Stress Free Breakout trading Journal

My pending orders:
23.10.2009.gif

result: -90pips
23.10.2009res.gif

Last edited:
i have setup the EA on all GBP pairs. At work at the mo. No doubt my loss will be the same. But the other 2 currencies may of saved the day.

You are correct. But make sure to have different TP and SL for each currencies pair.

You are correct. But make sure to have different TP and SL for each currencies pair.

Good advice soondock.

Do you any recommendations or have you not tested the other pairs. I can play around with it in demo which is always fun.

Is there a way to hedge the trades? Would be interesting to see if placing in either direction would still be profitable. As the major moves that happened on the Guppy and the usd. It went in the right direction but then countered into a loss. If we had a sell pending order we could of caught the reversal.

Could you explain a little the BE and moving of the stoploss settings.

Var_fromentry
Var_from TP1

I currently have it as 40 pips on both of them. Though I dont think that is right. Im guessing the TP1 is right to have it as 40 pips as from your trading journal.

Here is my fxpage. Still messing around at the mo with the settings.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/marine1983/breakout/3952

Last edited:
Good advice soondock.

Do you any recommendations or have you not tested the other pairs. I can play around with it in demo which is always fun.

Is there a way to hedge the trades? Would be interesting to see if placing in either direction would still be profitable. As the major moves that happened on the Guppy and the usd. It went in the right direction but then countered into a loss. If we had a sell pending order we could of caught the reversal.

Could you explain a little the BE and moving of the stoploss settings.

Var_fromentry
Var_from TP1

I currently have it as 40 pips on both of them. Though I dont think that is right. Im guessing the TP1 is right to have it as 40 pips as from your trading journal.

Here is my fxpage. Still messing around at the mo with the settings.

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/marine1983/breakout/3952

Well I tried only gbpjpy and use tp1 50 tp2 100 sl 75 pips. Varfromentry is amount of pips ea will move SL when tp1 hits. Good setup for gbpjpy is to use Varfromentry +30 pips. var form tp1 is not recommended to use.

Well I tried only gbpjpy and use tp1 50 tp2 100 sl 75 pips. Varfromentry is amount of pips ea will move SL when tp1 hits. Good setup for gbpjpy is to use Varfromentry +30 pips. var form tp1 is not recommended to use.

Well I have just run a strat tester on all 3 pairs. Will see how it all goes. Thanks for getting back to me

Monday orders:
26.10.2009.gif

no trade for today

Last edited:
No trades for me either on any other GBP pairs.

In the experts tab there is an error that is repeated get last error=146

Do you know what this means?

Cheers

Yes, I do. This means only one expert (script) can trade at a time. All other experts that try to start trading will be stopped by Error 146. It seems it is not allowed to use a few ea at the time.

I am a bit confused about winter and summer time. I am not sure whether I should change settings in my EA or not?

Pending orders in both ways.
27.10.2009.gif

Results:
27.10.2009res.gif

Last edited:
I am a bit confused about winter and summer time. I am not sure whether I should change settings in my EA or not?[/QUOTE]

if you mean with respect to daylight savings time you should add an hour to the time started, IMHO, since metatrader uses gmt or gmt +x and will therefore not account for the change in the days start which most traders automatically account for when they move their clocks

I am a bit confused about winter and summer time. I am not sure whether I should change settings in my EA or not?

if you mean with respect to daylight savings time you should add an hour to the time started, IMHO, since metatrader uses gmt or gmt +x and will therefore not account for the change in the days start which most traders automatically account for when they move their clocks

Alpari and FXPro MT4 platforms have adjusted their clocks, so I would think that most MT4 would have changed as well.

Alpari and FXPro MT4 platforms have adjusted their clocks, so I would think that most MT4 would have changed as well.

It is winter time at the moment. So London session starts at 8.00amGMT. I live in Ukraine and my time is GMT+2. This means that I should place my orders 45 mins before London session starts - 9.15my local time. Alpari uses terminals with time GMT+1. So to place order in my EA should be time 8.15

Orders in both ways:
28.10.2009.gif

Results: -90pips

Last edited:
Hi Vladimir,
I've followed your thread with great interest, all credit to you for taking the time to run the journal for a couple of months.

It's clear from the journal what your settings are for GBPJPY but I have the following questions:

1. With you now having run the GBPJPY set up for quite a long period are there any tweaks you would give this.
2. What is the latest set up you use for GBPUSD
3. If you traded EURJPY, would you still use the same set up as GBPJPY.
4. Would you still use the same buffers for entry positions.
5. Finally, because I mainly trade FTSE100 share on an L2 Platform, I'm going to recruit a broker with the 'Metatrader' platform, have you ever had any issues with AlpariUK.

Thanks and Best Regards - irongraham (retired UK Foundryman now trading!)

Hi Vladimir,
I've followed your thread with great interest, all credit to you for taking the time to run the journal for a couple of months.

It's clear from the journal what your settings are for GBPJPY but I have the following questions:

1. With you now having run the GBPJPY set up for quite a long period are there any tweaks you would give this.
2. What is the latest set up you use for GBPUSD
3. If you traded EURJPY, would you still use the same set up as GBPJPY.
4. Would you still use the same buffers for entry positions.
5. Finally, because I mainly trade FTSE100 share on an L2 Platform, I'm going to recruit a broker with the 'Metatrader' platform, have you ever had any issues with AlpariUK.

Thanks and Best Regards - irongraham (retired UK Foundryman now trading!)

Hello, it is always pleasure to read such a nice post with lot of questions.

1. I haven't been trading gbpjpy for a 3 weeks. But If I would do this no changes could be done. TP1-50 Tp2-100 SL-75.
2. gbpusd setup is following: TP1-30 TP2-60 SL-45. When TP1 reached move sl to BE + 15pips. All position close at 12-00GMT.
3. No, each pair has to be tested I think it would be closer to gbpusd settings.
4. Buffer is a spread for me.
5. Well, I can not answer this question, because it could be considered as an advertising or anti advertising.

My pending orders:
29.10.2009.gif

Results: - 90pips

Last edited:
Good morning Vladimir,

Just out of interest what is the criteria that you use to choose when to look to trade either GBPJPY or GBPUSD or both. I'm only asking this because at the start of your thread you traded GBPJPY only.

Good morning Vladimir,

Just out of interest what is the criteria that you use to choose when to look to trade either GBPJPY or GBPUSD or both. I'm only asking this because at the start of your thread you traded GBPJPY only.

The losses with gbpusd are smaller. That is all. That was made also to show that it is possible to trade other pairs because there were a lot of questions about gbpusd. Tomorrow will be the last day I post my trades due to the lack of time. But here are the link for monitoring my accounts.
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Soondoock

Last edited: