Stress Free Breakout trading Journal

hi soondook

have you changed sl to 45 now and 1st tp to 30 and 2nd tp to 80? and prices from 3am to 6 am gmt?

thks

Please look carefully to the currency it is GBPUSD. Yes TP1 30 pips when it hits I move Sl to BE. The original SL lvl is 45 pips. Concerning the time I did not change it. I am a bot confused about gmt or not gmt. According to my broker alpariuk my orders placed at 8.15

Just had a flick through the post Soondoock and think that this is a great thread and system. Just had a question, what if you get a bearish breakout yet the 95EMA is still below the box? keep up the good work mate.

I will not get breakout because If the ema below the box we have only buy orders so if the price goes down nothing will happen.

soondoock, thks.

what are the timings for your box? are they 3am and 6 am or 4 am and 7 am?

Please look carefully to the currency it is GBPUSD. Yes TP1 30 pips when it hits I move Sl to BE. The original SL lvl is 45 pips. Concerning the time I did not change it. I am a bot confused about gmt or not gmt. According to my broker alpariuk my orders placed at 8.15

soondoock, thks.

what are the timings for your box? are they 3am and 6 am or 4 am and 7 am?

I live in Ukraine and my local time is +2gmt, I use alparibroker and it seems it has terminals working +1gmt. According to this My box is 4-7gmt

I live in Ukraine and my local time is +2gmt, I use alparibroker and it seems it has terminals working +1gmt. According to this My box is 4-7gmt

Hi,
Alpari is working at GMT + 2 hours at the moment.
The UK is using BST now and so the time in the UK is GMT + 1 hour
The UK will revert back to GMT at 2AM on Sunday the 25th October and the USA will adjust their clocks 1 week later.
I think that Alpari will alter to GMT + 1 hour at around the end of this month, but I'm not sure. Basically, the time used on Alpari is to allow the market opening time to be midnight, on a Sunday. With some chart software packages, they don't adjust the time and because the markets open at 11PM Sunday, UK time, the charts have a daily candle for the Sunday, but it is only 1 hour long.

I think that most, if not all countries in Western Europe are on GMT + 2 until the 25th October, so the same as Alpari time at the moment.

Kiev is currently GMT + 3 and will change to GMT + 2 on 25th October

Last edited:

Hello Had no time to post my orders so here are results for today.
15.10.2009.gif

Hello everybody!
There where no trades on Friday.
Today we have 4 pending orders for GBPUSD.
19.10.2009.gif

I made a mistake on Friday in my EA. That is why I have negative trades today. The entry should be 15 pips higher. well my mistake. If you follow and trade this strategy you should have +35 for today.
19.10.2009res.gif

Last edited:

My Pending Orders:
20.10.2009.gif

No trades for today.

Last edited:
Vladimir,

I am very interested in your thread. Looks like it is profitable over time and I would like to follow your method. I am trying to recreate your orders based upon my data to validate my understanding. I have two issues that I would like your help on.

First, from your picture it seems like you include the bar that starts at 7:00 GMT and ends at 7:15 GMT. My software, Tradestation, labels it as 7:00 GMT. Does that seem correct?

Second, in my data, the high in the box is 1.64443. You placed your buy order at 1.64492. I had expected the order would be at the top of the box. Can you explain why there is this difference.

I am very new with the forex, so forgive me if these are silly questions.

Thanks,
Cryptorchid

Vladimir,

I am very interested in your thread. Looks like it is profitable over time and I would like to follow your method. I am trying to recreate your orders based upon my data to validate my understanding. I have two issues that I would like your help on.

First, from your picture it seems like you include the bar that starts at 7:00 GMT and ends at 7:15 GMT. My software, Tradestation, labels it as 7:00 GMT. Does that seem correct?

Second, in my data, the high in the box is 1.64443. You placed your buy order at 1.64492. I had expected the order would be at the top of the box. Can you explain why there is this difference.

I am very new with the forex, so forgive me if these are silly questions.

Thanks,
Cryptorchid

Hello Cryptorchid,
I am afraid I can not answer your first part of the question in direct way. But I will try. In my Terminal the time ea places the orders is 7-15. My local time is Kiev +2GMT is 8-15. To clarify this and make easier for you I place orders 45 mins before London session starts.

The second part of the question. I use small buffer for entering trades to include the spread size and to filter some times false breakouts.
If you have any other questions please let me know.

Morning All!
Today we have:
21.10.2009.gif

I will continue to post my trades till the end of this month. I hope all those who want to trade this strategy have all the answers and all the tools to trade and test it.

And Results are: +90pips. I have decided to close trades manually.
21.10.2009res.gif

Last edited:
Morning All!
Today we have:
View attachment 66408

I will continue to post my trades till the end of this month. I hope all those who want to trade this strategy have all the answers and all the tools to trade and test it.

And Results are: +90pips. I have decided to close trades manually.
View attachment 66412

Hi Soondock,

Very interesting thread. I have setup your EA on metatrader. Could you explain some of the settings. ie the buffer settings, what does this mean. I can work out some of it but not all.

Hi Soondock,

Very interesting thread. I have setup your EA on metatrader. Could you explain some of the settings. ie the buffer settings, what does this mean. I can work out some of it but not all.

Forexfactory has various free breakout systems if you search there.
Try "Asian range breakouts" in the search engine

Hi Soondock,

Ok, here you go.
Buffer_for_entry: means amount of pips away form the box edge ea will place orders. For example we have box edge at 1.5500 and you enter "5" as a buffer_for_entry, so ea will place orders at 1.5505.
Buffer_for_SL: this usually 0.0 if you want to use custom sl which you set in max_range_sl.

I guess this is all. Ask more if you need.

Ok, here you go.
Buffer_for_entry: means amount of pips away form the box edge ea will place orders. For example we have box edge at 1.5500 and you enter "5" as a buffer_for_entry, so ea will place orders at 1.5505.
Buffer_for_SL: this usually 0.0 if you want to use custom sl which you set in max_range_sl.

I guess this is all. Ask more if you need.

Ok makes sense. I use a 5 digit broker so a 50 pip stop loss will look like 500 in the settings tab of the EA. Is this correct? Or does it take 5 digit brokers into account.

What does the SL factor mean?

How do you trade with 2 take profits? At the moment I can only see the advanced strategy of setting 3 take profit levels. If I turn these to false will it trade to a default that is hard coded?

Sorry for all the questions. It has made 2 successful trades on the GBP/USD GBP/JPY.

All three take profits were hit on both charts.

Thanks

Ok makes sense. I use a 5 digit broker so a 50 pip stop loss will look like 500 in the settings tab of the EA. Is this correct? Or does it take 5 digit brokers into account.

What does the SL factor mean?

How do you trade with 2 take profits? At the moment I can only see the advanced strategy of setting 3 take profit levels. If I turn these to false will it trade to a default that is hard coded?

Sorry for all the questions. It has made 2 successful trades on the GBP/USD GBP/JPY.

All three take profits were hit on both charts.

Thanks

Hello!
Yes you are correct. 50pips with 5 digit broker will be 500. (I also use 5 digit broker).
I use two TP. EA opens 2 trades. If you have TP3 true you will have 3 orders. I think it is your choice. SL_factor: if 1.00 it will use your custom SL. If you enter 0.5 it will use half of your custom SL. Concerning the coding, I am not a programmer :)