a bomb proof surgical strike strat. that would ensure your losses were kept to a minimum and your gains would be decent if you kept to the discipline. For my few hours time I'd bill you £250 only because I felt and still do that your £1,000 offer was way too much. That's my daily rate consulting in other industries, seems reasonable to me..

Heh, you could have made £250 quid for an afternoons' work, that way the afternoon would have cost you nothing...

I then effectively withdrew the offer, having read some of your other posts and re-assessing whether or not it was really something I wanted to get into...

P.S. the last 24 hrs have been pretty average for me, netted 220 pips...crack on dreamer and why not do yourself a favour and move on ...;)

I declined your offer as you failed to prove profitability, and I wasn't going to pay a wannabe. And please stop clattering my thread with your fantasy results or post real time at least. You are not much of a guide also, more of a **** stirer.

No you're timing and revisionist account is incorrect. I refused (at the very outset) to discuss my method/s or details of my profitability before any meeting. You are hopelessly out of your depth and such an unstable character, it's hardly surprising after ten years you've so little success...in anything...other than trolling...;)

Are you a teenager, do you really have children, a wife....a life?...:LOL: I think I get it, you're one of the banned, you've come back resurrected...

No you're timing and revisionist account is incorrect. I refused (at the very outset) to discuss my method/s or details of my profitability before any meeting. You are hopelessly out of your depth and such an unstable character, it's hardly surprising after ten years you've so little success...in anything...other than trolling...;)

Are you a teenager, do you really have children, a wife....a life?...:LOL: I think I get it, you're one of the banned, you've come back resurrected...

I have reported you to a moderator, because you are getting ridiculous on MY thread & I don't want your presence here any more.

Extract from your PM:

Originally Posted by Black Swan
Hi Bud,
Saw your post thought I'd pm you. Been trading 2 years now, 1 year full time and now consistently profitable - 1,000 -1,500 pips per week. I trade 9 currency pairs and use an easy to show/follow strat. which it has to be in order to be effective over 9 pairs.

So you were ready to show me your strategy, yet not ready to show your profitable equity curve for last year of full-time trading & you're trying to say I am stupid??? I would have been stupid to pay you £250 that you wanted.

*wades through 31 pages, going from supportive, to amused, to kinda baffled here n' there, and watches it all come to a sticky end, then kinda ambles back off to do something more productive. Which is mostly drink wine and peer at ADVFN*

:rolleyes:

It isn't your thread, it's a thread on a public forum, you have no ownership rights here. I suggested you keep a journal, a simple diary of trades for others to guide you. 200+ posts in and you've failed on 3 abortive trades whilst crying like a pussy; "why does this always happen to me? I can't trade..:cry:" into your Diamond White cans whilst your kids starve...

Anyhow, why try and get cute by providing an extract of my PMs last Thursday/Friday, here's the 'dialogue', from my side in full...BTW if you think a tiny £250 is a lot for a consultation then perhaps ten pence bets with PartyMarkets is your level...either that or play Bingo with the rest of the gals at Gala...:LOL:

Mentorship? Nah you don't need it do you?

Hi Bud,

Saw your post thought I'd pm you. Been trading 2 years now, 1 year full time and now consistently profitable - 1,000 -1,500 pips per week. I trade 9 currency pairs and use an easy to show/follow strat. which it has to be in order to be effective over 9 pairs. I'm based up North but am down South (London) over Xmas. Never thought of mentoring/coaching anyone, not sure I have the right to, given I'm still relatively new. TBH I'd really feel a bit uncomfortable taking that amount of cash of someone, but perhaps would happily divulge my strat. over half a day, sharing ideas getting you trading well for £250? Let's know what you think, it could be a good opportunity for me to move onwards and upwards with my trading. Where are you based?

No, I wouldn't be divulging any of my personal details/trading history to you. After analysing where you're going wrong I'd simply be demonstrating a simple (forex only) winning swing strat. where you could limit your losses to negligible and allow the system (if you have the discipline to stick with it) to run your profits. I trade 9 pairs take approx. 50 trades a week; 30 profit, ten lose, ten scratch. If you want to meet up over Xmas, get to Liverpool st, I'd be willing to meet. We'd need a couple of hours and bring a laptop to show me how you're getting on thus far. I wouldn't be a 'mentor' going forward, I'd show you the strat. and we'd keep in touch to discuss your success, that'd be it.

You've no need to say sorry, just read your recent posts on the T2W forums and TBH I'm now kinda really regretting offering you any help, good luck anyhow, btw, how've you done today? Poor day for me thus far, not quite hit 200 pips, still enough hours in the day left...

On reflection it's just not my style really, I've had a fantastic year and given I swing trade (like you stated you did) I have time to consider other opportunities. I saw your post; mention of your kids, you desperately needing to earn a crust etc. and thought I might find the time to help, (for a v. small fee). I have good relationships with several MDs of the top SB companies and we're looking to launch a J.V. in the New Year, that'll keep me busy (during trades) and is the right kinda direction for me, my skills and transferring my old 'skill set' to my newish industry. I'll have a look at your trades..
Good Skill (some call in luck) with your trading...

D L fire...f u lot nottn beta 2do...yall calm down....it's tedyuss evn avn to rite ths.

draws a line under it

---------------------------------- line------------------------------

go rip the 10p gold thread...i'm waitin.

out

If one is a full time trader and is profitable, then a simple equity curve from laptop is very easy to display. Open program, log in, display equity curve graph. If one can't do this simple thing, then there is something to hide. Common sense.

And what's with all the tantrums if your advice isn't taken? Before accusing somebody of being an idiot PROVE that you ain't one.

D L fire...f u lot nottn beta 2do...yall calm down....it's tedyuss evn avn to rite ths.

draws a line under it

---------------------------------- line------------------------------

go rip the 10p gold thread...i'm waitin.

out

Mods Mods..there's a nasty man who got a bit shouty when he found me out...:LOL: Anyhow bud, just checked out the ten pence gold thread, what can I say but huge respect! and I also believe the younger generation often say "You Da Man", or is that 90's speak...I lose track?

Now that's how you keep a journal, clarity, brevity...but where's your fooking charts, we supposed to take those 3 quid gains on trust? Pffttt!! :p

QUOTE: "...and I also believe the younger generation often say "You Da Man", or is that 90's speak...I lose track?"

Attachments

• misusing_slang.png
    misusing_slang.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 158
I struggled when my eldest daughter came back from a concert recently telling me the act had "killed it...":confused: They all use that "like" with the cadence going up...I get it wrong when I say stuff such as; "is that it like?" Which is old Northern influence which I refuse to shed...

I also said "dig it" the other day...groan...:eek: my eldest lad nearly choked on his dinner with laughter...I then showed them this vid. to re-gain a modicum of respect...

Black Swan you are what the industry classes as a snake oil sales man. You are not willing to prove anything, though ready to charge for advice. And you are a moderator on this site?? Amazing!

And what's with all the useless unrelated clatter? You have no respect for other people's requests. No manners.

Virtuoso/Gladiator now on ignore list, unfortunately I can't add BS to that list as he is a moderator, the one that's supposed to help with "smooth running of forums", he is doing that with such finesse.

7.6 Please don't pretend to be an expert if you aren't one. Humility is better than arrogance. It is fine to not know something or to be a beginner. Beginners masquerading as experts or who repeatedly give advice to others hurt the forum as learning traders may not yet be able to tell who is actually an expert, and who merely thinks he is one.

Last edited:
Black Swan you are what the industry classes as a snake oil sales man. You are not willing to prove anything, though ready to charge for advice. And you are a moderator on this site?? Amazing!

And what's with all the useless unrelated clatter? You have no respect for other people's requests. No manners.

Virtuoso/Gladiator now on ignore list, unfortunately I can't add BS to that list as he is a moderator, the one that's supposed to help with "smooth running of forums", he is doing that with such finesse.

7.6 Please don't pretend to be an expert if you aren't one. Humility is better than arrogance. It is fine to not know something or to be a beginner. Beginners masquerading as experts or who repeatedly give advice to others hurt the forum as learning traders may not yet be able to tell who is actually an expert, and who merely thinks he is one.

Grow up son, no one is interested in you or your opinion, you got ar5ey when I exposed you as a fraud and time waster, Glad X has given up on you, as has V2O and Robster... you even managed to pi55 off Tim, which is quite an achievement considering he is one of the most helpful , decent blokes anyone could wish to meet on 'ere, or any trading forum.

Where do you go from here having made such a tw@t out of yerself and given your credibilty is now shot to bits after only a couple of days posting ? I'd just disappear for a while if I were you, or at least keep your head down until a lot of folks' memory recedes...

I've no need, or desire to prove anything, I'm very secure with my trading and results...Whilst you've made an utter fool of yourself throughout the past 24 hrs on 'ere some of us have quielty and effiecently traded whilst watching 'your' car wreck of a thread unfold. Nearly time for my zzzzds before I'm up at 6:45 to hopefully bank some more pips tomorrow...

Yes, but what you suggest is that one ought to trade the news/fundamentals, I don't do that & probably never will. Please don't post any pessimistic stuff as I have enough on my plate without negative posts like you will never cut it. It's your opinion, please keep it to yourself. I had no problem before to trade weakening & strengthening price action, recently something has changed & I find that bots keep triggering most stops, that's not what I think, that's what others have pointed out also. Thanks.

That's pure arrogance- Why do you use this site if you do not invite criticism? You should start a journal, then you would be left alone.

That's pure arrogance- Why do you use this site if you do not invite criticism? You should start a journal, then you would be left alone.

the problem is not in criticism but that most that did provide advice, apart from d70, after I decided that their advice is not applicable, have become very stroppy & started throwing tantrums - what?! You don't want my advice?! Who the heck are you to not take my advice!? You will never make it!

I don't want people like that on the thread that I started, I am an OP, so my request has to be respected, but no, they carry on. BS thinks he found me out, I was the one that keeps being honest here, I have not lied about anything so far, but because he doesn't wish to be seen in a bad light he switched to try and dishonour me somehow by using a well known net tactic of posting untrue unfactual info about me, like a pest he is trying to take over this thread. And what had he got to show? Yesterday I made 300 pips! I make 1000-1500 pips per week. Right, so we believe your word. I am not that naive pal. I have not disrepected anybody, I either accept advice or choose not to.

the problem is not in criticism but that most that did provide advice, apart from d70, after I decided that their advice is not applicable, have become very stroppy & started throwing tantrums - what?! You don't want my advice?! Who the heck are you to not take my advice!? You will never make it!

I don't want people like that on the thread that I started, I am an OP, so my request has to be respected, but no, they carry on. BS thinks he found me out, I was the one that keeps being honest here, I have not lied about anything so far, but because he doesn't wish to be seen in a bad light he switched to try and dishonour me somehow by using a well known net tactic of posting untrue unfactual info about me, like a pest he is trying to take over this thread. And what had he got to show? Yesterday I made 300 pips! I make 1000-1500 pips per week. Right, so we believe your word. I am not that naive pal. I have not disrepected anybody, I either accept advice or choose not to.

I made a mistake and I apologise. This is a journal and I didn't realise because of all the furore.