Some of my trades, forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aud/usd

As per my Weekly Report, this is the area of upward exhaustion, so my entry for a short has kicked in at .9244, which is my WR1.

Truly, good to hear from you. I know we had a little conversation the other day. Cable clearly has its eyes on 1.5584, which could prove to be sharp resistance. It is the combination of a sharp descending kijun and the 50% market of my YS1--YP. If that is broken,we might have 1.5720 on the radar. The downside was contained at 1.5296, which also barely missed my projection at 1.5284 since the beginning of the DOWN. If 1.5584 is broken and 1.5720 holds, then clearly, 1.5284, maybe lower will be the focus.

Cheers, well it didn't quite work out that way but I still took good profit from that trade. Am now short .9260 AUD/USD. I'd been watching this anyway and your WR confirmed the opportunity. Let's see how this unfolds...

truly

It has been a scenic adventure on the last few trades I've made. I'm glad I'm still in the positive on the trades.
It looks like you will do better on the aussie position than I will, as you got in a little later. .9023 is on my radar for the immediate future. Longer term, I think the bottom is going to fall completely out.

Cheers, well it didn't quite work out that way but I still took good profit from that trade. Am now short .9260 AUD/USD. I'd been watching this anyway and your WR confirmed the opportunity. Let's see how this unfolds...

truly

Aud/usd

The upward move is getting stretched to the max. Watch for reaction at the DR3 at .9281.
The 3 also shows us the daily move got stretched to the max. Overall, the composition of the whole weekly move tells me the leg is stretched.

Attachments

• audusd daily.jpg
    audusd daily.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 133
Re: Aud/usd

The upward move is getting stretched to the max. Watch for reaction at the DR3 at .9281.
The 3 also shows us the daily move got stretched to the max. Overall, the composition of the whole weekly move tells me the leg is stretched.

I think we've been seeing a bit of fundamental flux for the last hour, with some not great news releases for the US.

Re: Aud/usd

Maybe. The only news items that grab my attention are the NFP adn the FOMC. If I enter a trade around those times, I just want to make sure I'm on the right side of things. If there is a fundamental flux, then I still noticed the peak is 6 points under my DR3, which also happens to be the fartherest R I have to be contained within the parameters of my WR.
I've always maintained that fundamental information always stats within technical parameters. It could be my opinion, but I just haven't seen otherwise.

I think we've been seeing a bit of fundamental flux for the last hour, with some not great news releases for the US.

It has been a scenic adventure on the last few trades I've made. I'm glad I'm still in the positive on the trades.
It looks like you will do better on the aussie position than I will, as you got in a little later. .9023 is on my radar for the immediate future. Longer term, I think the bottom is going to fall completely out.

I've been on that AUD scenic adventure with you Paul, but i haven't bailed on this one because I also believe that the bottom is going to fall out very soon.

Dave

You're welcome.
Feel free to make comments, ask questions. Anything we can do to help, that is what we are here for. There has also been some constructive criticism offered on here, and I'm glad to take that on too.

Thanks for the info - it really gives me inspiration to get stuck into learning more. R

Dave, I haven't been very good lately at just taking the jet to my destination. It's been the local a lot. As of this writing, the most recent aussie position is up by 19 pips.
The nice thing is that even the local trips will eventually get you to your final destination. I am up a nice chunk of pips again this week, so I won't complain too loud.
The GBP/CHF situation was an irony this week. According to my WR, I was hot to trot with it. By the time it took the unexpected extra leg south, I had a double piggy back. By the time it dug out of it, it moved one-way about 260 pips. I took out all 3 positions, because I was already tired of looking at them. It's just one of those mood swings, but still a net of +280 will do the job any day.

I've been on that AUD scenic adventure with you Paul, but i haven't bailed on this one because I also believe that the bottom is going to fall out very soon.

Dave

Okay, it's time to get the monkey off my back, and publicly address some e-mails and some PM's, and this way we leave no doubt about what I am doing here. BTW, no names are getting mentioned, so no one hold your breath.
Anyone can read this entire thread if you want, and you will never see read how I tried to promote my methodology or encourage anyone to trade with it. Even in private conversations and different threads on this site, I have said methodologies are personal. As long as it brings consistent gains, that is all that counts. Different ones have asked and pondered about using the ichimoku cloud, and some of you get particular levels for my S&R's, and all that is good. I am glad to help anyone trade iowth the ichimoku cloud or my S&R's, but I will never force the usage of mine or anyone else's methodology on anyone. I'll give tips, support, and you name it. My S&R's are some of the most accurate anyone will ever come across, but they are proprietary. I'll give the levels, but not the formula. That is another reason I could never even encourage someone to use my methodology, because someday I'll be dead, adn there will bo no more of Paul and Tucker's (in the avatar) S&R's.
Another reason I trade the way I do is because I have a high risk tolerance, and lots of ice in my veins. It has just been effective, but effective for me. I could never be effective using the Elliot Wave, but my buddy, Dave, is doing a splendid job with it.
I break many sterotypical rules by not using stops, and piggy backing my trades. Don't do it, unless you know what you are doing. Having said that, I have several trades that take the jet. You know, place the trade, go to bed, and wake up to +100 pips.
I'll give my opinion concerning my trades, but I had an e-mail when someone asked, "What should I do?" The problem was he was already in the trade and 200 pips down. It's too late to ask me then. Ask before you enter. I'm a trader, not the magic jeannie.
Now, I'm going to contradict myself....to a degree. (I know some people already licking their chops on this one. Don't count on it.) It's okay to trade my forecasts with no stops, and even piggy back the trades, but please, don't do it live. Open a demo and trade that way all you want. If you do go bankrupt, just apply for some more demo money, and they'll hook you up with no credit check. A good friend of mine trades with no stops, and piggy backs, and he is doing very well, but there was a lot of hard lining that was needed. Let's face, this type of methodology has made me outstanding pips, but it is off-the-wall, and there is more to it than meets the eye. My friend was my protegee in 2007.
I mentioned all this for the benefit of the newbies. By now the vets of the trading world are sleeping. I think if you ask most successful traders, they will agree whole-heartedly, at least in principle, to all I have said. In private, or in this forum, if you comment or ask, I will tell, and I shoot like an arrow. It is straight, and sometimes it might hurt, but that is because I just told you either what was honest, or how I felt from an opinionated point of view.
I said all that, not to rave on, but so there is no misunderstanding of my points of view on the things I talked about.

Gbp/usd

I got 1.5376 on my ST radar, so I entered at 1.5393.
I'm thinking the MP at 1.5349 will be hit, but according to my WR, we are at the basement for this pair, so I don't want to get too bold.
I do look at it that if a pair is on my radar, then just take what it gives you.

Okay, it's time to get the monkey off my back, and publicly address some e-mails and some PM's, and this way we leave no doubt about what I am doing here. BTW, no names are getting mentioned, so no one hold your breath.

I'll respond to that one Paul. I don't mention my trading style either because I can almost guarantee it would get newbies in a lot of trouble. Unlike you I do run stops, but they are based on day S&R's so I have lost a lot of pips before on a single trade. But on the other hand I have some huge gains as well on a single trade. Also I am very aggressive with my trading, running 6 or more trades at a time because I am pushing hard to build my capitol. Some weeks I will lose 20% of my account, but other weeks I will more than double my account. The point is that you have trade what you can emotionally stand. I am like Paul in that I have ice in my veins and I am not scared to lose, and therefore I am winning more than losing. The last point I would like to make is that I only trade my own system. That comes with experience and confidence in your system. I had a bad trading week last week and then started Sunday night with a nice profit because I had confidence in my system. The bottom line is that I am constantly learning and I know that ultimately I am responsible for making my own success.

Good Trading Everyone,
Dave

This is why it is so important that you build your methodology around your personality. Most people could not stand running 6 trades at one time. Most people could not stand going 300 pips in the whole on the GBP/CHF, and piggy backing it while it is sliding down the hill. Personally, I hate stops, because I don't like getting spiked. I can't see anyway a trade will ever back up on me by 1,000 pips. But, that's me.
Another good point you made that I like. You were saying you lost 20%, and then gained it all back. There are people that frown on risking more than 2% capital on one trade, or stop after losing 2% in one day. That is their methodology, but it should not be imposed on others.
High risk tolerance brings greater rewards. Listen up newbies! High risk tolerance, if you don't know what you are doing, also portends to put your entire trading portfolio in jeopardy.
Part of my bakup plan is that I have at least the equal in my trading account in ready liquid assets. I may be in a trade that went awry. Then, I piggy back it, and it goes further in the mud. Then I see a hot pair that needs me to become a part of the ride. Well, guess what? I got that money set aside, so I just buy some temporary extra margin room, then I take advantage of the hot pair, and then wihdraw that portion of the money after I close the hot pair.
In the infant stages of your trading career, all the variables we discussed need to be addressed, and before you put up one dime of your money, live. It's a lions world. 90% get eaten up. That's why I say what I do.

I'll respond to that one Paul. I don't mention my trading style either because I can almost guarantee it would get newbies in a lot of trouble. Unlike you I do run stops, but they are based on day S&R's so I have lost a lot of pips before on a single trade. But on the other hand I have some huge gains as well on a single trade. Also I am very aggressive with my trading, running 6 or more trades at a time because I am pushing hard to build my capitol. Some weeks I will lose 20% of my account, but other weeks I will more than double my account. The point is that you have trade what you can emotionally stand. I am like Paul in that I have ice in my veins and I am not scared to lose, and therefore I am winning more than losing. The last point I would like to make is that I only trade my own system. That comes with experience and confidence in your system. I had a bad trading week last week and then started Sunday night with a nice profit because I had confidence in my system. The bottom line is that I am constantly learning and I know that ultimately I am responsible for making my own success.

Good Trading Everyone,
Dave

Re: Gbp/usd

That was a nice little 17-pipper. I'm glad I didn't get greedy, as the MP was never hit.

I got 1.5376 on my ST radar, so I entered at 1.5393.
I'm thinking the MP at 1.5349 will be hit, but according to my WR, we are at the basement for this pair, so I don't want to get too bold.
I do look at it that if a pair is on my radar, then just take what it gives you.

To some degree, I'm glad everything lined up. I am going to do that Weekly Review, but there will be no Weekly Report this week.
I have been working with someone on some charting software, teaching that one how to trade off it. It has been used in conjunction with my methodology, which is how I managed to only allude to it while posting my WR. The software is down for what should be a small period of time.
Comnbine that with the fact my wife and I have a very active weekend with travel and shopping, I was already trying to figure out how to be able to do my WR. Now, I can blame the software we've been using-- lol.

Dave

I stuck with it too. I was tempted to take 50 pips or so last night but surely there's more potential. But as I type not sure I'll take it through the weekend though, see what happens in the next few hours.

On the general point of trading strategies and methods, there is no right and wrong. I always use stops but often quite wide. They are never altered. If you're new to it though, no way should anyone be live without stops in my opinion. If you get to the point where you feel you don't need them fair play, but that can only come from a sustained and consistent period of success.

I stuck with it too. I was tempted to take 50 pips or so last night but surely there's more potential. But as I type not sure I'll take it through the weekend though, see what happens in the next few hours.

On the general point of trading strategies and methods, there is no right and wrong. I always use stops but often quite wide. They are never altered. If you're new to it though, no way should anyone be live without stops in my opinion. If you get to the point where you feel you don't need them fair play, but that can only come from a sustained and consistent period of success.

I'm in this one over the weekend and then we'll see what happens next week.

As usual, I won't give any names. But, I have been getting hit PM'd certain ones on this site who want to make decisions for me on what is good and what is the right way to trade. Case in point, a certain one was telling me how wrong I was for double piggybacking the GBP/CHF, and how terrible it was it went 300 pips against me, and that I am miselading people in this thread. Bottom line, it may have been another sloppy week at the office, but I stil got over 500 pips and close to 50% gains on my account, this week alone.
You made also made a good point, Truly. That is the personableness of trading. My type of trading, i.e, the piggybacking, is not something I would ever reccomend to someone. It's the experience and high-confidence level I have in my trading that makes me do that. What you mentioned on how personal trading is is why I mentioned what I did.
I was tempted to take the aussie out as soon as it came one pip within my DS1 at .9205. The 4-hour, on up, looks hot, and that is why I risked it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.