Space Weather

Make that millions of times stronger... actually the relative difference between standing in London or standing in New York is hundreds of times greater than the variations from the moon.

i wasn't saying it is true, i was just talking about the moons effect on tides? think everyone is getting a bit muddled up here on who is claiming what lol

Everyone knows the moon is the major cause of oceanic tides but very few of them actually understand how.

i wasn't saying it is true, i was just talking about the moons effect on tides? think everyone is getting a bit muddled up here on who is claiming what lol

Yes, but I explained earlier, gravity from the moon exerts a force on everything. It's just the force on the worlds oceans is much more obvious. Mountain ranges do get higher due to the moons gravitational pull and I would say it's much more likely that a tall heavy building would exert more gravity on you than the moon.

I would say it's much more likely that a tall heavy building would exert more gravity on you than the moon.

Depends how far away you stand! Remebering the equation from GCSE physics (gravitational force = G*m1*m2 / distance^2) we could estimate:

m1 = 70kg
m2 = 7.36E+22kg for the moon
m2 = 15000000kg for a building (Fu Gang building in China)
distance to moon = 3.8E+10m

so gravitational force of the building is about 30 times that of the moon if you're standing 1 meter away. To make them equal, you would need to stand about 5 meters away from the building