Space Weather

23:59 GMT Friday 20th, which makes it 00:59 BST Saturday 21st.

Autumn Equinox is September 22 at 15:44 (BST)
Winter Solstice is December 21 at 12:04 (GMT)

wasnt Gann interested in/traded off such things?
I am sure I read something to that effect, along with his Square of Nine, stuff.
(sorry if off-topic, but the association popped into my mind)

EDIT: yep, thought I read it somewhere, Seasonal Time.
Lambert-Gann Educators - Timing Market Turns 'W. D. Gann's Seasonal Time'

Saturn and Mars cosmic event!

Saturn-Mars Conjunction on July 10

Tonight, Saturn and Mars converge for their closest encounter of the next 14 years. After nightfall, look west to see the planets only 3/4 of a degree apart, snug enough to fit behind the tip of your pinky finger held at arm's length:

According to astrologists,

The Mars-Saturn will have a major effect on political front and it will drive the opposing forces to come together. This can be a historical turning points for many countries. Political environment will be marked by uncertainty and sudden developments.

Black Friday perhaps?

Saturn is also linked to all the Great Depressions;
Saturn and Great Depressions 1 - StarIQ.com

Good Pic

Attachments

• Hassan-Alsabbar-saturn-mars-03_1215657882_med.jpg
    Hassan-Alsabbar-saturn-mars-03_1215657882_med.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 153
(good morning trend from the GBPUSD, as well as EURUSD. EURJPY was a bit sluggish, and fell back, so thts me done for this morning)

hope this isnt off-topic, but I am reading Lynne McTaggarts "The Intention Experiment", about how expectations can possibly affect outcomes, eg, prayers causing people to have fewer complications after surgery, etc. And couple who have a connection, their brains register change of activity when the other half, kept in a differetn room, thinks about them.

Anyway, the chapter I got to last night was about how solar behaviour, affecting the geomagnetic fields, seem to be related to increased incidences of heart attacks. Scientists named were Michael Persinger and Franz Halberg. (I havent finished the book, so dont tell me the ending!)

(good morning trend from the GBPUSD, as well as EURUSD. EURJPY was a bit sluggish, and fell back, so thts me done for this morning)

hope this isnt off-topic, but I am reading Lynne McTaggarts "The Intention Experiment", about how expectations can possibly affect outcomes, eg, prayers causing people to have fewer complications after surgery, etc. And couple who have a connection, their brains register change of activity when the other half, kept in a differetn room, thinks about them.

Anyway, the chapter I got to last night was about how solar behaviour, affecting the geomagnetic fields, seem to be related to increased incidences of heart attacks. Scientists named were Michael Persinger and Franz Halberg. (I havent finished the book, so dont tell me the ending!)

Good book, I won't reveal the ending.

I was keen to investigate the Sunspot and Geomagnetic phenomenon in relation to trading but the thread got derailed by the usual suspects.

The conjunction of Saturn and Mars is a real event happening tonight. I am puzzled why every time anything to do with planets is mentioned the Uranus joke comes out. I personally am fascinated by astronomy and suspect that astrology (now called astronomy) is an exact science which only a few can master.

Maybe another time.

Good book, I won't reveal the ending.

I was keen to investigate the Sunspot and Geomagnetic phenomenon in relation to trading but the thread got derailed by the usual suspects.

The conjunction of Saturn and Mars is a real event happening tonight. I am puzzled why every time anything to do with planets is mentioned the Uranus joke comes out. I personally am fascinated by astronomy and suspect that astrology (now called astronomy) is an exact science which only a few can master.

Maybe another time.

its one of those things.
some use astrology very broadly, in the sense of attributing subjective phraseology when used to describe people or events.
the other side is people like me, who use it in mathematical terms to filter out the subjectivity to find some meaning greater than chance.
neither group comes away really satisfied.

re: astronomy: I havent dusted off my Skylux refractor for a few months, and what with the recent rains, I reckon I will miss the Saturn-Mars conjunction.

keep writing though. there are those who will make the effort to read good stuff.
and hey! theres one less planet to worry about now that Plutos been demoted.

Lunar Eclipse

LUNAR ECLIPSE: This Saturday, August 16th, people on every continent *except* North America can see a lunar eclipse. At maximum, around 2110 UT (5:10 pm EDT), more than 81% of the Moon will be inside Earth's shadow, producing a vivid red orb in the night sky visible to the naked eye even from light-polluted cities. The entire eclipse lasts more than 3 hours, so there's plenty of time for gazing, drinking coffee, and taking pictures.

North Americans can watch the eclipse via live webcast beginning 3:30 pm EDT on Saturday afternoon. Eclipse-cam links may be found, along with time tables, visibility maps, and eclipse photo galleries, at SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids .

hey, rols, do you know how tides work? WTF does us being made out of water have to do with anything?

tides work on the gravitational pull of the moon, so in theory if humans are 60% water the moons gravity must somehow effect us if they can cause entire oceans to shift

Gravity effects all things, not just water. Mountains on Earth are effected by the moon's gravity :-0

As for the effect the moon has on me – it makes me feel indifferent about certain tragedies.

having used to be a doorman for over 5years full time, i can 110% say that full moons change people. the amount of nutters you come across on a full moon is insane

having used to be a doorman for over 5years full time, i can 110% say that full moons change people. the amount of nutters you come across on a full moon is insane

Doesn't have to be anything to do with gravity that...

no, im just making reference to how other forces can effect people. out of intrest what did you mean when you asked the OP if he knew how tides work? as he clearly does

he said if the moon can move the oceans it must have some effect on humans. which is entirely true, the moons gravity causes the worlds oceans to move and creates tides..im not sure i get you, are you disagreeing with this or do you think he doesn't know that (even tho he said it)

I'm not convinced he understands how the moon moves the oceans, if he were he'd understand the key factor is the variation in the moon's gravitational field across the whole globe, for such a tidal effect on humans the variation in said field is pretty much nil.

are two things being confused here...???

The moon's pull on the oceans is what causes tides..

The Lunar eclipse may act as an "umbrella" for the particles arriving from the Sun (aka Solar Wind), which as far as I know is considered far more likely to affect human behaviour that the Tides...

he said if the moon can move the oceans it must have some effect on humans. which is entirely true, the moons gravity causes the worlds oceans to move and creates tides..im not sure i get you, are you disagreeing with this or do you think he doesn't know that (even tho he said it)

The moon's gravity effecting people is an absurd idiotic theory. Gravity is usually measured in units of acceleration, in other words, gravity is indistinguishable from acceleration. If you were in a box floating in space and it was accelerated at a rate of 9.8Meters/second per second you wouldn’t know if you were still in space or on earth. The force you feel when you accelerate in your car or take corners at speed is probably 100’s stronger than the force of the moon’s gravity.

i wasn't saying it is true, i was just talking about the moons effect on tides? think everyone is getting a bit muddled up here on who is claiming what lol