Some of my trades, forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GBP/CHF trade

This is lacking the follow-through, so I had to paly it safe and took it out at 1.6481 for +40 pips after getting the strong spike on the 15-min. I was hoping and expecting a lot more (rrrrgh).
I am stubbornly hanging on to my EUR/USD. I'm still waiting for the breakout below.
The EUR/GBP is working out nicely.

The pair is meeting up with some very strong resistance, and it is vey OB, so I entered a short at 1.6521

This is lacking the follow-through, so I had to paly it safe and took it out at 1.6481 for +40 pips after getting the strong spike on the 15-min. I was hoping and expecting a lot more (rrrrgh).
I am stubbornly hanging on to my EUR/USD. I'm still waiting for the breakout below.
The EUR/GBP is working out nicely.

What would be the breakout level for EUR/USD pls?

Hi Quaid, I am not a breakout trader as per se. I look for OB and OS conditions of pairs, as well as monitor the current trend's range, then I trade accordingly.
I mentioned in the other post that I am stubbornly holding on to the EUR/USD, just because it is a matter of time when we get the break south. This is because of some extreme OB conditions that do not show up even using the stochastics. Given the current conditions, I am expecting around a 400-point or more drop.
That prevailing condition of the EUR/GBP also made it such a viable vehicle to short after it made it to .8410.
It's also implied that cable is also going to go through some sort of correctional process, but the obviations are not there, yet, as they are with the euro. Once the move south begins, it will still be the euro pushing the cross, which means a further move south for the cross, and that was also forecasted that we would see a move to at least .8284

What would be the breakout level for EUR/USD pls?

Jimmy, feel free to ask questions, or make comments. The only way you will know what I'm talking about is by asking the questions you don't know the answers to.
I'll admit, my methodology is highly unique, but there are no dumb questions. As a matter a fact, you don't even have to agree with my trades or forecasts. I'm open to all discussion.

cool thread, I wish I knew what you were talking about, but I can see you know ur stuff.. :)

Hi Paul,
I still have my EUR/USD short as well. And I am surprised as you are that we haven't had much follow through yet. On the brighter side I also have been short AUD/USD and long EUR/AUD since Monday, so those two pairs are working out nice right now.

Dave, I was on the opposite side at the beginning of the week on the EUR/AUD. My MS1 is 1.4331, and that was the circa area I jumped out. That looks like it happened perfectly.
Maybe you can help me kick the EUR/USD in the rearend. I'm anxious for our brilliance to coming shining through--lol.

Hi Paul,
I still have my EUR/USD short as well. And I am surprised as you are that we haven't had much follow through yet. On the brighter side I also have been short AUD/USD and long EUR/AUD since Monday, so those two pairs are working out nice right now.

Re: EUR/USD trade

Okay, let's see/ This one got away from me. That still does not take away from the extremely OB conditions of the pair and the fact the reversal is going to be explosive. Containment should now be circa 1.3110.

As per my forecast, I entered a short on the EUR/USD at 1.2991, The signal was at the WR1 at 1.2977, so I'll just take a few extra pips on the trade. Initial support will be seen at the daily tenken at 1.2879. I won't be surprised to see this pair hit the top of the cloud at 1.2645.

Okay, let's see/ This one got away from me. That still does not take away from the extremely OB conditions of the pair and the fact the reversal is going to be explosive. Containment should now be circa 1.3110.

If you look at my thread then you will see the 61.8% retracement is right at 1.3100 as well, so I hope we are both correct. My thoughts several days ago were that if there was any upside left for the euro it should peak out around the 1.3100.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting patiently for the bottom in the dollar franc. When that finally happens I think the dollar will blow out all kinds of resistance levels. I think it will be one of the best trades of this year.

Dave, I read your thread everytime my e-mail pops up that there is a post. Therefore, I'm sure I read your figure, but I think we are both convinced we didn't copy each other. That is so coincidental!! Almost laughable.
Another thing, I don't even use Fibs with the exception of how they pertain to my S&R's
BTW, I went outside the conventional thinking of my methodology to come up with my entry and determination of the EUR/USD. A strong move looked apparent in the circa area of where it is now with regards to the trend's range and the total decomposition of it. After the down move has been made, however, the accuracy of the TRM bands will come in view as current price is at +2 sigma. It all adds up to, for the EUR/USD, a minimum 470-point drop.
Even though, the EUR/GBP's UP has begun, the curreny correction is not over. I'll consider a long position once some depths in the .82 range has been realized.

If you look at my thread then you will see the 61.8% retracement is right at 1.3100 as well, so I hope we are both correct. My thoughts several days ago were that if there was any upside left for the euro it should peak out around the 1.3100.

If you like candlestick patterns then the euro has a nice set of tweezer tops right now. I have noticed that tweezer tops and bottoms are pretty good reversal indicators.

Maybe you can post a chart as to what you are talking about. The 3110 was good enough for me, but I do not know what you are looking at in terms of tweezer tops.

If you like candlestick patterns then the euro has a nice set of tweezer tops right now. I have noticed that tweezer tops and bottoms are pretty good reversal indicators.

I was saying the same thing when price was camped around 1.1700m and getting ready for the short. I do agree with you as it is brewing into an excellent long opportunity. I wsa going to give my update concerning it, so it is next.

I'm also waiting patiently for the bottom in the dollar franc. When that finally happens I think the dollar will blow out all kinds of resistance levels. I think it will be one of the best trades of this year.

Bought the eur/usd on Mon at 12930 and exited today at 13090. Intending to get back in after a decent retraction and consolidation and hold most of next week -as you know I believe its going to 135

Usd/chf

We are close to the bottom of the weekly cloud and with momentum diminishing, it could be the sign of a strong reversal. The bottom of the cloud has been raised from the original 1.0317 to 1.0350. It will be 1.0430. Therefore, the conclusion is we are revving up for a strong reversal or for support to be broken and a move to circa 1.0150.
For now, things still look very bearish for the pair, as R on the hourly ay 1.0483 appears to be containment for any correction. The developmental process for the reversal could still take some time. Price is still outrunning the indicators when it moves south, and the indicators outrun price when it moves north.
Another thing that still makes me apprehensive about getting too giddy about jump on the backs of the bulls are the highly bearish implications on the monthly.

Jeremy, I have 1.3510 on my LT radar, as it is the monthly tenken, with a possibility of it hitting 1.3956, which is the kijun. For now, there should be quite a decent pullback of 470+ points, so I'm being patient with my short, when this is over, then I'll consider a long.

Bought the eur/usd on Mon at 12930 and exited today at 13090. Intending to get back in after a decent retraction and consolidation and hold most of next week -as you know I believe its going to 135

Re: Usd/chf

It is approaching Jan lows

It has been rising on reports that the Swiss National Bank is dumping EURCHF, bailing out of its money-losing interventions, in which it bought EURCHF over past 18 months. However the dollar is so weak - you never know - it might break downwards again...

Maybe you can post a chart as to what you are talking about. The 3110 was good enough for me, but I do not know what you are looking at in terms of tweezer tops.

It is the two candles that have the same high, or in this case within 1 pip of each other.

Attachments

• tweezer top.PNG
    tweezer top.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 115

Jeremy, I have 1.3510 on my LT radar, as it is the monthly tenken, with a possibility of it hitting 1.3956, which is the kijun. For now, there should be quite a decent pullback of 470+ points, so I'm being patient with my short, when this is over, then I'll consider a long.

470 ? Wow Ive got support showing at 13000 and 12930 - but at the moment its going back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.