Swing trades

I'm sorry but money management cannot give you an edge... Its impossible. I've said it before three times...
If money management is your edge, then please please come to GladiatorBetMarkets.com and play on my markets.

No problem, you will lose.

Last hint: For price to move higher it needs to make new highs, for price to move lower it needs to make new lows. Now look at Monthly chart.

I haven't had any issues with SBs filling me at market quote using £20 basis point, occasionally they do slip, but that slippage is OK if one is trading Monthly chart. I don't understand what you are getting at, I won't be betting £1m a basis point LOL
Do you plan to take £1 million investments and trade it in a Spreadbetting account, using @ market orders to execute trades?

Or do you plan to move to exchange markets, which you've demonstrated you don't understand the mechanics of, with that £1million investment?

I don't care for that answer, like I don't care about E = mc2, it's not relevant to me.

You don't care about HOW the mechanics of the market works? I can see the investors are getting excited to give you their money!

I bet you don't even know how a market moves... How does a market move up one tick? Without being sarcastic and saying ' It goes up 1 tick' - See if you know the answer or not, i'll fill you in if you don't.

rite but my point is
1) ur not trading the actual market, if your just trading for yourself thats fine, if you want to do anything else with trading it isn't
2) they are similar when your trading small amounts but to say they are the same thing isn't right and i also thought from what you were saying that this kind of difference is relevant.

In regards to the DAX and me checking the monthly chart;
I'm so sure and closed-minded to the idea that money management can give you an edge that i'm not even going to have a peek. Its a fact, its like you saying ' No the sun doesn't exist check the sky' i wouldn't bother.

My guess is you don't even know what the DAX is, how its constructed, what its main constituents are and what derivatives there are. The funny thing is you think these things don't matter; Your telling me that a day-trader cannot get investments, but then you really think people that don't know anything about the markets they are trading get investments?

May I just interpose re the weekly planning question that I do actually look, during the weekend, at the Bloomberg Economic Calendar to see what the announcements are for the coming week, and if I'm in a stock I will want to know if it's reporting earnings or has some other important announcement scheduled for the week ahead as well.
I also save the Monday FT for the economic calendar it publishes in the back each week. And as I swing trade my long/short bias, if I have to switch that, I plan out how to do that as well at the end of each day for the next day. Other things I plan might be a need to roll over expiring options, or maybe add or subtract a hedge for whatever reason.
If you're strictly intraday and don't hold overnight you don't have to plan. Otherwise, I don't see how you can go without it.

May I just interpose re the weekly planning question that I do actually look, during the weekend, at the Bloomberg Economic Calendar to see what the announcements are for the coming week, and if I'm in a stock I will want to know if it's reporting earnings or has some other important announcement scheduled for the week ahead as well.
I also save the Monday FT for the economic calendar it publishes in the back each week. And as I swing trade my long/short bias, if I have to switch that, I plan out how to do that as well at the end of each day for the next day. Other things I plan might be a need to roll over expiring options, or maybe add or subtract a hedge for whatever reason.
If you're strictly intraday and don't hold overnight you don't have to plan. Otherwise, I don't see how you can go without it.

Earnings.com is a good website for this type of stuff too Benton. Check it out.

rite but my point is
1) ur not trading the actual market, if your just trading for yourself thats fine, if you want to do anything else with trading it isn't

Really? Who says that? How many rich people have you met? How do you know for a FACT what they will & won't back?

2) they are similar when your trading small amounts but to say they are the same thing isn't right and i also thought from what you were saying that this kind of difference is relevant.

What did I say about "same thing", please copy & paste as I started to lose you.

In regards to the DAX and me checking the monthly chart;
I'm so sure and closed-minded to the idea that money management can give you an edge that i'm not even going to have a peek. Its a fact, its like you saying ' No the sun doesn't exist check the sky' i wouldn't bother.

My guess is you don't even know what the DAX is, how its constructed, what its main constituents are and what derivatives there are. The funny thing is you think these things don't matter; Your telling me that a day-trader cannot get investments, but then you really think people that don't know anything about the markets they are trading get investments?

Last hint: For price to move higher it needs to make new highs, for price to move lower it needs to make new lows. Now look at Monthly chart.

For price to make new highs; the liquidity offering to trade @ the best ask needs to be completely filled through @ market orders to buy, thus clearing the liquidity. If a further trade then occurs at the next best ask, price will have gone higher according to the last traded price....

****ing hell this isn't a rich person competition, but again i would doubt you have met as many rich people as me lol just to annoy you

right i know cos i e-mailed people who work at asset managers and talked to people who work at investment banks personally, schroders, morgan stanley and ballie gifford...i'm at uni and i'm going for an internship next year...so i have made myself aware of what is and what is not useful.

actual example: trader_dante went to futex, he was the superstar of t2w but didn't trade dma...what happened? he never got off the sim...but the point is that they weren't instantly like ur an amazing trader and threw a wad of £50s in his face...i'm not criticizing him in any way but my point is is that spreadbetting isn't the actual market and there are numerous faults with it.

For price to make new highs; the liquidity offering to trade @ the best ask needs to be completely filled through @ market orders to buy, thus clearing the liquidity. If a further trade then occurs at the next best ask, price will have gone higher according to the last traded price....

Why bother yourself with what needs to be done for price to move higher or lower? Trends will carry prices higher or lower, you follow. Perhaps it's because you are so wrapped round intraday concepts you fail to see sense of how higher frames operate.

****ing hell this isn't a rich person competition, but again i would doubt you have met as many rich people as me lol just to annoy you

right i know cos i e-mailed people who work at asset managers and talked to people who work at investment banks personally, schroders, morgan stanley and ballie gifford...i'm at uni and i'm going for an internship next year...so i have made myself aware of what is and what is not useful.

actual example: trader_dante went to futex, he was the superstar of t2w but didn't trade dma...what happened? he never got off the sim...but the point is that they weren't instantly like ur an amazing trader and threw a wad of £50s in his face...i'm not criticizing him in any way but my point is is that spreadbetting isn't the actual market and there are numerous faults with it.

This world is about who you know, not how you ask. I know people that would provide capital, be it for pro gambling or buying selling cars. Wakey wakey.

Why bother yourself with what needs to be done for price to move higher or lower? Trends will carry prices higher or lower, you follow. Perhaps it's because you are so wrapped round intraday concepts you fail to see sense of how higher frames operate.

HTF operate same as LTF in terms of how the mechanics of the markets facilitate supply and demand. Your the one that doesn't understand their operation, not me.

As i said; You probably don't even know what the DAX is

Why does a trend carry price higher? Thats YOUR theory, not fact. By the mechanics of the market, a trend does not theoretically force markets higher. Only what i said can make a market go higher, nothing else.

HTF operate same as LTF in terms of how the mechanics of the markets facilitate supply and demand.

100% rubbish. Intraday is often totally random, longer term has nothing to do with random

As i said; You probably don't even know what the DAX is

In which case I will reply by saying that you are a paper trader

Why does a trend carry price higher? Thats YOUR theory, not fact. By the mechanics of the market, a trend does not theoretically force markets higher. Only what i said can make a market go higher, nothing else.

Last edited:
D70, 1200 looks like an obvious target

Attachments

• monthly.jpg
    monthly.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 131
As an example of how money management only approach works I am short EUR/USD 1.4655, there is no stop, I will go long if EUR goes 1.5150, target either way is +1000 pips. Initial loss limited to -0.5% of capital @ 10 pence per pip. Trade is based on November 2009 support/resistance levels.

Last edited:
Still Long SPX, nothing else, but what I have decided is that I will not be swing trading after this trade, I have come to realise that fortunes are made slow & steady. So after this trade I will split capital in 5 equal parts & trade the Monthly chart, funds will be in market all the time. Support & resistance zones of monthly bar's high & low points are most respected ones, apart from yearly ones, but that's too long of a time frame. Very little noise. I will use 0 leverage on all trades, for that I will use Partymarkets.com outfit as they allow stakes as low as 10 pence, some instruments will require very low stakes. I will be aiming for 10-20% annual ROI.

Thanks for helping me finally figure out what I need to be doing. I aim to manage ~£1m at the end of 2010 (whilst still working full-time)

Pikey this was you on this other thread wasn't it? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a mentor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I would like to offer £1000 mentor fee to a person that can teach me or rather show me a way to make consistent profits by holding positions from 1-3 day periods, basically I don't want to learn how to scalp. I have been observing market behavior patterns since 1999, yet can't seem to find a way to be profitable. The reason I am offering only £1000 is because I can't afford any more as I am bringing up 2 young children and other money is reserved for trading capital, which isn't much anyway. Without sounding rude I would like to point out that I will not be able to accept propositions from people that don't have brokerage/sb statements for last 3 years. I understand that it may be asking for a favour by offering to pay just £1000, hopefully one day I will be able to return this favour. Thank You.

Piker

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/81648-looking-mentor.html