Spread Betting Winning Strategy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking in the background for a few weeks now just having a look at whats about on the forum. I'm starting off on square 1 with having no experience at all in the trading game and only got interested in it after attending a Traders University free seminar. I'm a bit wiser than to just part with 2k to a salesman that talks the talk.

Is this package something that brand new traders can use to get started without scratching the head at some of the advanced terminology that the advanced traders are using?

I'll be watching with the legends responses with interest!!

gm

Hi,

Yes my manual and CD is for that purpose, all those seminars have sky high prices and most are rip offs.

I.m not claiming my manual is the holy grail nor that it will make you a millionaire or hundreds of thousands of pounds!

What I aim to do with this manual is give you a clear way of trading, and trading plan.

How do you trade, well like most you may have been trading off tips and so on without understand the market or have a entry and exit plan nor a way of managing the trade.

Thats what I teach you in the manual and CD, but I also go into a lot of other things.

The manuals will be shipped to the 3 members tomo.

Davie

Hi,

Yes my manual and CD is for that purpose, all those seminars have sky high prices and most are rip offs.

I.m not claiming my manual is the holy grail nor that it will make you a millionaire or hundreds of thousands of pounds!

What I aim to do with this manual is give you a clear way of trading, and trading plan.

How do you trade, well like most you may have been trading off tips and so on without understand the market or have a entry and exit plan nor a way of managing the trade.

Thats what I teach you in the manual and CD, but I also go into a lot of other things.

The manuals will be shipped to the 3 members tomo.

Davie

As stated on the other thread, I will be one of the traders reviewing this product when I receive it.

I will start a journal for the purpose and will do my utmost to take all the signals and manage them in accordance with the systems rules.

Rest assured I will be totally unbiased and if I screw up somehow I will let everyone know.

Having said that, I don't want anyone blaming me if it is profitable for me but not for them. I am simply going to trade it and note the results. I will not be giving recommendations to purchase this system. You can decide that for yourself.

I will let everyone know after the event what trades I took but I will not compromise the vendor in any way by revealing anything about the system.

I will trade it with real money as I think it is only fair to do so. However, one thing I would ask is how much real money I should trade it with? I want to make sure that I do things in accordance with Mr Spreadbetting so that we don't get any: "Oh well it didn't work because you should have done this..."

Also, how long should I consider to be a statistically viable demo period? I am reluctant to do this for months on end and was thinking more like 4 weeks (1 month) to get a good idea of its profitability.

Tom

As stated on the other thread, I will be one of the traders reviewing this product when I receive it.

I will start a journal for the purpose and will do my utmost to take all the signals and manage them in accordance with the systems rules.

Rest assured I will be totally unbiased and if I screw up somehow I will let everyone know.

Having said that, I don't want anyone blaming me if it is profitable for me but not for them. I am simply going to trade it and note the results. I will not be giving recommendations to purchase this system. You can decide that for yourself.

I will let everyone know after the event what trades I took but I will not compromise the vendor in any way by revealing anything about the system.

I will trade it with real money as I think it is only fair to do so. However, one thing I would ask is how much real money I should trade it with? I want to make sure that I do things in accordance with Mr Spreadbetting so that we don't get any: "Oh well it didn't work because you should have done this..."

Also, how long should I consider to be a statistically viable demo period? I am reluctant to do this for months on end and was thinking more like 4 weeks (1 month) to get a good idea of its profitability.

Tom

Hi,

Thanks for that, well I dont know how much you can afford and I can't say how much you should start with, but my honest opinion I would say start with no less that £700.

The reason being is you will only be trading a select few per week and this is enough to give you an understanding of how it works but also will fit in with my bankroll management rules.

£700-£1000 would be fine.

Also a 4 week trail sounds good.

Davie

Hi,

Thanks for that, well I dont know how much you can afford and I can't say how much you should start with, but my honest opinion I would say start with no less that £700.

The reason being is you will only be trading a select few per week and this is enough to give you an understanding of how it works but also will fit in with my bankroll management rules.

£700-£1000 would be fine.

Also a 4 week trail sounds good.

Davie

Looks like TRO has had his day.

This guy is a refreshing antithesis. No outsize charts clogging up the page, no excessive use of CAPS, and seemingly refreshingly honest. On Spreadbetting. If anybody can turn a profit at SB they they are a true prophet of profit. :D

The King is dead.

Long live the King et al.....:D

Really looking forward to the results of this trial. Having said that, I have come to realise that no matter how perfect the plan, it is the imperfections in the trader that count (or lack of them). Trader_Dante could probably make even a bad system work. We lesser mortals may struggle with a good one! But nevertheless, I look forward to the results with great interest.

I was just looking at the amazon.co.uk entry for this product, and was amused to notice the following:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Page 1 of 4

"Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques: a Con... by Nison"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(A slightly unfortunate contraction by amazon, giving a result that is possibly libellous :) ).

Regards,
M.

Copied from the Mr Spreadbet site:

Subject: Re: SO HOW IS THE TRADING GOING ?? Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the list below says it all! Though after reading Dave's comments about the ADX system I realised that at least half were not true ADX trades. I also think that this week was a bad week for the system.The US banking news made the market surge on Monday triggering most artificially. Then there followed the fall stopping a lot out early. Then today there was a broker down grade of GSK and AZN. Good for me that most were paper trades! All good learning experience. Depressing that they didn't work out but the stop loss system meant most losses were small.

My ADX trades (FINSPREADS PRICES)all 50p pp ,

GSK buy 1271.7 sl 1258.2(sl amended 10/09, stopped out £6.75 loss 11/09)
SN. buy 641.8 sl 635.5(sl amended 09/09, stopped out £3.15 loss 10/09)
AUTONOMY buy 1083 sl 1038(triggered at 1101.1 08/09, stopped out 09/09 £25.55 loss)
SXS buy 789.5 sl 767.2(triggered at 789.5 08/09, stopped out £11.15 loss 10/09)
FGP buy 602.0 sl 582.5(triggered at 610.6 08/09, stopped out £14.05 loss 11/09)
AZN buy 2642.6 sl 2608.0(sl amended 10/09, stopped out £17.30 loss 11/09)
MGCR buy 224.7 sl 214.9(triggered 228.3 08/09, stopped out 09/09 £6.70 loss)
MPI buy 338.8 sl 325.0(triggered at 338.8 08/09,stopped out 09/09 £6.90 loss)
COB buy 224.7 sl 216.7(triggered at 224.7 8/09, stopped out 09/09 £4.43 loss)

And pullback ADX LESS THAN 30

ABF (ADX 25) buy 802.2 sl 784.5 (triggered and stopped out 08/09 £8.85 loss)
ADM (ADX21) buy 905.0 sl 935.3 (triggered at 926.9 08/09, sl ammended 09/09 stopped out £1.10 profit 10/09)
================================

I wouldn't go throwing away your money just yet. ADX systems suck big style, infact any indicator based system is just noob alert to me. You only need price.

Copied from the Mr Spreadbet site:

Subject: Re: SO HOW IS THE TRADING GOING ?? Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the list below says it all! Though after reading Dave's comments about the ADX system I realised that at least half were not true ADX trades. I also think that this week was a bad week for the system.The US banking news made the market surge on Monday triggering most artificially. Then there followed the fall stopping a lot out early. Then today there was a broker down grade of GSK and AZN. Good for me that most were paper trades! All good learning experience. Depressing that they didn't work out but the stop loss system meant most losses were small.

My ADX trades (FINSPREADS PRICES)all 50p pp ,

GSK buy 1271.7 sl 1258.2(sl amended 10/09, stopped out £6.75 loss 11/09)
SN. buy 641.8 sl 635.5(sl amended 09/09, stopped out £3.15 loss 10/09)
AUTONOMY buy 1083 sl 1038(triggered at 1101.1 08/09, stopped out 09/09 £25.55 loss)
SXS buy 789.5 sl 767.2(triggered at 789.5 08/09, stopped out £11.15 loss 10/09)
FGP buy 602.0 sl 582.5(triggered at 610.6 08/09, stopped out £14.05 loss 11/09)
AZN buy 2642.6 sl 2608.0(sl amended 10/09, stopped out £17.30 loss 11/09)
MGCR buy 224.7 sl 214.9(triggered 228.3 08/09, stopped out 09/09 £6.70 loss)
MPI buy 338.8 sl 325.0(triggered at 338.8 08/09,stopped out 09/09 £6.90 loss)
COB buy 224.7 sl 216.7(triggered at 224.7 8/09, stopped out 09/09 £4.43 loss)

And pullback ADX LESS THAN 30

ABF (ADX 25) buy 802.2 sl 784.5 (triggered and stopped out 08/09 £8.85 loss)
ADM (ADX21) buy 905.0 sl 935.3 (triggered at 926.9 08/09, sl ammended 09/09 stopped out £1.10 profit 10/09)
================================

I wouldn't go throwing away your money just yet. ADX systems suck big style, infact any indicator based system is just noob alert to me. You only need price.

1st off ADX system is not mine nor is it what I show you in the manual!

ADX was a thing that me and my members were talking about and some tryed.
The ADX system comes from a book called the "financial spread betting handbook", that has nothing to do with me, you will most likely know this book.

My members and my self were adding a few things to it and taking away a few things from it and just experimenting with it just to try new stuff out and give things ago really.
The version I have on my forum was the best version that I could find, now thats not saying it is a money maker or winning system, but it was more of a trial and bit of fun and interaction with my members doing this.

Davie

Last edited:
Although i generally dislike vendors with a passion- Mr Spreadbetting is coming across in a much better manner than others prior to him (and a couple still existing here now). Keep up being professional and cool about things and you will go a long way (assuming your work is any good that is)

I look forward to seeing the reviews.

Hello All,

Ive been a member a while read a few books, doubled my money then went down, had no real fixed trading plan so i look forward to testing this as i am quite new to trading, and should have a free month to dedicate to it. will post my progress.

aston

Hello All,

Ive been a member a while read a few books, doubled my money then went down, had no real fixed trading plan so i look forward to testing this as i am quite new to trading, and should have a free month to dedicate to it. will post my progress.

aston

I, like many others on here I assume, look forward to seeing the results! It is rare to have such an opportunity for unbiased review on the internet.

Will be especially interesting to hear how your experience as a relatively new trader compares with that of the two more experienced testers. Good luck! (y)

software

Hi,

I just thought you might like to know that I'm having a standalone charting & trading software put together.

This software has a charting package, money management module, indicators all built into it.

But what it also does is serches and scans for for signals based on the trading systems, So instead of searching the markets each day/nite the software would bring to you all the signals and place them on the charts along with the details of buying/selling price and stop loss prices!

I decided to do this to help out my members and save them time searching the market everyday. Also all my money managemen rules are added into the module.
So really all you do is type in how much you start with, and the software tells you how much to bet per point based on you account size and my money rules plus the risk/reeward formula.

I should have the beta version out next month.

Davie

Hi,

I just thought you might like to know that I'm having a standalone charting & trading software put together.

This software has a charting package, money management module, indicators all built into it.

But what it also does is serches and scans for for signals based on the trading systems, So instead of searching the markets each day/nite the software would bring to you all the signals and place them on the charts along with the details of buying/selling price and stop loss prices!

I decided to do this to help out my members and save them time searching the market everyday. Also all my money managemen rules are added into the module.
So really all you do is type in how much you start with, and the software tells you how much to bet per point based on you account size and my money rules plus the risk/reeward formula.

I should have the beta version out next month.

Davie

Now that I would like to test

David,

Will it scan both UK and US markets or just UK ?

Paul

Hi,

It will search UK, US markets, and FTSE, DOW, CAC,.

The software will be based on EOD, but it will be broke into 3 parts over a period of time.

EOD first then a few months later once the developer has the next stage ready it will also have a live data feed with day trading signals based on a support and resistance system, this live module will use 3 charts 1min, 15min and 1 hour to base its signals on.

AFter that and towards the end of next year I will also have a forex module for the software.

Davie

so how much will it cost dave??

I have not done the final calculations yet as I'm still getting the developer to add stuff and takaway stuff that I don't think is needed.

Once the software goes into codelock I will then have a much better idea of how much this service will cost.

But there will be a 14 day trial period

Davie

I have not done the final calculations yet as I'm still getting the developer to add stuff and takaway stuff that I don't think is needed.

Once the software goes into codelock I will then have a much better idea of how much this service will cost.

But there will be a 14 day trial period

Davie

uh-oh... sounds like trouble :)

Are you saying we are much better of buying the current set for 150 odd gbp and slog out the filters manually?

:cheesy:

uh-oh... sounds like trouble :)

Are you saying we are much better of buying the current set for 150 odd gbp and slog out the filters manually?

:cheesy:

Hi,

Im not saying anything like that have not said anything like that!

The software will be a standalone application and service for those who wish to use it with there trading.

The software doesn't tell you "how" to trade, it tells you "what" to trade, and is for people wishing to take a short cut and starting trading, OR for those who have read the manual and learned the methods, but find searching for signals each night taking up to much time.

The software is just a service for anyone who wishs to use it, nothing more nothing less.

Davie

Status
Not open for further replies.