start winning and bucketshop starts to requote and freeze

Nope, circa 20% of sb clients win..however, (and apologies if I say you're not listening, but you're not) 80% of that 20% swing and or position trade..So...no matter how good you think your low TF edge is you're fighting the stats, the probability and ergo the markets and the maker.. (not God the market maker :LOL:)

i get you swan. basically I am in the 20% of the 20% category you talk about above so we are talking 4% not 5%. give a newbie a chance!

no I didn't spend 2 years learning it. 'It' can be learnt over a weekend but to learn how to trade it is a completely different matter.

Over the last 2 years I was getting bashed around by the market and being punished for not trading the edge correctly, this came in many forms, revenge trading, overtrading being up there. I was taking a psychological and financial pasting.

I see. Now your spread betting broker has got wise to the fact that you are trading your edge correctly they are re-quoting. Makes sense to me.

no requote this time SB bitch and I spanked you for 10 pips!!!!!!! scuk on that.

You are working too hard on this. Knock it off until Monday because you are fighting the market. It will be here when we are dead and gone. :)

I see. Now your spread betting broker has got wise to the fact that you are trading your edge correctly they are re-quoting. Makes sense to me.

not sure yet will see what happens when I take a few more $$$ of them.

You are working too hard on this. Knock it off until Monday because you are fighting the market. It will be here when we are dead and gone. :)

well its sure been a tricky day on the cable, stuck in a 1 hr range a lot of patience required. Just one more trade and I am powering down for the week.

Last edited:
Don't tell me! I closed out with a loss of about 15 points, at 1.5953, just before that spike! Must have 6th sense.

BTW, the "bucket shop" that I use closed me out with a manual stop right on the button.

Don't tell me! I closed out with a loss of about 15 points, at 1.5953, just before that spike! Must have 6th sense.

BTW, the "bucket shop" that I use closed me out with a manual stop right on the button.

mwah mwah ha. I traded the reversal @ 11.00am right off previous Support on 4hr + 1.59 RN + bunch of other confluence wish I held it a bit longer but until my daily target is met I make sure I get the pips off the table. I had a great set up yesterday until somebody spread a rumour about no QE @ BOE around 11.30am cost me 18.4 pips (that's 15 pips stop loss and 3.4 pips slippage;))

mwah mwah ha. I traded the reversal @ 11.00am right off previous Support on 4hr + 1.59 RN + bunch of other confluence wish I held it a bit longer but until my daily target is met I make sure I get the pips off the table. I had a great set up yesterday until somebody spread a rumour about no QE @ BOE around 11.30am cost me 18.4 pips (that's 15 pips stop loss and 3.4 pips slippage;))

Sell on the rumour, buy on the news! :D

squeezed another +11 pips out of the bucketshop, power down, tough day on the cable. no losers though so that's what we like.

At some point, if you want to take it to the next level you just have to move on from the bucket shops. No matter what people say about them, it's just not viable long-term.

If you need a spread bet wrapper, look at ibetfinancials, they're the only one I would trust. Costs are higher than with a standard broker, but you are trading proper lots, your orders are sent through to the market, they are not trading against you and you still get SB status.

The others are fine for getting your feet wet, but long term? No.

At some point, if you want to take it to the next level you just have to move on from the bucket shops. No matter what people say about them, it's just not viable long-term.

If you need a spread bet wrapper, look at ibetfinancials, they're the only one I would trust. Costs are higher than with a standard broker, but you are trading proper lots, your orders are sent through to the market, they are not trading against you and you still get SB status.

Hi mate

is this one of your multi nics :LOL: I will check ibet financials out. the SB is only for 5 and 10 pounds a pip so chump change really.

This is a new one for me and I can't find their home page.

cant-tell-if-stupid-or-trolling.jpg

srsly... your spreadbet firm cares nothing about your meager account nor do they invest millions into technology to rip you off of $20k

just eat yo' peas...

Hi mate

is this one of your multi nics :LOL: I will check ibet financials out. the SB is only for 5 and 10 pounds a pip so chump change really.

:)(y)

They're worth looking at. Minimum account is 35K, although you'd probably want more like 50 and above to make it worthwhile unless you're doing a lot of volume.

More expensive than a normal futures broker, but still cheaper than the bucket shops once you're doing reasonable size.

i get you swan. basically I am in the 20% of the 20% category you talk about above so we are talking 4% not 5%. give a newbie a chance!

I'm with you in that they try to screw you, but only because you don't play the game properly. You can't scalp with them. If you scalp, they wont hedge you. You're in and out too much. It's true that you are taking money off them most of the time. You will annoy them. It's not your fault you're annoying them, they just don't want your business, so they screw you. If you swing trade, they can hedge you. Hence they like you. Slippage can ruin your edge, so either find an ECN or swing trade like Black Swan said.

:)(y)

They're worth looking at. Minimum account is 35K, although you'd probably want more like 50 and above to make it worthwhile unless you're doing a lot of volume.

More expensive than a normal futures broker, but still cheaper than the bucket shops once you're doing reasonable size.

Don't all rush! :cheesy: I'd have to go cut back on my lunch for six months to pay for that.

I'm glad that you say that they are worth looking at. Is looking free?

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you are trying to jump in on breakout moves (probably from pivot or mini trend line breaks). If this is the case the SB isn't screwing you their price is just changing faster than the order ticket is showing - you'll usually get stuffed trying to catch these very short term break outs even with a broker beacause of similar screen slippage. You can't jump on breakouts you have to place anticipatory orders. Most SB's stop you from doing that by not letting you place very close orders (CMC are an exception).

Last edited: