SOCRATES Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site has lost it's main attraction

Ouch!

SOCRATES has also been deleted from the member list. I thought banned members still appeared in this list. But anyway........

I must point out that... now Socrates has gone for good.... there is not any real merit or interest left here........

Jed

I must point out that... now Socrates has gone for good.... there is not any real merit or interest left here........

Have to agree.

With the departure of Socrates and so many other excellent traders over the past year or so, T2W is rapidly turning into a non-trading site.

Personally I only visit T2W to rant on about rugby, football and cricket.

And to wind up certain people who have demonstrated their ability to be wound up.

.....It would have been better to let Soc continue rather than having this thread...!!

....In this web world and with creative coding surely there are much better ways to control an input rather than having to 'eliminate' a person.....

.....Now where have to heard this before....exterminate....exterminate....when dialogue vocabulary was limited...was it Daleks...?

....just as one man's music is other man's noise.....one man's comment and the way it is said is often taken by other man as an insult....!!

....just as one man's music is other man's noise.....one man's comment and the way it is said is often taken by other man as an insult....!!

I agree. Who, after all, would consider "worthless dunce" to be an insult . . .

......wothless dunce is not a comment when directed at someone.........it is an insult......

.....if site is moderated then cut these words out by default......most of the words already are like....p*ick.....s*it.....p*at......c*nt.....f*ck....etc etc...

Last edited:

...another comment/observation.....what are the general participants of an otherwise great site are reduced to...??

....talking/discussing about s*hit subject......!!

....enough said....

.....and if this is what Soc has said then lets paste the discussion thread leading to this stage when he called someone that.......

FWIW my own take is that Socco's contributions are of no value to anyone who wants to learn about trading. His value lies in being a figure of fun. A role blatantly crafted for himself, by himself. I say bring him back, if just only to laugh at.

Jed

With two posts to your credit in three and a half years, can't see many people mourning your passing, sunshine. 'Merit and interest' only derives from those contributing to these boards, after all.

I'm sure the blow to Socrates of being banned from T2W will be somewhat softened by the number of people turning up to his funeral (ie this thread). His ego is bound to continue undaunted! Good luck to him.

I think this thread should be closed really, its all a bit OTT.

When MUFC sold Jaap Stam, it was because his book comments proved to be detrimental to the overall structure of MUFC in the opinion of MUFC management. No individual player is bigger than the team.

I have no opinion as to if SOCRATES should have been banned or not from T2W. I don't know exactly why he was banned. I don't have the inclination to find out either, as i have better ways to spend my time. If this is the highlight of some peoples days, i suggest you take a long hard look at your situation & perhaps look to make a few adjustments :eek: ;) :LOL: :rolleyes: :cry: :cheesy:

Last edited:
And I'm sure he's watching......

Not under his name he isn't, but I'm sure his puppets will report back.

GammaJammer said:
If he does end up being re-instated

Socrates will not be back, either now or at any point in the future; not if I have any say in it, anyway. The same goes for the other people who continue to inhabit that other attempt at a bulletin board, seemingly populated by about four people - all of whom are a few (carrot) sandwiches short of a picnic imo.

JTrader said:
I think this thread should be closed really, its all a bit OTT.

I wholeheartedly agree, JT. And if anyone starts another thread on the same topic at any point, anywhere on the site, I will warn you now; the thread will be promptly binned and you will find yourself the recipient of a ban, duration to be determined. The subject is now closed as far as this website is concerned (and no, it's not a democracy; it's a website)

Status
Not open for further replies.